Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-11-2002, 10:34 PM   #21
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I'd like to help in any way; but what can I do?

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 09:27 AM   #22
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
How cool is this anyways?
Thank you so much, Finrod Felagund, for starting this thread!
And Radagast The Brown -- I don't think you'd need to be in the US to do this, just so long as you have a microphone and an email that can send really big attachments. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get around Hotmail's attachment size limit, myself, but I'll figure something out.
Wait . . . if we're really going to do this, we probably need some sort of organization before we stand a chance of getting off the ground. Any ideas?

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 04:02 PM   #23
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I don't have microphone, but I think one of my friendsd have. and I hope my email would be generous. I don't remeber what is its maximum size. but I tried to send video file, and it was too big.

We have to get start somewhere... to who we're going to send the music files?
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 11:09 PM   #24
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Not me, because I've had some trouble burning mp3's onto CDs - it doesn't want to convert them to wav files, it seems. But anyhoo, I think the first thing to decide is who's gonna sing what? I think that if some of oyu have songs that you have written yourselves, you should sing those. I'm terrible at writing songs myself, so I'll just sing something already written, thank you.
Let's do this - anybody who wants to definitely sing on this album needs to say so in this thread by, oh lets say Wednesday. Thursday morning i'll check back here and post a final list. So far we have: myself, Sween?, samwise of the shire, Renille, Ms Undomial, Elenka, Garina, Laurelyn, Radagast the Brown, ArwenEvenstar, Duddun?, and osszie?. Arathorn, like to burn CD's? If so, you could help out there, or you're also welcome to sing. And Finrod Fegalund, would oyu also like to sing? Wasn't real sure on that. All of you with question marks in your names, I need you to confirm that you are going to sing, for sure. Oh and about copyrights - as long as we give credit where credit is due, we should be fine. Hows this for organized, Laurelyn?

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 11:13 PM   #25
webwizard333
Elf Lord

<looks around for Tess, who has the Entmoot hop>

Where is he?
Old 10-12-2002, 11:54 PM   #26
galadriel88

Good question, haven't seen him in a while. He might do this, you know!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 10-13-2002, 12:10 PM   #27
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

I'll burn CDs if Arathorn won't, I have a CD burner. Yes, I'm in, Galadriel, thanks.
Very organized, by the way.
I'm assuming that once we get our final list of singers we'll start working on songs and who-sings-what?

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Old 10-13-2002, 12:38 PM   #28
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I have a burner too. I only ask for an on-line repository of the recorded mp3 files so I can download from the office. I can bring my burner there.

Blank CD-Rs here can go as low as less than 15 US cents a piece.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 02:33 PM   #29
galadriel88

Wow, that's cheap! I guess you can do it then... About having the mp3's online, if you go to mp3.com you can join as an artist and submit mp3's that folks can download, so I think that's prolly what everyone should do, I believe the process is rather simple but I'll go there myself and check it out. And yes, after we get the final list of singers, we'll decide who's singing what.

Old 10-13-2002, 03:13 PM   #30
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

You can join mp3 as an artist? *scuttles off to check out mp3.com*

Old 10-13-2002, 03:19 PM   #31
osszie
Elven Warrior

I'm afraid my singing skills leave something to be desired, including a range of octaves so I'll have to decline good look with the album tho ............. isn't anyone going to do a cover version of The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins?
osszie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 08:40 PM   #32
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Last January I actually did a recording session at a friend's house, improvised piano accompanying vocals - both by me. It turned out okay... my voice was a bit out of tune, and perhaps a bit drowned out by the fact that I had no separate mic for it.

Playing an instrument while singing along is much harder than it looks.

Anyway, I'm going to actually prepare some piano + vocal stuff before I take another run at recording. I arrange all my stuff... I hate playing off pre-arranged pop music full of crap chords and no room for flashy improv, so I just play off melody and chords. Well actualy, I love transcriptions of the masters, like Tatum and Brubeck and Evans and Peterson and such... but I can't reach a tenth comfortably, so that doesn't really work out. Grr.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 03:06 PM   #33
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

Wow! everything is organized! is it ok if my 2 sisters join us once we are ready to record? they are very good. both of them are in their teens so their voice has matured somewhat. one can sing really high and the other can go pretty high and is very good at singing in a forign(sp) languge(sp) ( elvish for example). please let me know. this will be TONS of fun!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 10:47 PM   #34
galadriel88

That's fine by me, Ms. Undomial, they sound like very accomplished singers! IronParrot - I would LOVE to be able to play the piano that well! Please do something for this, I'd love to hear you on it!

Oh, and as a reminder to everyone, I will be checking here tomorrow morning around 6:30 CST (that's GMT -6 hours) and posting a final list of those who are planning on singing and/or playing an instrument. I also play trombone but I can't imagine playing anything for this....not much time to buy music and practice! But for those of you who play piano or any other instrument are welcome to do that instead of or as well as singing. This is so exciting, I can't wait!!

Old 10-17-2002, 07:38 AM   #35
galadriel88

Here we go, the final list!!

myself
samwise of the shire
Renille
Ms Undomial
Elenka
Garina
Laurelyn
Radagast the Brown
ArwenEvenstar
Tessar
frodosgirlfriend
IronParrot
Finrod Fegalund

And here's a list of the possible songs I've thought of (so far): May it Be, In Dreams, anything that you guys have written, any songs in LOTR that we know the music to (like The Road Goes Ever On), and I think it'd be fine if we threw in some songs that we love but aren't necessarily Tolkien-related. (Quality music please - no Britney Spears, Metallica, or anything like that!!!!)

Last edited by galadriel88 : 10-18-2002 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:57 AM   #36
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

Location: I live in la la land, you know, the place you go during math class
wow! if it's not to much trouble, can i be added? i do sing solos in church alot. my moms friend is a piano composer. and i'm not bad at writing music, but i'm not good a writing words for the music . the one song i wrote was a second verse to that pretty poem BoP used to have in her sig a long time ago. and i don't think i know anybody with a mike... but i do have a nice tape recorder .

---------------------------------------------
AND FGF'S MOST GORGEOUS MAN ALIVE AT THE MOMENT'S AWARD GOES TO.........
BRANDON BOYD (yes once again) !!!!! WOOOO!!!
----------------------------------------------
Hottness has no count for age.... thats why I'm merrying a forty year old who goes by the name of JOHNNY DEPP!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Fortune cookies tell all, so when i got the cookie telling me to date my love i became a stalker to Johnny Depp, and when i find him my excuse will be "the cookie made me do it"
------------------------------------------------
I'm not stupid, I'm special
"But why is the rum gone?"
"Captian, Catian Jack Sparrow"
"pa-pa-pa parsnip, parla, --"
"Just don't do anything... stupid"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"
~Captian Jack Sparrow
Read my FP.net story!!!

Last edited by frodosgirlfriend : 10-17-2002 at 09:58 AM.
frodosgirlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 12:43 PM   #37
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I could join in here, but I need a place to record...

Or I could send over some tracks from my old CD, but they're honestly not that good.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 04:26 PM   #38
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally posted by webwizard333
<looks around for Tess, who has the Entmoot hop>

Where is he?
YES! I'LL DO IT!!!!

But I'm warning yo.... Oh never mind. Everyone says that...

Anywho. I'm a bass. what are Yalls?
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 05:24 PM   #39
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Also can I PLEASE try a male (bass) version of 'may it be'? I would really love to try and then we could have a girl and a guy version.

What ever you guys think though.

Also I'm not going to be able to get anything up till atleast late tommorow/day after because the recorder on my comp is messed up (noooooo not NOW God!!) and I need a mic to do it one the main one.

Wish me luck at wal-marts
Old 10-17-2002, 05:35 PM   #40
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

(omgosgh, back to my spamer mode from when I joined!!)

Also, how do you convert stuff to MP3? Do you need a special program thing?! I hope not. Do you just 'save as' and then type in MP3? We have a new computer but I don't see an MP3 option on it. I would most likly use the generic recording program that comes with windows. Can you not make MP3s out of those?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! SOME ONE HIT ME!!!

I'm a little excited....