Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-10-2002, 03:02 AM   #21
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

so ur saying if there was no melkor then there would be no silmarillion eh? that really confuses me because melkor is just a made up charachter, the way i see it its not there would be no sil with out melkor its there would be no melkor with out the sil and there would be nothing without JRRT
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 07:44 AM   #22
Sween
im quite stupid

A world without evil is just dull. Evil makes the world go round. Without evil there is no good just existance.

One of the themes of tolien is that we all have a dark side and one of the challenges of life is to rise above this and become good.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:46 PM   #23
Archbob the Elder
Enting

Common, would you want to read the Sim if there was no Melkor and everyone was all good and loving, I think I'd rather read "how paint dries."
Old 08-10-2002, 03:28 PM   #24
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
hmm..id like an in-between world.i mean,there would be no wars,starvation,murders,ect.but there would be teasing(gentle)and harmless pranks,and whatnot,but no one would get offended badly,theyd just laugh w/ u.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 04:03 PM   #25
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
A world without evil is just dull. Evil makes the world go round. Without evil there is no good just existance.

One of the themes of tolien is that we all have a dark side and one of the challenges of life is to rise above this and become good.
I agree with that second part. There will always be evil, wether we like it or not. We can't change that. I think what some of us are trying to say is that if we could choose, we'd like a peaceful world.
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!

Last edited by Faramir : 08-10-2002 at 04:19 PM.
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 05:38 PM   #26
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Quote:
Originally posted by Christiana
if melkor hadnt been,there might still b elves!
Correction. Yes, elves are here but on another demension. At least that's what I believe. And if there was no Melkor, elves and humans wouldn't even have existed, because Iluvatar made them to fight evil. Again, that's what I believe.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 06:05 PM   #27
Christiana
Elf Lord

then we wouldnt be here,so we wouldnt be bored!

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 08-10-2002, 06:56 PM   #28
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

How would we be bored if we weren't here?

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 07:15 PM   #29
Christiana
Elf Lord

mi point exataly!

Old 08-10-2002, 09:26 PM   #30
Faramir
Elven Warrior

This is getting confusing...
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 10:09 PM   #31
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Quote:
I think bordem is only of the reasons fighting breaks out in the troubled parts of the world. I mean think about it, they are not very educated, they don't have computer games, no internet, they aren't told how to play chess or enjoy good literature. I mean, what can they do for fun besides fight?
Um, we have computer games in Northern Ireland you know.

Anyway, what's a story without some sort of opposing force?
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 06:58 PM   #32
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy
Anyway, what's a story without some sort of opposing force?
You said it.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 12:00 AM   #33
Archbob the Elder
Enting

I'm starting a Melkor fan club.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:55 PM   #34
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Christiana
if melkor hadnt been,there might still b elves!

Yes and they would have all taken the journey to aman, and stayed there forever and ever, and never would the twain of man and elf have met.

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 03:05 PM   #35
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I don't like Melkor... he's evil ( ). but without him the world was pointless? without evilness? boring? and most important, without this great books.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 03:23 PM   #36
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Claenoic

Correction. Yes, elves are here but on another demension. At least that's what I believe. And if there was no Melkor, elves and humans wouldn't even have existed, because Iluvatar made them to fight evil. Again, that's what I believe.
Well, Iluvatar didn't make Elves and Humans for the purpose of fighting evil. Iluvatar did not create evil. Morgoth was not intended to be evil in his creation, but he turned. Arda was meant to be the dwelling of all the Children of Iluvatar. the Valar were to care for it and were each given a charge in nature. Morgoth became power hungry and invious of Manwe and the other Valar, and he placed his power into the earth which was "Morgoth's Ring" He claimed Arda as his kingdom and filled it with evil and fear for all living things. So the Elves and Humans were forced to fight, not made for that purpose.
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 07:20 PM   #37
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

Quote:
Yes and they would have all taken the journey to aman, and stayed there forever and ever, and never would the twain of man and elf have met.
What a load of crap. Without Melkor there would be no evil and no suffering, from grief or boredom or anything. Such a bright, perfect world is beyond your imagination, Xandre. Out of the very evils of Melkor the One brings good, but Melkor has done no good for this world at all. You know that.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:39 PM   #38
Archbob the Elder
Enting

No evil and no suffering, yes. But there'd be plenty of bordem.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:22 AM   #39
Christiana
Elf Lord

if melkor is the origion of evil,and bordom is evil,and there was no Melkor,then there could b no bordom!hah!

Old 08-13-2002, 10:44 AM   #40
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Ñólendil

What a load of crap. Without Melkor there would be no evil and no suffering, from grief or boredom or anything. Such a bright, perfect world is beyond your imagination, Xandre. Out of the very evils of Melkor the One brings good, but Melkor has done no good for this world at all. You know that.
Step off. Without Melkor there would have been no snow, no rain, no joy. You can't have happiness without sadness, life without death, pain without pleasure, or good without evil. A bright perfect world my left buttock.

A serene flat grey field with a bunch of white suited mumbling syncophants is what you'd have gotten. Oh sure, no boredom. Patients on thorazine in the mental ward aren't bored either you know.

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote