Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-17-2002, 07:17 PM   #21
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Flush them down some toilets!
and i thought we had enlighted people on this board.
Old 08-17-2002, 07:21 PM   #22
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Administrative Note- This is a very sensitive topic with the ability to flare tempers. I do not wish to close this thread, but lately political discussions have not been a popular topic in light of the 9/11 disaster. So please take great care in choosing your words when expressing your opinions.
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 09:03 PM   #23
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Sween, and others, I think you are failing to notice that most of these suggestions are humourous ones, albeit macabre.
Old 08-17-2002, 09:05 PM   #24
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Quote:
Your nation has never faced an attack before really and your not sure how to deal with it.
Actually there was Pearl Harbor. But not in the last 50 or so years we haven't, no. My opinion? Don't send them back, and don't make a big deal out of it. I like the unmarked mass grave idea. They are going to expect us to either make some great show of hatred or send them back out of respect. So we should do neither. Just something simple.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 10:30 PM   #25
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil

I don't agree that Justice is a fancy word for vengence. If we didn't have laws that had consequences - why would people follow them. You're looking at anarchy then.
Justice - 1.) the quality of being just (consistent with what is morally right); fairness. 2.) the principle of moral rightness; equity. 3.) conformity to moral rightness in action or attitude; righteousness. 4.) the upholding of what is just.

How is it just, righteous (without guilt or sin), or morally right to feed their remains to animals or tramp on their ashes?

Vegeance - infliction of punishment in return for a wrong committed; retribution.

What are you are saying we should do is just plain old vengeance. And calling it "justice" is only a way to feel better about doing it.

Now if they had outright attacked me, I'd hate them. But they never directly attacked me, so though I completely hate what they did - I can't hate them. If you're a moral person, you'll understand that. Therefore, I can't just be as barbaric as they were - I can't stoop to their level as so many Americans would. They're dead, and that's justice - anything after that is just a sick way of venting petty anger.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 08-17-2002 at 10:41 PM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 02:14 AM   #26
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I say give the ashes to some of my pot smoking friends and let them toke'em.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.

Last edited by afro-elf : 08-18-2002 at 02:16 AM.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 02:40 AM   #27
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Rána Eressëa

Justice - 1.) the quality of being just (consistent with what is morally right); fairness. 2.) the principle of moral rightness; equity. 3.) conformity to moral rightness in action or attitude; righteousness. 4.) the upholding of what is just.

How is it just, righteous (without guilt or sin), or morally right to feed their remains to animals or tramp on their ashes?

Vegeance - infliction of punishment in return for a wrong committed; retribution.

What are you are saying we should do is just plain old vengeance. And calling it "justice" is only a way to feel better about doing it.

Now if they had outright attacked me, I'd hate them. But they never directly attacked me, so though I completely hate what they did - I can't hate them. If you're a moral person, you'll understand that. Therefore, I can't just be as barbaric as they were - I can't stoop to their level as so many Americans would. They're dead, and that's justice - anything after that is just a sick way of venting petty anger.
Excuse me RE - but where did I ever say I was espousing or even mention justice before you brought it up? I am perfectly aware of the difference between vengence and justice. I'm not seeking justice for their [edit - ashes] remains. I had clearly stated that here when I replied to your post -

Quote:
I do agree that my suggestions are vengefully motivated - which is entirely different than if I was seeking justice.
I also went back and reread all my posts - and never once did I mention my suggestions as being justice.

I'm not sorry for venting my anger or making macbre suggestions for their remains. I do hate them and I don't think their deaths were justice - especially since they CHOSE that way to die. The US government had found documents in the hijackers apartments stating how they wanted to be buried and stuff. I don't know why the terrorits thought there would be anything left of their bodies to have them buried so they point toward Meca. I guess they were a bit uneducated in a few things.

By the way Sween - where do the Afgans hate us? Bin Laden and all the hijackers were all Saudis - except a couple - and none of them were Afgans. The only Afgans that really hated us were the Taliban and the Bin Ladin cronies. We've instituted law in Afganistan -along with England and other countries help.

I like Lizra's idea - quick,simple and cheap. I also like AE's idea.

And CBG - I know there weren't just Americans killed in the attacks - but they lived here and worked here and it was our buildings that were brought down - with our planes. Also - the Twin Towers were less than an hour away from me.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 08-18-2002 at 04:26 AM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 02:58 AM   #28
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Sween, and others, I think you are failing to notice that most of these suggestions are humourous ones, albeit macabre.
Are they humorous? If they are it's OK, but it's difficult to know. I'd expect a smiley around if they're meant as a joke.

About the Islamic burial, I've been digging a bit and it seems like if a muslim by Allah is considered a martyr, then he/she will go straight to Paradise, decent burial or not. But I'm on thin ice here. I expect there are different opinions on this among the different muslim groups as well. The theory would explain why even the families of the suiciders approve, though.
Old 08-18-2002, 03:43 AM   #29
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis

Are they humorous? If they are it's OK, but it's difficult to know. I'd expect a smiley around if they're meant as a joke.
In many ways BoP is right - she knows I have a very macbre sense of humor. But at the same time this is truly how I feel. I had thought about putting smileys after some of my suggestions, but given a chance - this IS truly what I would do with the remains if they fell into my hands. So I'm torn - part of this is humorous and I am laughing when I suggest these - trying to come up with the most outrageous and disgusting and what I feel - the most fitting resting place for these monsters. I especially like feeding them to a Bald Eagle. That is just so symbolic.

It's a good thing I haven't told you about my plans for Bin Laden yet. Hint: that involved drawing and quartering. Of course that would only work if he's captured alive.

