Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-17-2003, 08:52 PM   #21
Celandine
Elven Warrior

I just love roller coasters so much!!!! They are really fun

My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone

You can do it a trot, you can do it at a gallop, you can do it at a rate so your heart don't palpatate, just don't be late, do the PUYALLUP

and in the morning i'm makin' WAFFLES

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz. Because, because, because, because, BECAUSE of the wonderful things he does.

I am a banana.

All around the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel, the monkey thought it was all in fun, POP goes the weasel

Do you think Chelsey's smart?

Texaco, star of the American Road!

You can trust your car with the man who wears the star at the big bright texaco star!!

TEXACO FOREVER!!!

It's texaco.com http://www.texaco.com/texaco/
Celandine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 09:41 PM   #22
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
i love roller coasters! i hate vertical drops tho...like the free-mans fall

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 10:19 PM   #23
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Just this summer I got over my fear of roller-coasters. I'm fine now with pretty much all RC's.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 01:00 AM   #24
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

Roller Coasters scare me. I'm perfectly happy on the ground.
My sister's driving is dangerous enough.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:38 AM   #25
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
I love rollercoasters. Every year at our school we have a trip to Alton Towers. Its great fun. We rush about trying to go on every ride possible. I love Nemisis and Oblivion is OK aswell. Haven't been on Air yet. Tried last year but it kept braking down and the q's were ridiculous.

Been to Disney land florida. That was pathetic. However it was when i was 4. It mite have changed. I doubt it though.

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Hanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 11:01 AM   #26
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanza
Been to Disney land florida. That was pathetic. However it was when i was 4. It mite have changed. I doubt it though.
Walt Diseny World isn't really an amusement park - it's a resort. You don't go to WDW for roller coasters. it has four different parks, several water parks, and great restaurants and hotels.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 02-18-2003 at 11:04 AM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 11:45 AM   #27
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

I love rollercoasters! In canada I was terrified of the indoor ones they had, but when I came to ohio there was a six flags near by, now I cant get enough! I havent been on one in soo long though
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 07:00 PM   #28
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well if anyone gets a chance try the Millennium Force which opened as the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the universe. Nothing like being dropped 310 feet at 93 miles an hour to wake you up. Especially when yer in the front seat. I love roller coasters but I find I need even more now for that really intense adrenolin rush high. Like a car accident or sky diving maybe. With a roller coaster its fun but you know all along ok Im safe on this. Theres no danger. So theres no edge to it. no true fear factor. but I still love em. especially the open suspension ones and the ones that wip you around like a bug in a million loops.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 07:25 PM   #29
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
...but I still love em. especially the open suspension ones and the ones that wip you around like a bug in a million loops.
That's why I love Medusa. It might be high - but it feels like your flying in a jet fighter.

Here is a satelite image of Great Adventure You can zoom in and out - it's pretty cool. To the left (the golf course looking thing) is the Wild Safari.

Since the image was taken in 1995 it doesn't include a lot of the new rides - like Nitro or Medusa. It also doesn't include the huge water park they built either - Hurricane Harbor.

I love that Great Adventure is in the middle of the woods too, it's just north of the Pine Barrens. I've gone to too many Amusement Parks which are surrounded by highways such as Kings Island or the one in Louisville.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 02-26-2003 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:55 PM   #30
jerseydevil

Since summer is coming up and the Amusement Parks are starting to reopen - I figured I'd revive this thread. Anyway =- I've been to Great Adventure twice already and it just reopened on April 5th.

Anyone in the area - Superman is awesome - I just went on it today. it's a short ride though - but it is cool to be riding on your stomach. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I wish the Medusa track had the Superman cars. I'm supposed to go again tomorrow.

It was freezing - 48 degrees and very windy. Yesterday it was 88 degrees.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 04-17-2003, 11:03 PM   #31
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Tomorrow is our senior trip to Six Flags Over Georgia and I'm going to try my hardest to ride every roller coaster there. If I don't manage to do it, I'll continue my quest next week when I go with the band.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 05:42 AM   #32
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Last time I was at six flags I ad an athsma attack, but I stayed because it was raining and they hadn't opened up Medusa yet. So I rode that and a bunch of others but don't remeber it anyway because no oxygen was getting to my brain.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:59 PM   #33
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i love rollercoasters but my brother hates any wooden rollercoaster because he thinks they will collapse.
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 05:28 PM   #34
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Yeah I don't trust wooden ones either. But for some reason I wouldn't be afraid to do that huge bungee rope type thing where you get swung around a million feet in the air suspended by ropes. At least the ropes were made for that; wood was made for picking fruit off of, and for termites to gnaw.
Old 04-19-2003, 05:40 PM   #35
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
Tomorrow is our senior trip to Six Flags Over Georgia and I'm going to try my hardest to ride every roller coaster there. If I don't manage to do it, I'll continue my quest next week when I go with the band.
at my old school the seniors or juniors or somebody would go every year. i'm not sure if they still do though. anyway hope you have fun!
when i went to Six Flags over Georgia a bunch of the rides were closed. i ended up only going on one real roller coaster. and it was the really old wooden one.
Old 04-19-2003, 05:47 PM   #36
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i went on a ride called the hellvator and it got stuck right at the top and some guy on the other side threw up but it didnt hit anyone. too bad

BTW what kind of music is your band khamul
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 05:51 PM   #37
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Hahaha. Yeah last time I went we got stuck right at the very summit of one roller coaster before the ride even started. We'd just climbed up there and were ready to drop. So when it started up again we just shot straight down really fast and my neck hurt for a few days.

It's funny to see barf underneath the rollercoasters.
Old 04-19-2003, 05:59 PM   #38
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
Yeah I don't trust wooden ones either. But for some reason I wouldn't be afraid to do that huge bungee rope type thing where you get swung around a million feet in the air suspended by ropes. At least the ropes were made for that; wood was made for picking fruit off of, and for termites to gnaw.
You go to Great Adventure - don't you? You don't like Rolling Thunder? It does feel like you're going to come off the tracks - or come out of your seat. The back is the best if you want to feel like your going to be thrown out. But the front is cool too.

Nitro is cool and so is Medusa. Superman got stuck a number of times on opening day. The first time was with it stuck at the very top of the lift hill.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 04-19-2003, 10:23 PM   #39
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I'm in the school band. You know, the normal marching and concert type.

I rode every roller coaster there except Deja Vu (which wasn't running) and The Georgia Cyclone. I actually rode Batman twice since the line wasn't long. I hope to ride the two I missed next week. Had to wait an hour and half for the Superman, but it was completely worth it. Awesome ride.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 11:01 PM   #40
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

well i never used to be a big rollercoaster person.... just raised that way. my parents never took me on any.

ben dragged me a few because he was forced to go on a lot by his firends. my first few times were several years ago. i completely dreaded it and at first did not like the feeling..

i think my first was space mountain in Disney Paris (i think). It was nice because I couldn't see anything.

then space mountain at disney land(different from france). and California Screamin' , the biggest roller coaster i had ever been on. i was screaming at ben the whole time, and then after it was done i wanted to go on it again (but wasnt able to).

On the recent band trip, friends forced me on almost all of the roller coasters and thrill rides multiple times (at busch gardens). like i had never been on those huge ships that swing (twice..hated it the first time) and other fast things.
Coasters:
-Big bad wolf 5 times. no bottom track. fast for me and big. big drop
-lochness twice pretty fast and big and stuff.
-alpengeist - im told its like medusa - feet hanging.... really big and really fast. inverted, upsidedown . i was really scared before being forced onto it. then i wanted to do it again
-then there was another roller coaster we didnt go on - and it so happened it had the biggest drop - oh well

been to six flags great adventure many times - just not recently - and ive never been on any of the coasters.....nitro looks scary.

oh- and is it just me or are small drops on, say water rides, sometimes worse than really big fast ones of roller coasters? i think so... the feelings i get anyway. on coasters, at first i may not like it, but i adjust to it...

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote