Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2003, 04:07 PM   #21
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
Any guy who likes LotR is good enough for me.
yes, yes.
stupid 90 second rule.
Old 03-23-2003, 04:08 PM   #22
soforlessinokayloo
Hobbit

I prefer dark dark short hair and it has to be spikey or somewhat anyway. I love eyes that are so dark a brown that you can almost look at them as if they were a mirror. I like adam's apples. I dunno why but I have a mad obsession with those. Smile always gets me of course. And I dunno why but the ridge where a persons eyebrow sits has to look a certain way for me to find them in that wow category. Overall though, I have to say I go for dorks. Not the bad kind. The good kind. The ones who are proud to be such and use it to their advantage. Looks are nothing if they aren't proud of whatever they may be. Intelligence is a must. Hmm gee I sound horribly picky. This is all wishful thinking however. If it were a real situation, I'd be lucky enough to find someone more insane than myself to want me hehehe.
soforlessinokayloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 04:11 PM   #23
soforlessinokayloo
Hobbit

I knew I forgot something. I am a tall girl. Guys gotta be taller than me. It's that superiority issue that for some reason people relate height to. I want a guy who is taller cause lemme tell you my personality in itself is intimidating due to my ability to speak up and stand out. I'd like them to at least have that on me.
soforlessinokayloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 05:35 PM   #24
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I always preffer them to be taller than me! or at least the same height. inteligent and sensitive

Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 07:09 PM   #25
Sween
im quite stupid

i love a nice slim waist ! But ive fancied some right munters in the past so go figure. For those that have seen my gf yes she is conventally beautiful but shes such a stunning person as well you do find the inner beauty of a lot of people and my lass radiates it
Old 03-23-2003, 08:57 PM   #26
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
There is a guy at work who fits my ideals for being physically attractive to a T. He is also pretty close personality wise as well. He's not afraid to just joke around with me. Also, he complimented me today, but kind of offhand and not overly...just...bleh. It was a compliment I could accept (which is rare, since I'm not good at doing that). And we agree on way too many things. It's really weird.

Now if only I wasn't too chicken to ask him to prom.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:40 PM   #27
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

Hmm...I like tall(er) guys with cute accents. I don't usually like blonde hair.
Old 03-23-2003, 11:29 PM   #28
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
Now if only I wasn't too chicken to ask him to prom.
Go for it. You only go around once. If he'll joke around with you, he's probably comfortable with you. I, on the other hand, still don't have a prom date.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 11:38 PM   #29
TinuvielChild
Padawan

For some weird reason, I notice eyebrows. Like Elijah Wood's eyebrows, they have this really cool double curve to them; they curve down on the outside and up on the inside. And like Sminty said, backs are really cool. I like muscular guys, but not bulging with muscles - I hate bodybuilders. Just guys that are strong and you can tell. Eyes - I like most eyes. As long as they're not small and beady. Definitely long hair - I've never fallen for a guy whose hair was normal length. Between the chin and the shoulder is a really good length for guys, as long as their hair isn't really disgusting.

My old standards for a guy were that he had to love LotR, had to be reasonably intelligent, and had to be extremely romantic and sensitive. And it was a major plus if he had fashion sense and could cook, but you only really get those last two in gay guys. My standards these days are that he has to be able to carry on an intelligent conversation, keep me amused, and not be totally naive. I mean, c'mon, who wants to date someone who has no idea what a hickey is? Oh, and of course he has to love LotR!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 01:19 AM   #30
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Well, I've finally gotten around to posting here. Here goes:

My Ideal Spouse:
Physical: I love long, straight hair, especially black or blonde, though I really love white or silver hair, if it's nice and full. Oriental features are quite nice, and they go well with the black hair. As for eyes, I like them in either a light (but not pale) blue, a nice, deep blue, or emerald green. For skin, smooth and fair of hue. Nice, long legs would be a good thing, too. And um, I guess medium-smallish bust. Also, high cheekbones, smooth facial lines, and a (relatively) thin face are good. As for height...it doesn't really matter, though I suppose petite would be nice

Other: Of course, being strongly Christian, I want a wife of life-mind religiously. The second most important thing is a dedicated follower of Tolkien, followed closely by nice and intellectual. I'd love it if she was fond of epic fantasy in general. Also, it would be great if she would be a good, constructive critic for my works. Someone with a taste for classical or Gregorian Chant as far as music is concerned would be great. Or at least a "softer" type of music. It would be awesome if she also wrote fantasy. Um...well, I guess that's about all I can think of right now. If I think of more, I suppose I'll post it.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 01:20 AM   #31
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

For me it is eyes. They tell a lot about a person...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 02:18 AM   #32
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Missing posts...

Star Polish (part of repost above missing)...
Quote:
I would love to meet someone who radiates an aura of attractive...ness.

Being taller than me isn't a must, but it isn't likely that I'd date a guy shorter than me. There aren't many around.

There is a guy at my work that fits the whole physically attractive thing, and he's also really cool. He gave me the nickname HOBBIT, for goodness sake. If I were the swooning type, I might. Bah...wish I could work up the courage to ask him to prom.
Coney...
Quote:
Hmmm....so basically the ladies are looking for a tall, dark long/spikey haired, nice eyed, roman nosed, big eared fellow with brains

Oh, and he should be browsing a copy of LotR

I've only got little ears

I think I went through this in the womens thread but ...

