Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-25-2003, 03:28 PM   #21
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, I admit I'm a fangirl, but I HATE it when you all think that we are not ver intelligent and spam alot of the time.

I loved the books loads before the movie came out, and couldn't help the fact that Peter Jackson casted Orlando Bloom as Legolas.
To be throughfully honest I have been really offended by people who say they hate fangirls and they are decling the 'moot a bit.

Sween said he couldn't care less about the fangirl vews, which made me a bit upset, I have posted alot of my opinions here, and if you don't want to read them because you couldn't care less just because I really like Orlando Bloom there is not much point me posting them is there?
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 03:31 PM   #22
Finmandos12
Elven Warrior

Why did you have to revive my old topic?
Old 02-25-2003, 03:39 PM   #23
Anérith
Sapling

Blackboar wrote:

Quote:
Ok, I admit I'm a fangirl, but I HATE it when you all think that we are not ver intelligent and spam alot of the time.
It's not fangirls as a whole, its just some of them.

Personally I don't think that - everyone has a reason to like something, be it a book or a film or whatever. As usual it's the few who spoil it for the many - the worst I have seen is in the HP fandom - but it only becomes a problem when the person in question cannot see beyond the actor/film and that "reality" starts to replace the original world. Actually, it's worse in the Potterverse because there fanon has actually begun to blur with book canon!

Quote:
I loved the books loads before the movie came out,
Sadly, that is not true of many. There's no personal attack meant (not from me anyway). Like I said, the folks who are here because of a real interest will stick around but those who like nothing more than the face of the actor will fade.

~Anérith~
Anérith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 03:43 PM   #24
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Blackboar

Blackboar, my opinion is ANY one can be annoying. Not just fan girls. But if you had the guts to post in this wasps den of anti fangirlness with your opinion about the issue then you have my respect. Most true fangirls would never dream of it. or if they did it would be in a sadly clueless way showing they missed the whole point.

And I think most people missed my point with the mock silmarillion story. It wasnt against fangirls or anyone else. I was saying what others have since said that ANY way you come to Tolkien can be a good thing. Because then theres the chance you can really get into it and see the light if you will. The bottom line is no one should hold it against you if you lust after a movie star. if you are an avid reader and tolkien fan then it works in my book.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 04:33 PM   #25
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackboar

I loved the books loads before the movie came out, and couldn't help the fact that Peter Jackson casted Orlando Bloom as Legolas.
To be throughfully honest I have been really offended by people who say they hate fangirls and they are decling the 'moot a bit.

Sween said he couldn't care less about the fangirl vews, which made me a bit upset, I have posted alot of my opinions here, and if you don't want to read them because you couldn't care less just because I really like Orlando Bloom there is not much point me posting them is there?
BB if someone ignores your posts....so what? There are over 2000 members here.

I know that when I open the new topics list that there are certain members posts that I don't bother looking at......hell there are entire threads that I've never posted in, not for any malicious reasons, it's just that I know that I have no common ground with those members/subjects....I'm sure this works both ways.

There is a whole myriad of different posters here on the 'moot (thank god)....everyone from the scholarly posters who discuss in intricate detail the history of ME in the Sil, Home etc to the fangirls who can tell the life story and details of there favourite actor, right down to the number of pimples he/she has their bum this week.......

Could a fangirl give the full leaneage of the elves? Probably not.

Could a 'mooter who could give the full leaneage of the elves tell us the birthday/life story of their favourite actor? Probably not.

(ftr I don't know either)

It's not a matter of intelligence that some 'mooters have a problem with........it's a matter of the subject that is being discussed.

Someone saying "I love Orli" once is fine.....say it in the fangirl thread. Saying it every time someone visits the 'moot, on practically every thread.......waste of time for everyone (this is not aimed at you BB).

Fangirls seem to form into little groups (only natural, they have common ground) but some also seem to post in a group, I've seen quite a few thread splutter and die because two-four people decide to post together and go on to have an almost full-blown conversation, usually ignoring the thread topic alltogether.

The moral of this little speech?

Be a fangirl if you all want to.....scream your love for your favourtie actor, but pls, go it in the appropriate thread and if you want to "chat"...the pm system works a charm

*shrugs* still what do I know? I'm only here for the beer

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 04:41 PM   #26
Blackboar

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Whew, quite a speech there Coney!

I sure got most of it, thanks everyone. And sorry for my little speech, just a little rant,

Old 02-25-2003, 06:31 PM   #27
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackboar
Whew, quite a speech there Coney!

I sure got most of it, thanks everyone. And sorry for my little speech, just a little rant,

im sorry if i upset you of all the raveing fan girls you are probably the best.

