Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2002, 01:58 PM   #1
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

anti-war and other demonstration groups

I had been looking around for a while at anti-war groups and other so called "peace activist" groups. It seems as if they're all one sided. They don't go out and demonstrate against the Iraqi Emabassy, or the North Korean Embassy. They seem to only demonstrate against the Western countries (primarily against the US).

They condemn Israel - but are silent on the Palestinian Suicide Bombers. They talk about civil rights for arabs in the US - but allow 10's of thousands to be executed, tortured and imprisoned for life without trials in the Middle East. They allow North Koreans to starve without organising a mass demonstration against the North Korean government.

I wonder how "peace activists" (primarily made up of people against the US and the west) expect to be taken seriously.

This is a prime example of a so called peace organisation - International A.N.S.W.E.R.. I got this link off of BBC in the article - US intensifies Iraq build-up. I question why BBC included the link for this website when the organisation wasn't even mentioned in the article. They also contained this link - MoveOn.org. Amazingly they didn't include any pro-war sites, which obviously there are.

I'm now getting a better understanding of why the Europeans have such a different view of the world than the US does. I also see where the BBC stands on the issues. They also heavily gear their reporting to win their readers support for the causes and ideas they believe in.

I e-mailed this to International A.N.S.W.E.R. Organisation

Quote:
Why don't you go to Iraq or China or North Korea and demonstrate against their human rights abusives. Maybe it's because even you are smart enought to realise that you'd be shot, tortured or imprisoned for life without trial. Or maybe it's because you're not really for peace. Why don't you condemn the Palestinian suicide bombers that PURPOSELY target and kill woman, children and men as they eat or go to the mall or wait for a bus.

Your demostrations are all one sided. If you truly cared about human rights and peace in the world - you would be marching in front of the Iraqi Emabassies, the North Korean emabassies, the Chinese embassies. You'd be outraged by the warlords in Somalia or the fighting going on in any number of African countries. I would have heard you guys demonstrating against the Taliban and the executions that took place in the soccer fields. Or demononstrating against the outrage that women were forbidden to get an education. But alas - for some strange reason you are silent where the true evil is.

Until I see "anti-war" groups holding mass demonstrations against those countries, I will continue to believe you are a bunch of misguided fanatics with your own agenda (which does not include world peace). I would really like to see for once a huge demonmstration against countries that TRULY do limit freedom and violate human rights. Maybe when I see on your website condemnation of the Palestinian suicide bombers next to the comdemnation of the Israeli responses - I'll take you seriously. Until that time all your "news articles" are just one sided propaganda.

I don't want to see my liberties eroded and I will fight for mine or
anyone else's. But you have your own agenda which is no better than the people you condemn.

I hope for everyone's sake that terrorism does not win out. If it does - your voice, along with everyone else's, will be silent under a religious fanatical dictatorship.

Robert Rosetta
http://www.aboutnewjersey.com/twintowers/twintowers.htm
Plainsboro NJ
Why don't so called peace organisations demonstate against the countries that treat their people no better than animals? Why do they ransack western cities (like they did in Seattle)? It just seems that a lot of these organisations are very hypocritical.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 11-08-2002 at 02:22 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote