Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2003, 09:14 PM   #21
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
We all know somewhere down the line harrys gonna saves Dracos ass!

He reminds me of every little school bully ive ever met in my life which is in many way why these books are good she does mnage to capture people we know and white them in as characters.
Ya know I totally agree wit you but I wish I knew more about the 5th book...........................................

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:03 AM   #22
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Mmmm... Draco...*shakes self* What? Sorry? Oh. Draco. Mmmm... He's so - sleek. Well, i don't know if that's the right word, but it fits sometimes.
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 12:35 PM   #23
sun-star
Lady of Letters

I don't get why people like Draco so much. He's just a mean little bully.

Also - right now he's just a kid! It's scary when adults (or nearly-adults) start fantasising about him!
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 04:48 PM   #24
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
I'm not an adult, he should be about the same age this book His allure is the fact that he is very cute and the fact that you know there HAS to be somethinng deeper to him because all he does currently is parrot everything that the Deatheaters do, just like the perfect son to his father. The thing is nobody is really sure he knows exactly what hes chosing right now--so everyone is desperately waiting for Harry to come save the hot kid that has yet to show himsef to be anything but annoying.

edit: Plus its probably the same reason some people like snape, they like sharp wit.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”

Last edited by TwirlingString : 03-25-2003 at 04:49 PM.
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 06:29 AM   #25
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

I think TwirlingString said it ... I love his sarcasm, but if he really were outright evil I don't think I'd be able to stomach it. When Voldemort makes jokes I don't laugh, but Draco's just so ... ironic and fascinating and ambiguous and sexy!

Of course everyone likes the good guys and the nice characters and such, and I like Ron and Hermione and Harry too, but whenever Draco comes on the scene the book just becomes to much more interesting. He has pique.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 10:54 AM   #26
Daughter of Elros

Quote:
I don't get why people like Draco so much. He's just a mean little bully.
Sure! that's what gives him his ex appeal- he's a challenge- Like my current obsession...

Quote:
Also - right now he's just a kid! It's scary when adults (or nearly-adults) start fantasising about him!
Well, actually, JKR's a little behind- he'd be something like almost 26 now or what have you.
So fantasize away, ladies!

-DoE
Daughter of Elros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 05:14 PM   #27
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Plus he looks good in leather
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 03-28-2003, 10:46 AM   #28
Daughter of Elros

that too- and carrying a gun (Snitch potterverse)

-DoE
Daughter of Elros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 11:07 PM   #29
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Mmm - Gotta love the Million Dollars T-shirt.

Eh, Draco - the great thing about him is that he's an "empty" character - at least so far. We know practically nothing about his motives, or how he really feels about his father, only that he parrots Lucius's every word and action, and that he doesn't like Harry.

Oy. Why is it that I always accidentally type "Luscious" instead of "Lucius"?

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 11:11 PM   #30
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

I don't want to know.
In reference to your Location:
Old 03-28-2003, 11:24 PM   #31
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Yeah, it's cool, isn't it?

The first part of the post is referring to the fanfic Snitch!, by Al, posted on Schnoogle; the second part is an observation I've made after reading far too many fics; and the third part is a frequent Freudian slip I make while typing.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 03-29-2003, 02:18 PM   #32
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

TC - Did you ever see the Snitch! picture of Draco in the $1,000,000 T-shirt? It was cool.

Reasons to love Draco:

He is a snarky git
He is pretty
He has a cool name
He has a lot of money
He ships well with anyone ('Cept maybe something squicky like..Hagrid...eww...blind...)
He looks good in black
He looks good in anything
He looks better in nothing
He has mystique

Basically, everyone loves him because he hasn't been properly defined in the books. He has charisma, but not depth of character. People like that because as fic author it means you can do something with it. Personally, I am a fan of Tormented!Draco and Evil!Draco. And any Harry/Draco. (H/D forever!) In the books I think he won't have a huge part. He is there as Harry's day to day antagonism. Voldie is the true antagonist, but Draco is there for petty fights and such. But he has wit. I love a witty guy.

JKR has already said she won't be redeeming him. So, well, she may be lying. But, I dunno. I think he'll just end up in his father's shadow. Or when Voldie falls, Lucius dies, Draco inherits the estate. He becomes respectable. Still, we can hope for Evil!Draco.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 03:54 PM   #33
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I don't like Malfoy. I liked when Hermioni slapped him.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 04:31 PM   #34
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

I don't like Draco Malfoy, but I will admit he's got a slick, sexy vibe (like Seto Kaiba) He's not really evil. More of an anti-hero, really, like Seto Kaiba. In fact, he's a lot like Seto Kaiba when you think about it.
Old 03-29-2003, 05:48 PM   #35
TinuvielChild
Padawan

EXK: Like I said. You gotta love that shirt... I love Snitch!Draco. Al is such a good author...Mrow.

Draco is the Slytherin Sex God in Training. Snape is the Slytherin Sex God (well, only on karaoke night).

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 03-29-2003, 06:47 PM   #36
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by durin's bane
I don't like Draco Malfoy, but I will admit he's got a slick, sexy vibe (like Seto Kaiba) He's not really evil. More of an anti-hero, really, like Seto Kaiba. In fact, he's a lot like Seto Kaiba when you think about it.
Exactly hes is evil in a taking over the world way just annoying in a there purely for competition way

Old 03-29-2003, 08:25 PM   #37
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown
I don't like Malfoy. I liked when Hermioni slapped him.
HEAR,HEAR! Draco Malfoy, the Amazing Bouncing Ferret! This is turning into a fangirl thread. I hear a the Padlock coming, I'm afraid.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:28 AM   #38
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

Not really. There's nobody going "OOOOOOH! DRACO IS SOOOOO HOT I WANT 2 MARRY HIM!!!!!"

Well, now there was, but I don't actually think that.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:03 PM   #39
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Thn maybe we should get back on topic? What WAS the topic...

Old 03-30-2003, 02:38 PM   #40
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Actually, we've been on topic the entire time. This thread is to discuss how delectable Draco Malfoy is, and that's what we've been doing. Therefore we don't need to get back ontopic, as we were never off-topic!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!