Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 06:12 PM   #22
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Rohan
I take mine back! I change it to.....

Drinking alchohal is illegal
That was already done, found to be a failure, and repealed. American History (see teach, I wasn't sleeping all the time).

I'm not going to wish I could change anything, because I don't have the power to change a thing. You are born, you go through this world a pawn in someone else's game, you die. End of story. Ok, maybe it's just that I'm being a bicce 'cuz I'm in a pissy mood.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 10:22 PM   #23
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
That was already done, found to be a failure, and repealed. American History (see teach, I wasn't sleeping all the time).

I'm not going to wish I could change anything, because I don't have the power to change a thing. You are born, you go through this world a pawn in someone else's game, you die. End of story. Ok, maybe it's just that I'm being a bicce 'cuz I'm in a pissy mood.
Whoa isn't that a bit hmm a bit depressing? Not quite like that.

I would change it so men could understand women. (at least a little bit so they would stop being jerks and acting like all we want to do is be a freakin model for thier fantasies.)

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:00 AM   #24
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Only one thing? That's hard...

I think if we could wipe out humanity, though, that might cover all the changes I'd want.

No more car alarms, gas fumes, shopping malls, fast food restaurants, SUVs, wars, toxic waste dumps, etc. The planet could go back to being green, with clean air and water for all the creatures that would remain.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:53 AM   #25
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
Nope, you get born, develop a frame of reference through learning from others & your own experiences, you strive to be the best you can be, you struggle with an exestential crisis, are relieved to find that the journey you find yourself on is infinitely more exiting than the original 'safe' trip you were planning, you grow older, wiser & beome distinguished, you find Mr Right / Mr Right Now along the way, maybe get married, have children & take joy in living your life as you want it. You get to spend time with some of the most wonderful (and not so wonderful) creatures - learning from them all & every once in a while you get to reflect on who you are & make a decision to either change it or keep it as is & further develop it. You get to be happy, be sad, experience excrutiating pain & wonder how you will ever recover from it, only to discover that you do recover & most likely have become a stronger person, you get to love & lose, you get to run, skip, jump, sit inside by the fireside eating pancakes & drinking hot chocolate in winter, you get to watch thunderstorms in Summer & stand in awe at the rainbows that follow. You experience beginnings and ends - births and deaths. And though the deaths often seem too much to bear, you count yourself lucky that you had the good fortune to have had that person in your life. In short you get to LIVE! What you do with that life is entirely up to you.

If you are a pawn in someone else's game it's only your own fault, we are all born with equal opportunities awaiting us, how we go about taking advantage of those & realising our own potential is up to us. You need to decide for yourself if you are going to be a pawn or not. And you do have the power to change eveything within your circle of power, problem is you need to take responsibility first & ONLY then will you be able to recognise that which you can influence & that which you can't.

Last edited by Baby-K : 05-14-2003 at 01:55 AM.
Baby-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 06:39 AM   #26
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Y'know the good thing about being a pawn?

Little as yer feel yer still get a chance to tackle the king or jump the queen

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 06:56 AM   #27
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Y'know the good thing about being a pawn?

Little as yer feel yer still get a chance to tackle the king or jump the queen
I need to have my eyes tested - I read it as Y'know the good thing about being a PRAWN............couldn't figure out why the hell a queen would be jumped by a prawn (had visions of royalty being attacked by their entreés or giant sea-cockroaches attacking the shores of England )
Old 05-14-2003, 07:01 AM   #28
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Seafood Surprise!

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
I need to have my eyes tested - I read it as Y'know the good thing about being a PRAWN............couldn't figure out why the hell a queen would be jumped by a prawn (had visions of royalty being attacked by their entreés or giant sea-cockroaches attacking the shores of England )
Nah, the only thing the queen has to worry about is crabs

Not much manages to crawl out the sea here

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 07:09 AM   #29
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Nah, the only thing the queen has to worry about is crabs
I've heard those could be nasty - apparently they pinch you when you least expect it & the wounds burn like hell Good thing she has so much protection then

Quote:
Not much manages to crawl out the sea here
The way I see it the only things crawling near the ocean would be the drunken sailors..........

(has anyone ever figured out what exactly to do with them?)

But, staying on topic - If I could change one thing in the world it would be to make all boy (and girly) bands illegal