Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-10-2003, 12:17 AM   #21
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Thats a shame, theres alot of talented bands over there.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 12:32 AM   #22
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

well ill find a way to hear some of it
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 01:36 AM   #23
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
they are canadian (canada pride ) and i like their country/rock sound. but theory of a deadman is just a copy of them

thats because they wrote most of their songs, or at least Chad did.

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 05:40 AM   #24
Millane
The Dude

i must say i agree with the people that say that Marilyn Manson is the only real artist today... mind you RatM are awesome aswell, and i dont mind a bit of NIN every now and again....
Quote:
.... to keep my music list up to date:
The White Stripes
Linkin Park
Marilyn Manson
WOW Lalaith i never knew you were so cool...
apart from Marilyn Manson i like Bob Marley, David Bowie and Cold Chisel (well there what i mainly listen to these says)
Old 07-10-2003, 06:49 AM   #25
Baby-K
Corruptor

Hmmm, I can't say I have specific favourites, my cd collection ranges from Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart, Gregorian Chant, Era, Enya to Babes in Toyland, Marilyn Manson, Levellers, Ramones, Whitestripes, Oasis, Sinead O' Connor, Queen and even Sugababes, I freely admit to having an ABBA cd (hey, it was a phase), Tracy Chapman, Linkin Park, POD, Papa Roach, NIN, K's Choice, Cheryl Crow, Charlatans, Blur, Placebo, Joni Mitchel, Cat Stevens, Neil Young, Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Rodriguez, The Who, The Cure, Cult, Metallica, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, PJ Harvey and of course the rap stuff - Eminem, 50 Cent, Wyclef Jean, Snoop Dogg and then the dance/rave stuff - I love Hard House & Trance (like Hard House Anthems, Slippery & Wet, ESP, Gatecrasher, the Mother collections, ICE, TranceHouse, etc), acid jazz & world music to 'chill' (like Ibizarre, St Germain, the Buddha Bar collections etc etc) and some stuff like Matchbox20, John Mayer, a bunch of soundtracks (including some Disney ones) and a variety of local stuff like Tweak, Wonderboom, Springbok Nude Girls, Mean Mr Mustard, Battery 9 (some good ol' indy sh*t), Watershed and the Afrikaans guys like Koos Kombuis, Koos du Plessis, Laurika Rauch, Anton Goosen etc etc.

I can't post all the names etc - clearly, but as you can see I have a very eclectic taste. But if it comes down to it my faves of all time is Counting Crows, Led Zep, Pink Floyd (The Wall's the best), Garbage and Levellers (also really love Pearl Jam) and Nix says everytime she hears Alisha's Attic she thinks of me 'cos I went into complete overkill at varsity with it ) and Googoo Dolls and I'm a sucker for 80's disco (well some of it)

Last edited by Baby-K : 07-10-2003 at 07:49 AM.
Baby-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 06:53 AM   #26
Millane
The Dude

50 cent Marilyn Manson
Old 07-10-2003, 06:57 AM   #27
Baby-K
Corruptor

Yeah well, it was a moment of weakness (never shop when yer 'recovering') - I like some rap & had a bit of hope for the oke, but turns out his stuff aint all it's cracked up to be...............but I reckon when it comes down to it 50Cent will kick Manson's lily white ass
Old 07-10-2003, 07:06 AM   #28
Millane
The Dude

well i was reading the paper on the weekend and i came upon a Gene Simmons interview were he basically said all recent music is **** and when he was growing up there was music that you would turn your head and listen to, the interviewer asked whether any recent musician had turned his head and of course MARILYN MANSON
how could a this 50 cent wanker kick MM arse, theres enough people trying to kill him as it is... whats that, 50 cents taken 14 bullets... hmmm i dont think MM has ever been on the recieving end of an attempted murder...
50 cent what a disgrace
David Bowie would kill the majority of your list not to mention Bob
Old 07-10-2003, 07:11 AM   #29
Baby-K
Corruptor

*contemplates whether or not to keep taunting Millane*

Nah...............I don't care about either really, but Manson does have more credit. Me fave Manson is Shirley though

Don't like Bowie much, but I do have Bob
Old 07-10-2003, 07:26 AM   #30
Millane
The Dude

*contemplates whether Baby-K has anything to taunt me with*
Quote:
Nah...............I don't care about either really, but Manson does have more credit. Me fave Manson is Shirley though
well you should care (about MM only though), what MM music do you have?
Quote:
Don't like Bowie much, but I do have Bob
and do you like Ben Harper. me and some friends decided last night were making anti-ben harper t shirts, packed with insults and we're gunna stalk him next time he's in town ahh well good you like bob i guess, but David Bowie is a champ
Old 07-10-2003, 07:43 AM   #31
Baby-K
Corruptor

*decides not to taunt Millane, but I could if I wanted to & he knows it*

Quote:
well you should care (about MM only though), what MM music do you have?
Portrait Of An American Family
Mechanical Animals
Antichrist Superstar
Golden Age of Grotesque (but I'm gonna give it away)

As I've said - not the biggest fan, so I couldn't be bothered to buy any others

Quote:
and do you like Ben Harper. me and some friends decided last night were making anti-ben harper t shirts, packed with insults and we're gunna stalk him next time he's in town ahh well good you like bob i guess, but David Bowie is a champ
I must be going blank / blonde or blind - who's Ben Harper? (the folk singer?)
Old 07-10-2003, 08:00 AM   #32
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
*decides not to taunt Millane, but I could if I wanted to & he knows it*
dont worry im not gunna give you any reasons to taunt me, ohhh the horror
Quote:
Portrait Of An American Family
Mechanical Animals
Antichrist Superstar
Golden Age of Grotesque (but I'm gonna give it away)

As I've said - not the biggest fan, so I couldn't be bothered to buy any others
WHAT?!?!?!?!!?!?! GIVE AWAY GOLDEN AGE you fool Smells like Children is his worst (craig david only musician influenced by Willy Wonka my arse ) you should have got Holywood instead of Portrait, its like Mechanical Animals wasnt awesome...
Quote:
I must be going blank / blonde or blind - who's Ben Harper? (the folk singer?)
hahahahaha thats almost the best answer you could have given me. Ben Harpers just this wannabe rasta who tried to do the whole Marley thing again, but your ignorance has proved his failure... he had the nerve to play One Love at his Melb concert all Ben Harper fans claim to be into the bOBSCENE (very witty of me ) and yet none object to that ****head destroying One Love
youve just angered me greatly
Old 07-10-2003, 09:41 AM   #33
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
dont worry im not gunna give you any reasons to taunt me, ohhh the horror
*packs away whips & chains*

But you know I could if I wanted too - I don't need rhyme, reason or excuse

Quote:
WHAT?!?!?!?!!?!?! GIVE AWAY GOLDEN AGE you fool Smells like Children is his worst (craig david only musician influenced by Willy Wonka my arse ) you should have got Holywood instead of Portrait, its like Mechanical Animals wasnt awesome
I had Smells Like Children - it was horrid, dunno wot the f*ck he was trying to do there Me friend has Holy Wood, so if I really wanna listen to it I can - don't want to though *shrug* I haven't listened to any of it in a while, only listened to Golden Age once or twice - not my thing anymore

Quote:
Ben Harper fans claim to be into the bOBSCENE (very witty of me ) and yet none object to that ****head destroying One Love
No-one would be able to do it like Bob - it's like that freaky little creature Avril Lavigne doing Metallica covers

bOBSCENE

(hehe - radio's playing Buffalo Soldier right now )

Quote:
youve just angered me greatly
Ah, my job is done.................*sits back, slips slippers on & lights pipe*
Old 07-10-2003, 01:01 PM   #34
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
No-one would be able to do it like Bob - it's like that freaky little creature Avril Lavigne doing Metallica covers

I don't follow mainstream music but I just lost all respect for Avril. Not that I had much for her to begin with.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:53 AM   #35
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
I had Smells Like Children - it was horrid, dunno wot the f*ck he was trying to do there Me friend has Holy Wood, so if I really wanna listen to it I can - don't want to though *shrug* I haven't listened to any of it in a while, only listened to Golden Age once or twice - not my thing anymore
yeah im not a big fan of Smells like Children... Mechanical Animals and Holywood are probably his best, i havent listened to Golden Age as much as them so i cant rate it against them and i usually only listen to the Beautiful People and Reflecting God on Antichrist... The Last Tour on Earth is definately his greatest cd ever
Quote:
no not even Avril can do the great injustice Ben Harper has done. All these Ben Harper fans all say they are rastas when they dont know it is a religion let alone Jah... and they think Bob doesnt compare with Ben Harper
Ohhhh Buffallo Soldier is awesome
Old 07-11-2003, 01:53 AM   #36
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
I don't follow mainstream music but I just lost all respect for Avril. Not that I had much for her to begin with
Yeah, she did a cover of Fuel, stupid chick also did covers of Knocking on Heaven's Door (totally raped the song) as well as SOAD's Chop Suey..........someone needs to save us from this little monster!

Quote:
All these Ben Harper fans all say they are rastas when they dont know it is a religion let alone Jah... and they think Bob doesnt compare with Ben Harper
I asked my friend last night if he'd ever heard of this Haper man, also couldn't tell me who in hell the guys is supposed to be. Oh well, if he's that bad I wouldn't bother trying to find out anymore.

Many people thing Rastafari is all about smoking weed, wearing dreads & doing nothing more. It's a very misunderstood religion & way of life.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:17 PM   #37
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Yeah, she did a cover of Fuel, stupid chick also did covers of Knocking on Heaven's Door (totally raped the song) as well as SOAD's Chop Suey..........someone needs to save us from this little monster!

I saw the Knocking on Heavens door video, and i was like, wtf is this, someones got to stop her. If she ruins one more good song, say good bye to Onterrible

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 01:38 PM   #38
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
as well as SOAD's Chop Suey..........someone needs to save us from this little monster!

that b**** i got to hear this!!!

EDIT: i just heard it and that B****. she sounds like a dying rat, and why is there no bass and drums.she can only sing the slow parts and they suck too. stupid b****. she mixed up the beginning too!
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.

Last edited by gimli7410 : 07-11-2003 at 01:43 PM.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 11:32 PM   #39
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
I downloaded her cover of Chop Suey and all I could do was laugh. I'd have to say say that is there worst cover song I have ever heard. She didn't butcher that song that was just pure massacre.

edit: The cover of Knocking on Heaven's Door was utter crap as well.

Last edited by Ragnarok : 07-11-2003 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:08 AM   #40
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
that b**** i got to hear this!!!

EDIT: i just heard it and that B****. she sounds like a dying rat, and why is there no bass and drums.she can only sing the slow parts and they suck too. stupid b****. she mixed up the beginning too!
Aha! thats getting close to what i was like after i heard Ben Harper tried to pull off One Love at his concert ohhh i still abuse Ben Harper fans and i suggest you take a course of action that me and the Bob fans are gunna do, Make awesome tshirts with Bob (or SoaD in your case) and have all these anti Avril things on it, and then stalk her and i dont know what you do then (you can decide )
i remember a couple of my associates (not quite friends) tried to do some RatM songs at this gig, we rocked up with heaps of posters saying "WHAT DID RAGE EVER DO TO YOU" etc and then abused them while they tried to sing, it was classic