Dark hair and blue eyes = *thud*

But above all it's personality....I've been with some asthetically beautiful women, then found that they had all the persoanility of a stunned herring ...this = *yawn*.

If I have a weird turn on its that I don't go for the more "conservative" type of lady........a few discreet tatoo's and/or piercings will certainly raise more than an eyebrow
GW...
Quote:
Oooooh...Hobbit.
GW...
Quote:
Quote:

Originally posted by Coney
But above all it's personality....I've been with some asthetically beautiful women, then found that they had all the persoanility of a stunned herring ...this = *yawn*.
LOL! Actually, I've known some cats like that...
IR...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
a few discreet tatoo's and/or piercings will certainly raise more than an eyebrow
amen there brother. hey maybe you ladies should think about getting a Tolkien related tattoo somewhere like maybe little map of middle earth on the small of your back or something. now that would be awsome.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 02:19 AM   #33
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

GW...
Quote:
Leave some for us more conservative guys!
Coney...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
amen there brother. hey maybe you ladies should think about getting a Tolkien related tattoo somewhere like maybe little map of middle earth on the small of your back or something. now that would be awsome.
Good idea.....maybe a little tatoo of an arrow pointing downwards labelled "The road goes ever on and on" would be apropriate as well
IR...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Leave some for us more conservative guys!
oh come on now Gwaimir. Dont tell me that if a fair skinned sharp eared beauty with a TOLKIEN PURIST TO THE BONE tattoo subtly placed somewhere on her wouldnt give you a little rush of excitment now?
GW...
Quote:
Well, that kinda tatoo might be nice...

But forget the sharp ears.
GW...
Quote:
Or maybe, "DEATH TO JACKSON" or "DOWN WITH ORLI" or "MOTHER"....where did that come from?
Coney...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Or maybe, "DEATH TO JACKSON" or "DOWN WITH ORLI" or "MOTHER"....where did that come from?
o_O I don't think seeing the word "MOTHER" would do much for my libido

The best one I ever saw was a girl who had dyed her *ahem* hair green and had "DON'T WALK ON THE GRASS!" tatoo'd on her lower stomach

Pure class........I never got to see it up close though (she was the tatooist's wife).

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 03:26 AM   #34
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

first things noticed? The smile. it needs to show itself often.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 03:47 AM   #35
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
first things noticed? The smile. it needs to show itself often.
First things noticed? The physical beauty in a girl. The personality in a guy. I'm hopeless . Although perhaps not completely hopeless, I do find the personality much more important than the appearance- I'm just telling what I notice first.

Ah yes, though it's in no way necessary, I do like almost all accents. I don't like them when they make it impossible to understand the person, but if they still speak clearly I really do like people's having different accents. I have liked all accents I've heard except American, or Texan, you know, the south of North America.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 03:55 AM   #36
Baby-K
Corruptor

Does anyone know why so many posts are going missing? *perhaps we should put them on milk cartons*

Anyway - weird turn on(s)...............I guess guys who look sorta rough, ye know the type that you definitely would not want to yer mother to know the whole truth about Like the Mark McGrath types....in a jacuzzi (hot tub).......with champagne.............and smarties...............and whipped cream.....................and 5 hours 'til sunrise..................and nothing to do in the morning.......................

Oh and tattoos, the certainly turn my head (if they are original)
Old 03-24-2003, 04:07 AM   #37
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
Originally posted by Lief Erikson
I have liked all accents I've heard except American, or Texan, you know, the south of North America.
no, no, Texans are great. There ain't nothing like a Texas gentleman. I like to have doors opened for me. The only accent that doesn't grab me is Canadian.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 06:01 AM   #38
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Ah yes, though it's in no way necessary, I do like almost all accents.
I like the British accents - most of them anyway unless the guy is so drunk not even his mother could understand him. I must say though that the SA accent does sound quite nice if you compare it to some other countries (but not if it's an Afrikaans guy who can hardly speak a word of English trying to impress you - although I do applaud their "trying" when they are speaking to foreigners / English people etc). I'm not fond of the American accents (mostly because I get irritated with the way some guys draw out their vowels & drop the consonants from the last word in a sentence or a syllable)

An Irish / Scottish accent will definitely send shivers up my spine
Old 03-24-2003, 06:20 AM   #39
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Superficially I like a guy who's tall, dark and handsome- the normal guys I go for! But underneath that I like them to be romantic, poetical and very free and bohemian. In the end I don't think I'd mind if they were cute or not- I just need a guy who's not adverse to reciting Shakespeare to me while we're watching the stars on a high, ornate balcony- yes I'm a hopeless romantic! I also like guys with foreign accents. French is beautiful but I also like people with South Eire accents- reminds me of home! Mx
Old 03-24-2003, 08:10 AM   #40
Sween
im quite stupid

Welly my lass fell ion love with me when she saw my..........well i think some of you know how we met ne way. Ne way thats not the point. I also tend to go for taller women (im 6'3") just because it makes it easier. 5'9 is about the righ height for my women which is good cos its the height of my gf !

Apprentally i have beautiful eyes (been said by many) im not exctally all tonned and buff but i really do think that doesnt matter to a lot of women! Vita allways says she likes a man whith a bit of an ass