Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-01-2002, 07:54 PM   #21
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Ok I'm a girl and my tastes genrally run in the big blue eyes and dark brown hair and funny smile scheme of things, but that's in the male realm. I think that all THREE of the main women in LOTR(you guys for got Sarah McCleod\Rosie Cotton!) are beautiful in their own way.
Rosie Cotton is beautiful in a sort of tomboyish manner, sensible, not given to alot of frivalties, wouldn't wear makeup if you paid her and would rather go wading in Bywater and get a perfectly good dress torn by climbing up a tree so she could be with the hobbit lads who wouldn't want her there.
I have to go to a party...I choose Rose,
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 07:59 PM   #22
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

Sam Gamgee

Oh yes! Rosie was my favourite girl overall! Cute little hobbit couple, Sam and Rosie! I totally agree with you, Samwise!
Old 11-01-2002, 08:00 PM   #23
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Arwen Undomiel

Oh Man, Rose Cotton is a "knockout"! In FoTR, she's has a million $$ Hollywood smile. I found her to be more sexy, than beautiful, though she was that too. I agree that Kate is "exotic" those dumbo ears didn't do her justice!
Old 11-01-2002, 08:26 PM   #24
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Yes, I guess "exotic" is a hard to define term. And I think that women from India are gorgeous, too, Lizra! The ones with the really delicate features but big eyes and kinda heart-shaped faces. (I've always liked dark hair - my husband, the clever guy, has really dark hair! Smart of him - he knew I couldn't resist it! ) To me, Liv is kinda exotic-looking (eyes and mouth), and very pretty, but my husband thinks she's kinda weird looking.

And how about the most stunning woman in the entire FoTR movie - that crabby looking older hobbit woman who is all cranky when Gandalf goes by, and then laughs when he lets off a couple of fireworks! My goodness - her face could have curdled milk when she was scowling!! (at least I think it's a woman .... ?)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 12:20 AM   #25
BeardofPants
the Shrike

LOL! Yeah, I think it was female....

Exotic, eh? Yeah, those indian women are really attractive; the men can be as well, but it's a bit hit and miss.

I prefer symmetry. Not too fussed on the colouration, but they've got to have a nice jawline - none of this weak jaw and chin business. Like Johnny Depp. Now that's what I call a beautiful man. *drool* ... er....
Old 11-02-2002, 06:08 PM   #26
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
JOHHNY DEPP!!!

Oh yeah! Johnny Depp is definately a hott guy! lol

I'm a girl and I *love* dark curly hair. Ya know, actually I kinda think Eligah (UGH CANT SPELL!) has his moments in the movie! lol Orlando is well, so so.

Hey, my younger sisters asked an interesting question, but why does it seem that all of the hobbits have curly or wavy hair? Maybe i missed that little detail in the book.
Old 11-02-2002, 07:22 PM   #27
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Re: JOHHNY DEPP!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Firekitten2006
Hey, my younger sisters asked an interesting question, but why does it seem that all of the hobbits have curly or wavy hair? Maybe i missed that little detail in the book.
It says it either in the prologue or the appendices, I can't remember which, but they definitely all have curly hair.

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
I prefer symmetry. Not too fussed on the colouration, but they've got to have a nice jawline - none of this weak jaw and chin business. Like Johnny Depp. Now that's what I call a beautiful man. *drool* ... er....
I saw a documentary where it said that we judge people beautiful if their faces are symmetrical. It suprises me who I find attractive. Although its pretty obvious who I like! *Viggo, mmm, drool* Even though he is only a few years younger than my mother.
Old 11-02-2002, 07:40 PM   #28
Sween
im quite stupid

no my lovely threads been hi jacked by fan girls. JOnny deep funny you should mention him that who my gf allways say i look like .

Seriouly though dont you think liv is a bit of a minger there nowt going on there and shes got a winny little voice mind you i was trying to think of really fit actresses today down the pub and i could'nt think of any. Wish shakira was a actress mmmmmmm shakira dream woman
Old 11-02-2002, 07:49 PM   #29
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

Sam Gamgee

Yes, Shakira's pretty, but her voice is just icky.

Liv doesn't sound right, now that I've heard her real voice. It's all like one big sigh. And the deep-voice-for-Arwen thing, well, it just doesn't sound right to me.
Old 11-02-2002, 09:22 PM   #30
Treebeard's apprentice
Elven Warrior

Why must I choose? Why can't I have both (or all four if we're including Rosie and Cate)?!! I would just about melt if either one would even look at me or in some way aknowledge that I existed!
I think when you're talking about people at such a high level of beauty, it's pointless to compare them to each other. They're both beautiful enough, so just leave it at that and stop trying to mess with my fantasies!
Treebeard's apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 03:52 PM   #31
mirrille
Elven Warrior

We didn't see Rosie very much, but from what I remember she was cute enough.
I must confess that I think Liv Tyler is ugly. She's got a nice enough profile, but turn her face around and look at it straight on and she looks like a horse. ugh! Face too long, mouth too big. The proportions are all off. Poor girl...
Miranda Otto looks better. She's got a nice round face and a sweet smile. She looks more like the kind of beauty that becomes more beautiful the longer you look. Liv gets uglier the longer you look, even though your eye might be drawn to her first because of her "exotic" looks.
Indian women are so beautiful...and the men, when they are good-looking, they are gorgeous! It's not fair. I don't know what happened way back in the evolution of that race, but they seem to have selected for some stunning features. Nice regular proud features, big liquid brown eyes, straight noses. It's almost difficult to find an ugly Indian, at least when they are still young, girls especially, and I come from a place with alot of Brown people, lest anyone cite sampling error.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 04:37 PM   #32
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

I like Miranda better - at one point I hated Liv.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 05:18 PM   #33
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I dunno about you guys, but I thought those she-elves standing behind Haldir were HOT!!

