Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-01-2003, 07:15 PM   #21
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

I notice that s/he hasn't posted once since starting this thread... and was certainly active enough before that. Strange...
Old 02-01-2003, 07:22 PM   #22
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Maybe she listened to the bad things the voices in her head were telling her to do, and she did something bad and is on the run because of it...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 07:28 PM   #23
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

That's not even remotely funny! This person claims to believe this 'voice' is trying to kill them or get them to kill themself. Don't ever joke about that again.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:03 PM   #24
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

well... lets think logically. If I had started this thread as a hoax, and all these well meaning people had become so concerned for me and tried to help me so kindly, I would feel really really embaressed and ashamed... so maybe I wouldn't post for a while.

If I started thi sthread and it wasn't a haox, and I read all of these suggestions, I prolly would have acted on the 'GO TELL AN ADULT' one. If elvishfarie3088 did so, she prolly wouldn't have time to go on the internet because she was busy with other... er... more important things.

has anyone tried to PM her about it?

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 11:29 PM   #25
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Good point eowyngirl14.

So either way (if its just some lame joke or not) then she wont be here for awhile.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 01:23 AM   #26
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
You really should tell an adult and get help immediatly. If you leave it be, it will only get worse.
Praying might work for you, but i doubt that a g-d or w/e can stop it (thats just MY opinion people)
I will however, send you healing power in my next circle, and send you the rune eohl for protection, and strength

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 01:51 AM   #27
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

I'll pray for her whether it's a hoax or not. God knows, and if it's a hoax, there also could be something wrong in her life to make her trick us. Prayer is strong.

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 05:44 AM   #28
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
R*an:
Andúril, I don't think that question is appropriate here, if this is indeed not a hoax; do you?
I don't know. If I had to guess I would say that it is.
Quote:
More:
I'll be more than happy to talk about it in another forum or by PM if you would like;
I have moved it to your Offshoot thread, and await your reply.
Quote:
More:
you clearly have no idea what is going on in that section of the Bible, IMO.
Oh really? LOL!

Last edited by Andúril : 02-02-2003 at 05:52 AM.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 11:26 PM   #29
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

NO hoax, i was gone for the weekend at a friends, they dont' have internet access. that's y no reply. i'm still reading but i thought id clear this up now. k theres a lot of voices but only 1's evil. k there's lindsay she from like the 1940's? yes thats right.Lindsay is like strong voiced, love for life and that. Francine now shes from the 1800's quite polite and upright, quiet though and thoughtful. Then there's Suzy-Jane she came about a month ago shes only 15 she killed herself, cause of her boyfriend or something in her life she couldn't handle theres a whole story on her, she made me write it, i'll tell rest later if u want. These three voice are quite friendly and ask each other how they are and that, but suzy-jane tends to leave a lot she's looking for her bf who also killed himself after 3 days of her death. there's another good one but she hasn't spoken in a while her voice has fadded. and then there's the last one it's evil very evil. It wrote die, death, i will come i will hunt and i will kill you in the hour. (my question in what hour?!) i'm black as night,cold as death for i am death, i'll nip your ear and stall your heart, i'll turn you to dust and ashes, in the dark i will strike! Somebody brought something they shouldn't have.... you get the idea. yeah it's pretty damn evil. no i haven't told anyone else, and my parents wont' listen and so far i'm pretty sure everyone thinks i'm crazy even if they don't know about the voices. And i myself am only 14 thank you, sicne earlier one of u stated u were only 13. Well i'm going to read the rest.
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 11:56 PM   #30
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Wow. That's really scary. I'm sure you're not crazy...but maybe you have a psychological disorder of some sort that can be fixed with counseling or medication. I think most schools have a school psychologist...maybe yours does. Anyway, you need to tell an adult. A real, responsible person whom you trust. (If you know a doctor or someone, that would be good...they could probably set you up with someone who is trained to help.)

Like many, many others have said;pray, if you believe in prayer. Even if it doesn't make the voices go away,it could calm you down and help you focus on something not evil.

Relax. Take a deep breath and do something! Take a walk...go to a play...sing...anything that will put your mind on something outside your own head. Right now, you're torturing yourself by thinking you're crazy. You're not. And be confident...with help, prayers, and proper guidance, this too can pass.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 12:44 AM   #31
Ellison
Hobbit

Psychologist

Quote:
See a psychiatrist NOT a psychologist.
I think you should see a psychologist instead, psychiatrists prescribe all sorts of medicine that doesn't do you any good. I know :-P I was on Paxil for a year and it didn't work at all!
Quote:
Nothing gold can stay. -Robert Frost
Ellison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 01:05 AM   #32
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer
That's not even remotely funny! This person claims to believe this 'voice' is trying to kill them or get them to kill themself. Don't ever joke about that again.
Or what? Are you gonna come kick my butt, lol. First of all, I didn't even read the thread I just responded to your post, so calm down....
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen

Last edited by Dúnedain : 02-03-2003 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:10 AM   #33
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

I have an entire university's worth of computers and a high speed internet connection. Don't tempt me into hitting you with a DDOS Attack.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:58 AM   #34
Huan
Elven Warrior

Are you sure your parents won't listen?
Huan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:16 AM   #35
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Very creative. I look forward to your published works. Stephen King's got nothing on you.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:37 AM   #36
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

At this time I must point out that I have not posted at Entmoot as elvishfaerie3088, even though her posts in this thread bear a striking resemblance to my own while in "by Andúril" mode.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 07:20 AM   #37
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer
I have an entire university's worth of computers and a high speed internet connection. Don't tempt me into hitting you with a DDOS Attack.
Oh please no please no

--Linaewen
Old 02-03-2003, 09:38 AM   #38
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
i wonder what happened to her..maybe it was a hoax

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 11:57 AM   #39
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by elvishfaerie3088
Then there's Suzy-Jane she came about a month ago shes only 15 she killed herself, cause of her boyfriend or something in her life she couldn't handle theres a whole story on her, she made me write it, i'll tell rest later if u want
Yes, please do. This was a very interesting thread indeed (please don't missunderstand me, of course I think it is sad to hear that one of the voices is pure evil).
You say that your parents won't listen to you. That can't be. As your parents, it is their responsability to help you! You must talk to them and not take NO for an answer.
Quote:
See a psychiatrist NOT a psychologist.
I agree, a psychiatrist would be wiser to consult than a psychologist.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 02-03-2003 at 02:53 PM.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 12:14 PM   #40
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
No, she was just here on Feb 2, and she says that it wasn't a hoax.

Elvishfaerie: If your parents won't believe you, there is probably someone else you can go to who will.

Do you go to a public school? If you do, you should tell one of your teachers. I don't think it's even legal for them to simply dismiss a claim like that. (Not sure about Canada though -- I think that's where you said you're from)

If you go to a private school, what you should do depends on the type of private school. In most the teachers would at least look into it, but possibly not in all.

Of course, there's also the possibility that you're homeschooled. If this is true, your family is likely to be conservative Christians, and I can see why you might have a problem telling them. Sadly, some Christians do attribute things like hearing voices to a lack of faith.

But those who do that are WRONG! While prayer is part of the solution, it isn't the only part.

In any case, there's another option you can try, which no one has mentioned yet. There may be some sort of hotline for situations like yours, with responsible adults who will believe you, to help you.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote