Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-30-2002, 02:42 PM   #21
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Well, I'd be happy to meet anyone from the movie. . .

Samwise, enough of this keeping us waiting. . .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 04:44 PM   #22
Nibs
Head Hollara

It's not like we're angry or anything... it's just that we are not very inclined to believe you judging merely by this prolonged silence.

Come now! Out with it! Now I'm angry!

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 05:01 PM   #23
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Sorry, I really wanted to get on yesterday to tell you how I met the blue eyed wonder(he'd kill me for saying that) but the parents wouldn't let me on yesterday or else I would have had told you. I live like right NEXT to Jackson Hole Wyoming a VERY popular ski resort AND Yellowstone National Park. As it turns out Elijah was on his way to Yellowstone. AND Lava Hot Springs has been graced by Sandra Bullocks presense once so it's perfectly normal to have SOME kind of celebrity going to some famous place.
Anyway here's the story
My Dad was taking me to the Library in Pocatello, and we had to get some gas. Dad gave me a dollar to go and buy a drink or whatever. So while he was out filling up the car I was inside the c-store trying to choose between a Milky Way or a Carmello. I decided to get a drink, so I made my way to the deli section a LITTLE TOO fast might I add(I like to walk fast in c-stores. Strang oddity) and ran smack dab into this guy who had a bottle of pop and some munchies.
He said "Excuse me". I did what I normally would do, I looked at his face, opened my mouth to say"No I wasn't looking where I was going".
But instead of saying "No it was my fault" I said"OhhhhhhhhmyGOSH! Are you Elijah WOOD?!" He smiled that absoballylutly adorably cute smile and said"Uh huh. And you are?" I told him my name and did the typical "I'm a fan of yours. Thought LOTR was great" and all that. He said he was glad I liked it and asked me how old I was and all. I managed to tell him with out totally fainting away
I asked him why he was in Idaho and he said he was on his way to Yellowstone National Park for a small vacation before heading back to New Zealand. But other than that we talked for about five minutes ALL LOTR. Told him my favorite character was Sam and that one of my aliases was Sam. I even kind of asked him if he had any acting tips for me and he said"Confidence and perseverance REALLY help ALOT." Then I saw my Dad coming and said"Well better get my stuff up there" he grinned and walked me to the counter. My Dad looked at me REALLY weird but didn't say anything. Then when we left he waved to me and gave me thumbs up.
Sorry I didn't tell him about the Moot. Totally slipped my mind. *Winces in expectation of the blow that will PROBABLY come from Elf Girl*
Sam
ps. Where are Frodofriend and Rogue Elf.
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 05:22 PM   #24
Nibs
Head Hollara

What? No pictures? I'd expect you to steal a disposable camera if you couldn't afford one.

Kidding! That sounds spiffy... you met him on the way to the library? That makes for an interesting story starter.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.

Last edited by Nibs : 03-30-2002 at 05:55 PM.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 05:42 PM   #25
Elf Girl
Lurker

All right I'll forgive you this time. *fingers dagger-hilt ruefully* That's really cool, if it isn't some joke you made up.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 05:58 PM   #26
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Hmm...

If it is a joke, your story needs a little bit of work. ]: )
Old 03-30-2002, 08:38 PM   #27
Miriel Stormrider
Enting

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !

If you really met Elijah Wood...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FORGOT TO TELL HIM ABOUT ENTMOOT!!!
That is the one thing I'd like to discuss with any of the actors, should I ever meet one of them.

Lucky You bet you remember it the rest of your life.
Old 03-30-2002, 09:02 PM   #28
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Good for you Sam. If I were a young lady meeting a famous handsome young man that I admired, I don't think I could say (hey I gotta go, there's my dad) I would talk as long as he, Elijah would talk, and let him end it. If my dad interrupted, I would either introduce them, or act like I didn't know my dad.
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 10:52 PM   #29
Eruviel Greenleaf

You're joking, right? No, j/k. Lucky you, getting to meet someone you admire that much. . .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-31-2002, 12:45 AM   #30
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

wow i was prolly in that gas station only a few months before too. i hope he had fun in yellowstone.

ya know the hot spot is moving north, or i should say the north american plate is moving north and now old faithful is getting late. i had to wait n extra 45 minutes for it.

that is cool.. i would prolly freak out myself. esp. if i met orlando or merry ..

i want to hit the olson twins
Old 03-31-2002, 12:52 AM   #31
Evenstar
Elven Warrior

OMIGOSH OMIGOSH OMIGOSH!!! Samwise you are my idol!! How did you not faint!!!
How did you not faint and make him give you mouth to mouth!! (Sorry, that was my fantastys talking!!! j/k!)

I CANT BELIEVE YOU MET HIM!! What was he eating!! Can I move in with you!! Ok I'm done!!!
Old 03-31-2002, 12:59 AM   #32
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

There are times when I feel sorry for celebs. Dont you? I am not sure I could deal with all the love.
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 01:02 AM   #33
Eruviel Greenleaf

self-appointed protector of certain celebs from crazy fangirls here!

Actually, I'm not, but I would have to agree with Sister Golden Hair.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-31-2002, 08:50 AM   #34
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm......... not to be rude or anything...... but I really can't see any actors wanting to come.

I mean think about it,

doubtless we would all PESTER them to death with millions of PMs a day. whould you want that to happen to YOU?

Oh yes and there are SOME of you who would now LIVE on the moot (you know who you are, and so do I!) if he came on.

Besides, I went to this one stars official fan board for a while and the closest we ever got to talking to him was a few posts from his aid.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 09:50 AM   #35
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Good points, SGH and Tessar. Although, though I am a pretty big EW fan, I don't think I would be pmming him all the time, but that's beside the point because I know there those who would...you know who you are...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 09:59 AM   #36
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Oh, and I already live on the moot.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 10:05 AM   #37
Glorious Glorfindel
Elven Warrior

wow thats cool. its beyond cool..
its super cool! you are so lucky samwise if its true!
Na-chaered palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, si nef aearon!

add a drop of lavander to milk.
leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Glorious Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 10:13 AM   #38
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

Elijah Wood is sooo gay...
noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 10:39 AM   #39
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Jealous are we noldo? Can't stand to be not in the center of attention?
Old 03-31-2002, 11:29 AM   #40
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Wow! That is really cool! BUt i'm not sure if it's just me, but he's only an actor. I'd be more likely to want to meet Frodo but that's because i'm a fan of the books as well.

But still! I'd still be gobsmacked at meeting him!!! Oh my goodness, is Eowyn144 going to DIE when she hers this. Where is my mobile? How much do you reckon it'll cost to text Egypt?

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote