Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-20-2003, 12:50 PM   #21
Ruinel
Banned

Looking forward to...

I am also looking forward to watching Frodo becoming more and more like Gollum. The scene where Sam finds him naked and whipped, huddling wretched in a corner... then the addiction to the ring becomes more than he can bear and he can not give up the ring... and Gollum biting Frodo's finger off. It really made me sad for Frodo, all that he had gone through and how the ring had possessed him so that it changed him from the happy, carefree, beer drinkin', pub crawlin' Hobbit to this poor, pitiful, shell of a creature that he becomes in the end.

By Iluvitar, Arwen better not slay the Nazgul witch-king in the movie!!! Besides, she's not really the Nazgul-slaying type. She's more of the "I'll hang out at my dad's until all this stuff is over so I don't break a nail" type.

[Ok, tech-gwaith, how do you get the tag under your name to change. I am not a hobbit.]
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 01:32 PM   #22
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

I'm looking forward to:

The Paths of the Dead. I want the host of the Oathbreakers! If they leave that part out I'll be terribly disappointed.

The battle of the Pelennor fields. Aragorn with Andúril. Eowyn and the Witch-king.

Crowning of Aragorn.

Legolas hearing the gull's cry for the first time.

The Grey Havens.

I would also love to see Elladan, Elrohir and Halbarad, but I suppose they won't be there.

Edit:
Oh, and Ruinel, you're stuck with the title of Hobbit until you reach 50 posts. Then you'll become an Enting. Good advice: Read the FAQ.

Last edited by Artanis : 02-20-2003 at 01:35 PM.
Artanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 02:28 PM   #23
Ruinel
Banned

Arwen Undomiel

Quote:
From Artanis: I would also love to see Elladan, Elrohir and Halbarad, but I suppose they won't be there.
In the movie, Arwen seems to be an only child. Her brothers are not mentioned in the movie. It would be nice to see them riding into battle as in the story. I'm not sure that will happen, though. It is difficult to intro new characters into a sequel without spending time to "get to know them". Movie goers also do not get the connection of Arwen to Lorien and living with granny Galadriel and gramps Celeborn for a while. Which is why everyone must read the books!
Old 02-20-2003, 02:33 PM   #24
Ruinel
Banned

Arwen Undomiel Thanks Artanis.

I forgot to thank you, Artanis, for the infomation. I will keep posting.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:52 PM   #25
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

Yeah it would be great if it showed Arwen in Lorien and her brothers riding into battle! I hope they don't miss it out
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 06:07 PM   #26
Legolas_GreenLeaf
Elven Warrior

I doubt they will put Arwen's brother's in the third movie, since they weren't even mentioned in the first two movies...and i definately hope PJ doesn't make Arwen slay the Witch-king...that's Eowyn's part!! she already stole glorfindel's part in FOTR.
I'm also looking forward to the death of Saruman!

All fans of Elijah, Orlando, Sean, Billy, and Dom (no Viggo )should go here -----> http://www.bagendinn.com/castpics.htm
Legolas_GreenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 06:27 PM   #27
Ruinel
Banned

Arwen Undomiel Stealing a part, way low!

Legolas_GreenLeaf wrote: "she already stole glorfindel's part in FOTR"

That was just about the only thing in the movie that really ticked me. I was looking forward to seeing Glorfindel in the movie. And that part was given to Arwen, too bad. But I think, since she's in the background for most of the books, that the writers (of the movie) wanted to increase her part and make her more important.

Which brings me to another question: Glorfindel died in the Sil. He was fighting a Balrog at Cirith Thoronath and during the fight he and the Balrog fall off a cliff and he dies.

Perhaps, the new fella with the same name is a son. Sometimes boys are named after their dads. Or maybe someone else has his name.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:48 PM   #28
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Nope. When Eldar die, their spirits go the Halls of Mandos for a time, and then they are reborn. It's the same one.

However, the Legolas of Gondolin and the Legolas of Mirkwood are not the same. Legolas was a common name among Elves, I think. And also, if I remember correctly, the two had different meanings; one was derived from Laigolas "Greenleaf" and the other was Legolast "Keen-eyed".

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 06:52 PM   #29
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Well I can't believe I'm about to say this but I'm really looking forward to seeing Shelob. And I can't believe I said because spiders scare the crap out of me!!!! But I always loved Tolkeins portrayal of the gaint spider so I got kinda ticked when PJ left her out of the second movie.

I really want to see the part where Gollum falls off the cliff because in the book tolkien said something to the effect of; and he started to dance around shout its MINE my PRECIOUS! Then poof falls right off into Mount Doom and that scene always seemed very comical to me and I'd love to see it in the theater.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 07:06 PM   #30
Gwaimir Windgem

Comical...? Hmm, I never found that especially comical. Mai eez stra-ange.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 02-20-2003, 07:18 PM   #31
Ruinel
Banned

Fimbrethil, I saw that scence more like this: Gollum gets the ring and in a moment of excitement and exaltation at getting his ring, his precious, his love back he loses sight of all that is around him and where he is, and [whoa!!] falls into the firey pit.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:25 PM   #32
Ruinel
Banned

Gwaimir Windgem: good point. So they are one in the same: Glorfindel in the Sil is Glorfindel in LotR, returned from Mandos/ Halls of Awaiting. Thanks I often pondered that.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:21 AM   #33
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

The paths of the dead is not one of my favorite parts of the book (it's not bad, it's just that ROTK has SO MANY great moments) -- but I have a sneaking suspicion that Peter (Zombie-Maker) Jackson will make this a spectacular part of the film.
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 09:40 AM   #34
barrelrider110
Peer of the realm of Sanguine

Two in particular:
Shelob and the fight between Eowyn and the Witch King. Shelob because all the FX spiders I have seen are so bad they are laughable (in particular the TV adaption of Stephen King's "It"), and Weta has done a really bang-up job of all the evil creatures so far, so I'd like to see him pull this one off.

Of course, everyone's favorite will be the fight between Arwen and the captain of the wraiths, and mine too.

What I'd really like to see is a catfight between Arwen and Eowyn over Aragorn. Oops, sorry. barrelrider misbehaved. Bad barrelrider, bad! *smacks head against wall* Oops sorry, wrong movie. badbadbadbadbad!!

Fear Complacency!
Old 02-21-2003, 10:22 AM   #35
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait, I really can't wait!!

The shelob! All of it!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 11:57 AM   #36
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

I'm looking forward to Legolas and Gimli getting closer ... you know what I mean, sharing a bed, becoming homosexual .... *gg* just kidding. But I hope PJ will point out their good friendship more than in TTT.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:06 PM   #37
Gwaimir Windgem

Bad Lalaith!

Quote:
Originally posted by barrelrider110
Of course, everyone's favorite will be the fight between Arwen and the captain of the wraiths, and mine too.
I KNEW IT! I KNEW PJ WOULD DO THAT!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 02-21-2003, 12:18 PM   #38
Ruinel
Banned

Legolas is ...

what!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I can't say I've ever seen him with a female. But you can't make assumptions like that about Legolas. He's just not interested in "love" at this point in his life. His into adventure and exploring ME outside his dad's kingdom.

As for Gimli, I think any "coupling" with same sex Dwarves would be merely a mistaken identity.

Aragorn is totally uninterested in Eowyn. And Eowyn is really only interested in Aragorn for the glory. She really isn't in love with Aragorn, but she mistakes that attraction and respect for him for love. She hooks up with Faramir and they are a good match (opposites attract).
Old 02-21-2003, 03:20 PM   #39
Lord Manafirogh
Elven Warrior

shelob
the battle at minas tirith (feilds of pelennor)
mouth of sauron
Saruman VS Gandalf
the wutch king
There's so many wicked parts
Lord Manafirogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 03:22 PM   #40
Lord Manafirogh
Elven Warrior

witch*
Lord Manafirogh is offline   Reply With Quote