Another one, to emphasize the obvious sarcasm:
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 12:08 AM   #34
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
India Indians or Native Americans?

Are we talkin Native Americans or India Indians? Just wondering so I can put up my opinion.
Old 11-04-2002, 04:39 AM   #35
viggosbeard
Elven Warrior

pointy ears !
And your ride home
You cant avoid her
Shes in the air
In between molecules
Of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide
Only in dreams
viggosbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 04:56 AM   #36
Millane
The Dude

Back to Sarah Mcleod BACK OFF SHE IS MINE!!! F@#$ Liv and Miranda... We even have the same last name (slight spelling diff.)
so there you have it she must be mine...
Damn Straight VB pointy ears are awesome...
theyd be even better on S MAC HEHEHE
Old 11-04-2002, 06:15 AM   #37
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I normally judge women in terms of their ****ability. What? You have a sick, sick mind. And not to mention twisted. Not as twisted (warped) as mine, though. Mwaahahahaha ahh shuddup.

Therefore:

Miranda Otto: I haven't seen much of her, so I wouldn't be able to give a rating.

Liv Tyler: I think she is incredibly horny, even by she-elf standards. However, I dont go for sluts. She is waaaay too easy.

Sarah McLeod: I don't remember her too well, but from what I have seen, she looks pretty young. Still, I'm sure that I could use my magical persuasion skills to coerce her into a week-long "fun" marathon. I think she might be the loudest (out of these three).

Cate Blanchett: Or maybe this one's the loudest? Maybe, maybe not. She might be, I dunno, slightly....frigid. Although I'm sure I'd be able to change that. Hmmm....I think Cate might be the loudest....

DISCLAIMER: If you are young and innocent, don't read the above. It'll only corrupt you.

PS. I think it's quite funny that I put the disclaimer near the bottom. That way, all the young and innocent 'mooters will be on their way to corruption. Hee hee.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:21 AM   #38
Draken
Elf Lord

Re: Liv is delectible

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
If you must compare the two.....Liv is voluptuous in the face. Her skin tone is soft, smooth and supple. She exudes youthful ripeness. (whoo, doesn't that sound yummy! ) She has a tall, statuesque, goddess-like frame, roundly and smoothly filled in, not too skinny or "over defined" (with stringy, sinewy muscles). She looks ample, soft, feminine, yet large and strong. Pale creamy white skin, beautiful long flowing dark hair. Jeweltone lips and eyes, graceful movements, She looks like a gorgeous flower, unfolding, revealing soft, smooth perfection and lush, velvety, inner beauty.
Thanks for that Liz, from the bottom of my heart. Damn I wish there were cold showers here at work...

I like Liv. She looked as good as anyone can in pointy ears and has an unconventional beauty.

....or am I?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 08:45 AM   #39
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I'd like to see Alyssa Milano in pointy ears. I'd very much like to see that.

I must agree with that which was just said by me. Thanks for listening.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:59 AM   #40
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Yeesh. Either some folks ain't gotten any in months and months, or not ever at all. [remainder self-edited]

Liv Tyler exotic? yup, she sure does have a touch of a VERY exotic country....MONGOLIA!!!

I have always really been turned off by this woman's looks, as she seems to have just a slight touch of mongolism. The slack-jawed, puffy-lipped, deer-in-the-headlights eyes and that whispering coo of a voice all add up to a woman who does very, very little for me in the realm of pulchritude.

Miranda Otto is by far the more attractive woman, because she shows she has something going on behind her eyes besides the latest dress at Gucci. More mature, more wise, and more stricken by grief, she would have been a FAR better Arwen considering the amount of grief that the granddaughter of Galadriel had endured during her long life.

Cate Blanchett does nothing whatsoever for me, either. I found her fulfillment of screen role to be the most disappointing of all the characters in Lord of the Rings. Far too dour, far to heavy with the cares of the world, and besides, she looks morel ike a street skank than the Queen of the Galadhrim.

The lady who plays Rosie Cotten is completely enchanting. Her smile is like the rosy, golden morning sun falling on high fields of fallen snow.

"When I was 18, Bebe Buell and Jeri Hall were my favorite models! They were gorgeous, and dated rock guys!"

Hmmmmm......was Jerry Hall dating Brian Ferry at the time, or had she moved on to that overworn, overrated screeching set of lips Mick Jagger by then? [Being a DEDICATED Brian Ferry / Roxy Music fan, and always having been totally nonplussed by the worthless Rolling Stones, I tend to be a tad partisan on the issue of Jeri....]

Honestly, though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and not a one of the ladies in the LotR films even remotely hold a candle to Lynda Carter [Wonder Woman].

Now how's THAT for dating oneself?????
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote