Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-31-2003, 03:13 PM   #21
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Strider

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
Hopefully they don't do anything like that roll-in-the-grass one between Anakin and Padme.
I happen to have liked that movie, and that scene!

They better stick to the book on this one! Otherwise I will scream and walk out!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:57 PM   #22
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Good for you, eowyngirl14. It just doesn't work for me. Come to think of it, Anakin just doesn't work for me; especially the actor's attempt at mood swings.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Faramir/Eowyn scenes work out. I'm excited.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 09:21 PM   #23
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

I have no idea's about how they can change Faramir's personality but I really hope that they don't make it look as if Eowyn is settling for second best!
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 11:19 PM   #24
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I am betting that Faramir from this point out will reflect the way he was in the book and I gather the Eowyn/Faramir thang should flow in the same way as well, because there really isn't any other way they would be able to get together, plus it will also line up the whole Denethor pyre thing too, before the House of Healing anyway.

I am interested more with how Faramir is going to handle the whole fact that Eowyn wants Aragorn thing, cuz when I read that part in the book, I feel kinda bad for Faramir....
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 07:41 AM   #25
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
I have no idea's about how they can change Faramir's personality but I really hope that they don't make it look as if Eowyn is settling for second best!
I always had this feeling in the books. If I were Faramir I would always think that I'm the second choice.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:50 AM   #26
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

I know what you mean, but I think that he was very clear-sighted in the book, and saw through Eowyn's infatuation with Aragorn (the heroic outsider who was more noble than her own people). Being infatuated with the idea of a person rather than the reality: I think we've all been there before.

It was his intervention which made her realise what she really wanted. The film's Faramir isn't too far away from this; in the end, he rejected the Ring and saved the quest.

What I really want to see is their hair mingling in the wind when they snog on the rampart. (My favourite tonsil hockey scene from literature!)

cheers

d.
Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 07:54 AM   #27
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
What I really want to see is their hair mingling in the wind when they snog on the rampart. (My favourite tonsil hockey scene from literature!)
When I read this part I was so happy. It was the second time that I read the book and then I realized that this was the most romantic thing (obviously romantic, not so hidden hints everywhere like in the story of Aragorn and Arwen) I ever read in one of Tolkien's books. I mean I can't remember any other Tolkien book where he writes that two persons actually snog.