Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-15-2003, 09:28 PM   #21
Draken
Elf Lord

Coney - only ever had Magnet once, a couple of years ago in a pub in York (down by the Ouse, between the museum gardens and the city wall, forget its name). Nice pint. btw it's brewed by John Smiths, not Tetleys.

....or am I?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 09:31 PM   #22
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Draken
Coney - only ever had Magnet once, a couple of years ago in a pub in York (down by the Ouse, between the museum gardens and the city wall, forget its name). Nice pint. btw it's brewed by John Smiths, not Tetleys.
It was?........yeah, it was!

Musta been a good pint, memory loss is always a good sign

Quote:
I dont know about you all but Im getting thirsty just reading this thread.
*nods*

I think I've only got brandy, white wine and the xmas gin left in the cabinet as well, don't fancy any of those much

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 03-15-2003 at 09:35 PM.
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 10:24 PM   #23
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Well before I went on a permanant wagon ride *hope I won't fall off* I couldn't stand alot of beers. I could stomach Samuel Adams and Heineken.

But, overall alchol, when I was partying hard, I was a yaggermeister girl. I could *unfortunately* out-drink my brother in those shots.

*gerck* I am so incredubley ashamed of my party days, musta killed more than half of my brain cells.

[Note: Odd choices, but for some reason- none of these *that I didn't drink in GREAT excess* made me puke]

Last edited by wahine : 03-15-2003 at 10:30 PM.
wahine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 10:44 PM   #24
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by wahine
[Note: Odd choices, but for some reason- none of these *that I didn't drink in GREAT excess* made me puke]
Sometimes yer just better off letting it out. Alcohol is a toxin after all.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 10:54 PM   #25
wahine

Yeah, give me a bud and I'll be talking to seals by the time half is done- Toxic filth
Old 03-16-2003, 10:46 AM   #26
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

Mmmm Jagermeister is tasty, you can drink it like water.

Someone knows the owner of Sleeman's?

Who wants to hook me up I like honeybrown.

And as for the other-let's just say it leaves my head far clearer then beer ever does.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:45 AM   #27
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Someone knows the owner of Sleeman's?
yea man but me and my friend are only in grade 9 but we know it doesnt stop us from drinking every now and then
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 03:57 PM   #28
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

Oh I mean ship me some beer at discount. I promise-my friends will be happy
Old 03-16-2003, 05:21 PM   #29
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I'm enjoying my favorite brew, Hornsby's Draft Cider. I try to have one everyday, around dinnertime, as I prepare the big meal. If I have a taste for beer instead, I like Miller High Life, or Miller Genuine draft. Wine with dinner? perhaps, especially if it's Italian (food, not wine!)

My signature is what I say after my dinnertime cider, or morning coffee!

Last edited by Lizra : 03-16-2003 at 05:22 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 09:02 AM   #30
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
The only Southern Comfort we have here is this weird blended whisky drink that tastes like perfume.
So I'm not the only one who thinks that

I don't really like beer, but if it's all ye got I'd have any of the following (in no specific order):

Castle
Black Label
Heineken
Amstel

Usually I stick to these though:

Wine
Tequila
Vodka (hmmmmmmmmmm Vodka)
Rum (Dark = Captain Morgan Light = Bacardi) & coke
Champagne / Sparkling Wines
Jack Daniel's
Johnny Walker
Jim Beam

I cannot stomach Archers or Sambuca (yuk) but I don't mind brandy (as long as it's a good brand)

Oh and my favourite shooters:

Polar Bears
BJ's
Suitcases (only time I'd touch Southern Comfort)
Stroh
And that SA poison - Witblits (Mampoer)

Hell, just give me a cocktail (Fishbowl please, or a Tequila Sunrise, Margharita, Long Island Ice Tea)

.............thirsty now...................damned kidneys...............

Last edited by Baby-K : 03-17-2003 at 09:04 AM.
Baby-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 07:44 PM   #31
wahine

Jack Daniels- The Drunk American's drink.

I like mixed drink to though, like Long Island Iced-Tea. If I drink to many though...I get crazier than I already am, and that's saying something.

Purple nipples are good.

Jello shots.

Fun stuff.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:29 PM   #32
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I was at one time a big fan of Tequila, however that came to a grinding halt one spring night when I decided to pound shots with a couple friends at a party, low and behold 11 shots and 40 minutes later, I wasn't liking life that much
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 05:48 PM   #33
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Quote:
Newcastle Brown Ale. (The only beer I have ever heard of that has it's own ward in Newcastle General Hospital, The stuff is damned addictive but it really messes up the ol' braincells, which is a shame because it's delicious. A strong beer which unless used carefully causes violent tendancies when drunk. I only drink this when I am on a 'suicide run'. Strangly, it has mild hangover effects).
I love Newcastle Brown, and I was a bit suprised to find it on tap at Big Time Pizza. Always found it in bottles.
I personally like Red Hook ESB!
Old 03-24-2003, 06:30 AM   #34
Baby-K
Corruptor

I think this is an appropriate place to state this dire warning (to all the guys who are in the habit of drinking beer)

Police are warning all men who frequent clubs, partygoers and unsuspecting pub regulars to be alert and stay cautious when offered a drink from any woman.

A date rape drug on the market called "beer" is used by many femalles to target unsuspecting men. The drug is generally found in liquid form and is now available almost anywhere. It comes in bottles, cans, from taps and in large "kegs."

"Beer" is used by female sexual predators at parties and bars to
persuade their male victims to go home and have sex with them.
Typically, a woman needs only to persuade a guy to consume a few units of "beer" and then simply ask him home for no strings attached sex. Men are rendered helpless against this approach.

After several "beers" men will often succumb to desires to perform sexual acts on horrific looking women to whom they would never normally be attracted. After drinking "beer" men often awaken with only hazy memories of exactly what happened to them the night before, often with just a vague feeling that something bad occurred.

At other times these unfortunate men are swindled out of their life's savings in a familiar scam known as "a relationship." It has been reported that in extreme cases, the female may even be shrewd enough to entrap the unsuspecting male into a longer-term form of servitude and punishment referred to as "marriage."

Apparently, men are much more susceptible to this scam after "beer" is administered and sex is offered by the predatory female.

Last edited by Baby-K : 03-24-2003 at 06:34 AM.
Baby-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 06:53 AM   #35
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
I think this is an appropriate place to state this dire warning (to all the guys who are in the habit of drinking beer)

Police are warning all men who frequent clubs, partygoers and unsuspecting pub regulars to be alert and stay cautious when offered a drink from any woman.

A date rape drug on the market called "beer" is used by many femalles to target unsuspecting men. The drug is generally found in liquid form and is now available almost anywhere. It comes in bottles, cans, from taps and in large "kegs."

"Beer" is used by female sexual predators at parties and bars to
persuade their male victims to go home and have sex with them.
Typically, a woman needs only to persuade a guy to consume a few units of "beer" and then simply ask him home for no strings attached sex. Men are rendered helpless against this approach.

After several "beers" men will often succumb to desires to perform sexual acts on horrific looking women to whom they would never normally be attracted. After drinking "beer" men often awaken with only hazy memories of exactly what happened to them the night before, often with just a vague feeling that something bad occurred.

At other times these unfortunate men are swindled out of their life's savings in a familiar scam known as "a relationship." It has been reported that in extreme cases, the female may even be shrewd enough to entrap the unsuspecting male into a longer-term form of servitude and punishment referred to as "marriage."

Apparently, men are much more susceptible to this scam after "beer" is administered and sex is offered by the predatory female.
Take heed lads.......this warning is very painfully true

Beatallica
Old 03-24-2003, 07:11 AM   #36
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Take heed lads.......this warning is very painfully true
All in the interest of public safety. I will never resort to such tactics

Ahem - Coney the very willing victim?
Old 03-24-2003, 07:30 AM   #37
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
All in the interest of public safety. I will never resort to such tactics

Ahem - Coney the very willing victim?
I seem to fall for it every weekend

What can I say.........my learning curve is more of a circle

Beatallica
Old 03-24-2003, 07:42 AM   #38
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
I seem to fall for it every weekend

What can I say.........my learning curve is more of a circle

Hope the landings are at least soft...

Well, even the 'hard' learners get there someday...........no one said it would be easy so I hope that ye have a patient teacher who is willing to show ye over & over again until ye have it right....
Old 03-24-2003, 07:48 AM   #39
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Hope the landings are at least soft...

Well, even the 'hard' learners get there someday...........no one said it would be easy so I hope that ye have a patient teacher who is willing to show ye over & over again until ye have it right....
*sigh* At the moment I'm self-tutored

Beatallica
Old 03-24-2003, 08:01 AM   #40
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
*sigh* At the moment I'm self-tutored
Nothing wrong with some home-schooling as long as ye go the professionals for exams Just to make sure yer on the same (if not better) standards as the rest