To vent I sometimes go to MadBlast.com. NOTE: this site does have some "mature" subject matter. But the Bin Laden stuff is funny. This is one of my favorites - Bin Laden Has Nowhere To Run - Nowhere To Hide I also like Bin Laden Bowling They don't seem to have Bin Laden's Shooting Gallery anymore though. I liked blowing his head away. That one was really graphic. I found another old one though - Osama Is On The Run Again

But I'm warning you - if you're easily offended then don't go to the sites.

Side cartoon some people may find funny - President Bush's 'Axis Of Evil

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 08-18-2002 at 04:20 AM.
Old 08-18-2002, 03:55 AM   #30
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Madblast is funny!
Which means my sense of humor is a bit macabre too.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:24 AM   #31
Sween
im quite stupid

Another thing about a muslim berial is they happen ASAP when dodi al fayed died with diana he was burried that day as is the custome.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:18 AM   #32
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Starting a thread speaking of justice (which is what I thought you were supposed to be after) is okay. But doing it just to vent some very repulsive ideas of what to do with their remains isn't the way to go, JD. How exactly is society supposed to get any better if you execute similar feelings to theirs?

I was bringing up justice because that is the only thing, if anything, you should be thinking about. And obviously I have proved you aren't, as you so clearly stated.

So . . . what's the point? If not justice?

(Don't take this in a anger way. On messageboards you loss the benefit of hearing people's voices.)

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 08-18-2002 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:34 AM   #33
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Heck, I just answered the question honestly! Sorry to offend anyone. I'll keep out of political threads i guess, I've pretty much formed my opinions and don't feel the need to debate. It doesn't matter what I think except when it comes time to vote,so I don't get all hung up on it. Once again sorry to offend, carry on!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 10:43 AM   #34
jerseydevil

Quote:
Starting a thread speaking of justice (which is what I thought you were supposed to be after) is okay. But doing it just to vent some very repulsive ideas of what to do with their remains isn't the way to go, JD. How exactly is society supposed to get any better if you execute similar feelings to theirs?

I was bringing up justice because that is the only thing, if anything, you should be thinking about. And obviously I have proved you aren't, as you so clearly stated.

So . . . what's the point? If not justice?

(Don't take this in a anger way. On messageboards you loss the benefit of hearing people's voices.)
You didn't prove I wasn't looking for justice. I freely admit - I'm looking for the remains to be thrown out with the trash. I don't understand what justice you're looking for - since they're dead? And why should I be thinking of justice for them? I would support our government digging a ditch and just dumping them. I also would have no problem of them just putting them on that garbage barge from NY that has been floating around. They can just throw them out with the garbage and just not tell anyone.

The government is probably going to do some stupid politically correct thing.

You don't have to agree with my feelings on dealing with their remains, but they are my feelings.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 08-18-2002 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:29 AM   #35
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Oh, jeez, I never said I was offended, Lizra. I think it's quite vulgar to actually do it, but you're free to think it.

Quote:

You didn't prove I wasn't looking for justice. I freely admit - I'm looking for the remains to be thrown out with the trash. I don't understand what justice you're looking for - since they're dead? And why should I be thinking of justice for them? I would support our government digging a ditch and just dumping them. I also would have no problem of them just putting them on that garbage barge from NY that has been floating around. They can just throw them out with the garbage and just not tell anyone.
I didn't say justice for them. Never did. And you said...

Quote:

I do agree that my suggestions are vengefully motivated - which is entirely different than if I was seeking justice.
So you aren't thinking about just justifying the deaths of the 9/11 victims, which would just plainly being (in the eyes of almost everyone else) having the terrorists dead. The End. Or perhaps not? You're thinking of the best way to defile their remains just to rouse anger. Don't do what they asked, but don't be barbaric either. Just toss them in an unmarked grave - digging a ditch is equally the same. That's all we need to do.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 08-18-2002 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:40 AM   #36
jerseydevil

Quote:
So you aren't thinking about just justifying the deaths of the 9/11 victims, which would just plainly being (in the eyes of almost everyone else) having the terrorists dead. The End. Or perhaps not? You're thinking of the best way to defile their remains just to rouse anger. Don't do what they asked, but don't be barbaric either. Just toss them in an unmarked grave - digging a ditch is equally the same. That's all we need to do.
The terrorists freely chose to die, they committed suicide.

It's not that hard to dig a grave and throw them in - but if I had the remains - I wouldn't. We're supposed to treat their remains with respect? What respect did they show the 3,000 people they killed on 9/11? I will soon come up with more ways to dispose of their rotting flesh. We could mix them in with some black top and let our cars drive over them or maybe a company that makes cat litter can add them to their cat litter mix.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 08-18-2002, 11:43 AM   #37
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
It's not that hard to dig a grave and throw them in - but if I had the remains - I wouldn't. We're supposed to treat their remains with respect? What respect did they show the 3,000 people they killed on 9/11?
That depends what you think respect is. I don't think throwing someone's remains in a ditch is respect.

But if you do, well, stay away from my dead body (j/k).

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 08-18-2002 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:44 AM   #38
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

OK! Garbage disposal!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 11:48 AM   #39
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
We could mix them in with some black top and let our cars drive over them or maybe a company that makes cat litter can add them to their cat litter mix.
Ick, ick, ick, ick, ick. I don't want Poseidon playing in the remains of dead people! And yes, he plays like most kittens do with his cat litter. That's just wrong for the poor cats!

Yeesh, does every living thing have to suffer now?
Old 08-18-2002, 11:51 AM   #40
jerseydevil

Quote:

Ick, ick, ick, ick, ick. I don't want Poseidon playing in the remains of dead people! And yes, he plays like most kittens do with his cat litter. That's just wrong for the poor cats!

Yeesh, does every living thing have to suffer now?
Okay = I won't put their remains in the cat litter. I'll just use them for crab bait.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide