Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-07-2003, 03:17 PM   #21
LeniFreak
Hobbit

Location: In a small town in a small state in a...rather overlarge country
I'm not THAT worried about being in high school next year, seeing as I spent most of this year suffering because of all my friends being freshmen and me being a lowly eighth grader...
Question, though, for those of you in high school. Did you notice an increase in the necessity to pay attention in class, or no?
Old 05-07-2003, 04:10 PM   #22
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I found high school (which is 10-12 in Alberta, where I live) to be a complete joke, academically speaking... and I took accelerated programmes and the like, too. But I enjoyed (and kind of miss) the very social nature of the high school environment. Of course, this is coming from somebody who would claim that he fell in with all the right people, and made the right friends.

5000 in 9th grade? That's obscene. My school was considered huge, and it only had 2000 people total.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 04:15 PM   #23
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Lol. I'm already thinking of High school, and I'm onlky in grade 6. I even know which courses I'm talking for grade 9 and 10.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 04:18 PM   #24
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

really you do? i got acouple courses and i stil have a few years!
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Bunnie_Queen_1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 05:25 PM   #25
turtlelover
Elven Warrior

I have all my classes planned (of courseI do I'll be a freshman in a matter of less than 5 mmonts)but i don't have my schedule yet. I am taking debate and that i mostly juniors and seniors but I'm sure I'll b ok!

"I don't know why it does this! maybe i'm allergic to bras?"-Dee
turtlelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:30 PM   #26
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
my moms making me do 4 honors and orchestra..so i dont have time to do any of the electives that i want to do...
im going to be sooo stressed out next year

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:32 PM   #27
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot

5000 in 9th grade? That's obscene. My school was considered huge, and it only had 2000 people total.
theres only 180 in our grade...and we think its big cuz we live in a small place

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 12:13 AM   #28
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Don't whine about doing four Honours and orchestra... it will probably pay off in the long run. Most high school level electives are pretty useless and are better taught at the college level anyway. The only elective I could take in high school was Symphonic Band, because I took a full International Baccalaureate programme (which is basically honours, but on an internationally defined curriculum). Paid off big-time, because I ended up with a bit of advance credit for university - which meant more electives.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 09:57 PM   #29
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
To all the sixth and seventh graders worrying about high school: DON'T! Save it for the end of eighth grade (or ninth, if your high school starts in 10th grade). Junior high is hard enough as it is without worrying about something far off.

As far as I know, no one has ever unwillingly been stuffed in a locker or cabinet (though yes, I do know someone who did it willingly). Just be careful around homecoming, because seniors can be nasty. ::recalls story about boy being duct taped to a stop sign naked::
Old 05-08-2003, 11:33 PM   #30
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
Just be careful around homecoming, because seniors can be nasty. ::recalls story about boy being duct taped to a stop sign naked::
Hmmm... tied him naked to a stop sign... that's original. When we did it, we used Saran-wrap and duct tape to tie the poor guy to a tree after we hog-tied him, threw him in the back of his own truck, and drove him to someone's house. Yeah, homecoming week is fun.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 06:30 PM   #31
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

The only thing about highschool that bothers me is that my sister will be there.
The thing with my school system is some of next year's freshmen are already at the highschool as eight graders (aka Greenhorns) while others (like myself) are in middle school for another year, so I have no idea how many students will be there.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:04 PM   #32
turtlelover
Elven Warrior

that is really wierd how does the school keep evrything strait let alone the students?

Old 05-11-2003, 07:47 PM   #33
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

Okay, here's the problem. In my county there are 4 highschools and 5 middle schools. Mine is the only middle school that goes to the eighth grade. People leaving my school will go to one of three highschools.(The fourth one is too far off).

But this year they are building new middle schools and this will be no more.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:49 PM   #34
turtlelover
Elven Warrior

that's good because i am still way confused! I am sure it isn't as confusing as it seems to me but sometimes i am kinda thick!!

Old 05-12-2003, 05:50 PM   #35
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

I plan on sleepin thru highschool.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:25 PM   #36
Ornelírë Mistë
Elven Warrior

no anxieties. just pissed that so many courses are closed to my grade level. have some friends already there... oh and tech, oh my. clubs, yesh. you see, im the odd individual who loves planning things, even though i know i may not use these plans. i'm obsessed with what i can do for my transcript. so i am going to try many clubs as long as i get good grades. i will do sailing. oh, pissed about block scheduling. i play viola, i cant wait to see if i'm better than some people there. i know i'm better than a few.
but most importantly, no more stinking middle 'school'.

"Most people never been to Hell," Jacob said.

She looked at him and he could hear the smile in her voice. "And I suppose you have?"
Ornelírë Mistë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 11:13 AM   #37
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I got high school on the mind only because I am about to graduate in another week. People in my school rocked.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 06:45 AM   #38
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

The end of 8th grade seems like so long ago to me now, having just finished my freshman year of college. But anyhow... Being so old and therefore supposedly wise and sage-like (yeah, yeah, we all know I'm not really ) I ought to give advice. So here it is:
Have fun and enjoy your youth while it lasts, but if you want to go far in life, it might be a good idea not to sleep through high school. But whatever you do, don't stress too much about it.

My brother's in this situation now--end of 8th grade, and going to the big high school nearby. I can't really give him much in the way of advice, because he's going to a different school which is much bigger and an entirely different atmosphere. My school was tiny (64 people in my graduating class!) whereas his will be pretty big. But I think he'll be alright. I hope. Maybe he'll show up on the 'moot some time to comiserate with y'all 'bout the anxiety that comes with the beginning of high school.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 08:00 AM   #39
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

Well in our town, you go straight from Elementary to highs school

Do you have any personality disorders, click here and see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://public.findlaw.com/states_new.html

Find your rights as a student!
gimli-son-of-gloin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 07:16 PM   #40
turtlelover
Elven Warrior

Only 15 more days of eigth grade for me !!!!!!!!!! what about all you other 8 grade goers???