Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-07-2002, 03:44 PM   #21
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Fne! Lessons stop the 17th of May. Then 2 weeks to prepare for the exams. Then three bloody weeks of exams!!!! Argl, kill me now..... Hopefully I graduate the 30th of June... Although it's not really graduating, because it's higher education and not high school. but well, don't know any other word, so it'll have to do....
Old 05-07-2002, 04:45 PM   #22
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

We get out on May 24th. Yay!
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 07:00 PM   #23
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
My older sister graduated college on the 2nd.

I move up to my junior year (my 12th year of school, for you Brits ) on the 28. Yeah, the Tuesday after Memorial Day weekend, how dumb is that? We have finals that day. Oi.

Actually, since we didn't have snow days this year (for some unknown and scary type reason), we're getting out a lot earlier than usual.

My best friend graduates on the 25th...her last day is the 22nd.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:15 PM   #24
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

RE, i get out on the 24th too! But the only thing that everyone has to be there for is awards, and the several days before are semester tests, which hoefully I'll be exempt from,a nd teacher workdays, which we are either out for or are half days. There is sooo much going on towards the end of school, you wouldn't believe it! On the 17th we have our band trip to go see the Nashville Syphony orchestra and eat at the Hard Rock Cafe (yay!). There's all those days we're out of school, and in between is paly practice. On the 24th is: awards day, the play that night, and the band students vs. faculty softball game to raise money!!! It's gonna be so much fun i can't wait....and then it's the whole summer without my crush!!!!!! Aaah!!!!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:22 PM   #25
TinuvielChild
Padawan

we get out on 21 June. we started on 5 September, and no snow days.

g88, i feel your pain. i'm going the whole summer without my crush as well, but then he's going to college and i'm stuck here for the next 4 years! Christmas break....summer break next year...emails....that's all that will be sustaining me.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:32 PM   #26
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Unfortunately my crush has a girlfriend, and his girlfriend has a knife.
Fortunately his girlfriend is graduating and going off to college in three weeks

Three weeks to summer break and two weeks to finals!
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 12:11 AM   #27
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

I have a final tomorrow, three on Friday, and three on Tuesday...though, two of the three on Friday basically don't count, because they are both kind of 'out of class' tests.

::sob:: My best friend's last day was today. She's not going to college right away, but sixth period won't be the same
Old 05-23-2002, 01:30 AM   #28
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

It's very different where I come from. School starts in June when the rainy season starts. There is a 2-week semestral break in october and a 2-week Christmas break which includes New Year's Day. Then school ends late march; when the dry season sets in.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 02:39 AM   #29
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

8 more days of school for me!!!

I remember in Costa Rica, they had a sort of reverse of what we have here; they had a long summer break in December, around Christmas, and a short break in July.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 02:47 AM   #30
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

Isn't that because they're in the southern hemisphere.. not too sure about that..

But in Australia all the seasons are reversed etc. So it would make sense to have summer break while we've got cold weather..
Old 05-23-2002, 03:11 AM   #31
Garina
Elf Lord

I have already finished school!!!
Unfortunately I'm on study leave so I still have to do revision for my exams!
GCSEs are an invention of Melkor!!!
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 04:25 AM   #32
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirahzi
Isn't that because they're in the southern hemisphere.. not too sure about that..

Yeah, that is true. Well, not Southern hemisphere, but close enough that the seasons are different. Their short winter break was just ending when I was there, in July.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 05-23-2002, 12:44 PM   #33
Khadrane
Elf Lord

I get out next Friday. I would have gotten out this Friday, but State Track landed on a different weekend, and we couldn't have participated because our Seniors would have already graduated, so we had to tack a week onto the school year. Does that make any sense?

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 12:52 PM   #34
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

I had to read it a couple of times over but yes, it does Khadrane.

Yay, tomorrow is the last day!!!! I can't wait till tomorrow night, the play is gonna rock!!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 06:28 PM   #35
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

SCHOOL'S OUT!!! Yayyy!! Of course, I won't get to see the seniors anymore, and I won't get to see anyone next year . . . but hey, it's summer!!! You just can't be depressed on the first day of summer vacation.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:29 PM   #36
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Darn you FF! I have one more day...augh...our school is crazy. Everyone else around here is out.
Old 05-24-2002, 10:30 PM   #37
Eruviel Greenleaf

Bah. I have a few more weeks, though I only have 6 days of real classes left.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 05-24-2002, 11:12 PM   #38
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Our school got out yesterday, but I haven't had to go to school since last Friday. Why did I get out 4 days early? Because I am the man. I didn't have too many absences and my grades were good enough that I didn't have to take the final exams. Since the class of 2002 has now graduated, I am now a Senior. Bow down before me. Huzzahs for the class of 2003!

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 11:21 PM   #39
Eruviel Greenleaf

Congratulations, new senior Khamul!

And soon I shall be a freshman again. . .

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 05-28-2002, 06:22 PM   #40
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Bwahaha, I am a junior! CHEMISTRY IS OVER!!!!!!!

::goes and burns her notes, laughing maniaclly::