I am attracted the to more complex personalities on the moot eg Jerseydevil, BoP and coney for a man that shares a lot of the same pholophsy as me (long live beer)!

i think that a lot of the problem i have found at the moment is im busy at the mo with work and the baby thats expected soon and when i check up a lots been said but nopthing of intrest by people that have no real spark about them
Old 02-25-2003, 07:29 PM   #28
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

(Adding onto what I said before)

This is one of the most wonderful message boards I've ever seen. If the entmoot is starting to diminish now, then I would have dearly loved to see what it looked like before.

And what you all said about the fangirls leaving in time; Youre (in all likely hood) not getting rid of me that quickely!

(this thread makes me feel depressed! )

Last edited by Lady of Rohan : 02-25-2003 at 10:05 PM.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 08:19 PM   #29
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Rohan
This is one of the most wonderful message boards I've ever seen. If the entmoot is starting to diminish now, then I would have dearly loved to see what it looked like before.
[/SIZE]
Yeah, I know what you mean. This is the nicest, most friendly message board ive ever been too, and *sheepishly* has acctually taught me alot of things I didnt know about Middle earth and lotr. Ahem, anywho.. there maybe has been more movie oriented people (not all of them bad) but this site has acctually has kept out alot of rubbish and like stated before, maybe the worst of the posters will go away eventually. Until then, just ignore them! (<--hopes shes not a bad poster! )
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 08:23 PM   #30
Smaug
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
I know that when I open the new topics list that there are certain members posts that I don't bother looking at......hell there are entire threads that I've never posted in, not for any malicious reasons, it's just that I know that I have no common ground with those members/subjects....I'm sure this works both ways.

There is a whole myriad of different posters here on the 'moot (thank god)....everyone from the scholarly posters who discuss in intricate detail the history of ME in the Sil, Home etc to the fangirls who can tell the life story and details of there favourite actor, right down to the number of pimples he/she has their bum this week.......
Being able to automatically filter messages like that makes it much easier (and much less stressful ) to keep up with messages on busy forums.

Last edited by Smaug : 02-25-2003 at 08:25 PM.
Smaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 08:46 PM   #31
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Blackboar: Chill. You're not what I consider a bad fangirl. You can actually post with out adding "I love Orli" at the end of every single sentence. You can post your opinions on threads that have nothing to do with cute actors. So you're ok in my mind.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 09:16 PM   #32
Legolaslvr!
Super Smilie Freak

Location: In the entmoot army, trying to get rid of black and blue!
Me 4rum LoR

The fat hobbit hobbit knows!
Legolaslvr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 09:47 PM   #33
Elf Girl
Lurker

Excuse me, Legolaslvr?

Legolaslvr, there are times when I wish your posts weren't as fangirl-ish and a little more grammatical, but LotR movies led you to read the books, and anyone who can be spurred to read after viewing is a valuable addition. *stops blithering... finally*
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 12:01 AM   #34
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Finmandos12, i revived it because it's a good topic.

it's not just the fangirls either. it's some of the people who have seen the movies and skimmed the books ,only really reading the parts where the movie came into play, and then telling us all off like their some sort of tolkien reincarnate.

there, that's my rant. (woo! go me! i kept it unusually clean!) muahaha.
oh, Insidious, that was awesome. i have to print that out and read it to the rest of my literature club kids.

Quote:
im sorry if i upset you of all the raveing fan girls you are probably the best.
er, hold on..

Quote:
I'm sorry if i upset you, of all the raving fan-girls you are probably the best.
there, a readable version!

Blackboar, i never even considered you a fangirl. yer the cool one!
Old 02-26-2003, 10:51 AM   #35
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Elenka
Blackboar: Chill. You're not what I consider a bad fangirl. You can actually post with out adding "I love Orli" at the end of every single sentence. You can post your opinions on threads that have nothing to do with cute actors. So you're ok in my mind.
not entierly true it is in her signature
Old 02-26-2003, 12:07 PM   #36
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

BB, the kind of fangirls I speak of are the ones who (as a whole) haven't read any of the books, and who think that the entire movie is centered aroud 'whu iz hott'. Nothing at all like you.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 12:13 PM   #37
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

You are a serious and dedicated Tolkien fan, from what I've seen. How many of the previous genre of fangirl know who the Noldor are? Or the Histories of Middle-earth.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 12:50 PM   #38
Blackboar

Sween:
Quote:
not entirely true, it's in her signature
It is?

Wow, I would quote everything you all said, but it would take about a whole page,

Anyway, thanks Gwaimir,Sween,Luthien,Elenka and the rest of you!
You even made me blush!
Old 02-26-2003, 01:28 PM   #39
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Hey, what do ya'll think of us book fangirls?

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 01:31 PM   #40
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Hey, what do ya'll think of us book fangirls?
oh very nice. Nowt like an experienced book learned woman