Ikhebeenhekelaanorks
Sapling

let's the full army of spoons invade the thread
Ikhebeenhekelaanorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 02:06 PM   #23
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

PLEASE! Someone talk about oscars!

I think Ian McKellan is going to win one for best supporter for his Gandalf the White appearance. Then again Viggo Mortensen is destined to be eye catching with his helm's deep fighting etc...

Grim squeeker if you call that brave elf Legolaugh one more time i shall report you to a moderator for spamming *strawberry smiles evily* AND FOR THE LAST TIME WE DO NOT WANT TO BE FREE FOR WE ARE NOT CAPTIVE. THE ONLY THING WE WANT TO BE FREE OF IS YOU AND YOUR IMMATURE FRIENDS ON THIS THREAD!!!

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 02:19 PM   #24
Twilight
Elven Warrior

Viggo Mortensen is going to get a really good part judging from the trailer. They should nominate both him and Ian. They both deserve to win one
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 02:39 PM   #25
Elf Girl
Lurker

If Elijah Wood gets the darkening aspect of Frodo right, he will deserve an Oscar. I also hope Orlando Bloom does a good job as Legolas, especially in Fangorn.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 02:57 PM   #26
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

<halfheartedly sneezes and wipes out the entire blue pixie army>

I think there is a reason that Elijah Wood was sitting front row at the Oscars. Peter Jackson brought him because he KNOWS that Elijah will at least get a nomination for The Two Towers, or failing that, Return of the King. I have a feeling Viggo, Ian, and Chris Lee might very well get a nod for the next two films. I bet you a dollar to a donut hole the guy playing Theoden King will be nominated for Best Supporting actor.

What would be REALLY cool is if the fellow playing gollum received a BSA nod......
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 03:09 PM   #27
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

BSA? That is a make of motorbike. Very good make too. If you like very fast ones but still classic. Anyway. I agree with you on the Theoden. His speech in the trailer was enough to make me admire him. Then again there is always Denethor with his I'm maddd!!! Shall die!!!! sequence.

Old 04-07-2002, 03:10 PM   #28
Rosie-Lass
Elven Warrior

Quote:
<halfheartedly sneezes and wipes out the entire blue pixie army>
THANKYOU!
Bmilder, scare off these spammers withth threats of torture, or Tater can trick them with late April Fools Day jokes, because they are no doubt fools!
Strawberry you deserve a medal for your handling of the 'Blue Pixie and Spoon Squadron' (weird, just weird)!!!

I think Elijah will get the darkness of Frodo right, because PJ made him redo the scenes until he got them to the right level of 'darkness'!!! Ian M should also be nominated again, because he has such a more challenging role in the next two movies, as does Christopher Lee, although in a less discernable way. Viggo Mortensen MAY get nominated. We can only hope. But it would be great if we could have two in the 'Best Supporting Actor' category or even one in 'Best Actor', although the latter is very unlikely.
Old 04-07-2002, 03:14 PM   #29
Elf Girl
Lurker

What about me? Do I get a medal for discovering their weak spot (Legolas) and tormenting them with it?

I also think Viggo will get nominated at least for Best Supporting Actor, cuz he's doing really well as Aragorn, and he can only get better!
Old 04-07-2002, 03:17 PM   #30
Rosie-Lass
Elven Warrior

Sorry!

Quote:
What about me? Do I get a medal for discovering their weak spot (Legolas) and tormenting them with it?
Yes of course you do. *Places medal around Elf Girl's neck*.
Old 04-07-2002, 03:37 PM   #31
Elf Girl
Lurker

Yay! I get a medal! Thank you.
Old 04-07-2002, 03:40 PM   #32
Rosie-Lass
Elven Warrior

I think I shall appoint myself 'Hander Out Of Medals for Bravery Against Spammers'. If the Admins will say I can. *Bows meekly at the feet of the Admins*.

Please?
Old 04-07-2002, 03:48 PM   #33
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Rosie? Now you just spamming!!!

We havent discussed Sam yet. Dont you think his bravery in RotK especially after Shelob will be done well by Astin? Then again if they havent been recognised in the first film there holds not much hope for the next too.

Old 04-07-2002, 03:52 PM   #34
Rosie-Lass
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Rosie? Now you just spamming!!!
I am not! You are spamming telling me I am spamming. Which I'm not! I could take your medal away for that!!! Think about it.
Old 04-07-2002, 05:03 PM   #35
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

The spammers have now been banned from Entmoot. (Thanks Anduin)

You can now get back on topic, which is the Two Towers Oscar chances, I want no talk of Spam, Bans and Medals, ok?
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 05:29 PM   #36
Elf Girl
Lurker

All right. *bows*

I agree about Sam, if that scene is done well, it will be quite good. However a lot could go wrong. I have faith in Astin though, I think it will be all right.
Old 04-07-2002, 07:34 PM   #37
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Cassiopeia's Dream List of 2003 Best Actor (or Supporting Actor) nominees:

Viggo Mortenson (Aragorn)
Elijah Wood (Frodo)
Sean Astin (Sam)
Christopher Lee (Saruman)
Theoden King - dunno who plays him
Ian McKellan (Gandalf - I hope I'm allowed to say that, isn't he supposed to be dead?)

And the winner is: Elijah Wood (for the fangirls)
Old 04-08-2002, 10:29 AM   #38
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

While my crystal ball is misfunctioning and currently broadcasting outdated TV coverage of the Home Shopping Network, I can forecast independently of presagic paraphrenalia that we may very well see Elijah Wood receive a Best Actor nomination for his work as Frodo. My reasoning is that after three years of seeing this lightearted, good-spirited hobbit sinking deeper and deeper into despair, seeing him bravely "soldier on" in the face of hideous odds, and seeing him finally achieve his mission only to say goodbye to Sam at the Grey Havens, a lot of Academy voters will be won over to the story AND to Elijah Wood's skill as an actor.

Sean Astin has a real shot at an Oscar nom as well. His part just gets meatier and meatier, and the bond between he and Frodo will apparnently make the next two films more "character" driven [this was a real concern of some viewers of the film already that the characters were lost in the story]. Aragorn's part, Gimli and Legolas' parts, Merry and Pipppin's parts, and Gandalf's part also will be a whole lot more fleshed out in the upcoming releases. I have a VERY strong feeling that The Two Towers and The Return of the King are going to each blow the previous film[s] out of the water.

Now HERE'S the dream nominations for 2004:
Best Actor - Elijah Wood
Besat Supporting Actor: Sean Astin; Viggo Mortensen; Ian McKellam; Christopher Lee; the Theoden guy [total lock for the category].

I know, I know. I ain't holding my breath. AGAIN. But it's fun to hope.

I bet each Entmooter would have to change their knickers if it turns out that out of Return of the King that Frodo Baggins wins Best Actor and Samwise Gamgee wins Best Supporting Actor.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:29 AM   #39
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Thankyou for that... unique post bropous!!! *tries to shake image away*

I would love for Elijah Wood to get one but only if he does it well because if he does his evil side well then it is going to be MIND BLOWING! Unfortunately we all have to take into account all the movies that will come out this following year that might give TTT a run for its money.

But still, i suppose its not the end of the world if it bombs at the oscars, its not US who get to take the trophy's. WE still know its a good film (which it WILL be! It WILL be won't it PJ?* puts knife to pj's throat*)

Old 04-09-2002, 12:16 PM   #40
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

The only one with the full vision of what the next two films will entail is Jackson, and look at who he went to the Oscars with. Remember, the perfromances are already "in the can" and he knows what each of the actors has done in the three-film epic. I really have a deep-seated feeling that Elijah Wood is gonna pull an Oscar, specifically because he is going to capture that "darker side" of Frodo and show a real spectrum of emotion in the character. Maybe not for The Two Towers, but I'll bet money on Return of the King.