Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2002, 10:19 AM   #21
Radagast
Elven Warrior

I have very odd dreams, usually abstract and weird.
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
(The end for others sought)
Watch sloth and heathen folly
Bring all your hope to nought.

Last edited by Radagast : 08-23-2004 at 12:34 PM.
Radagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 10:47 AM   #22
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Sounds like a science fic movie, Radagast! I wish I had cool dreams like that, mine are all based in reality.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 12:10 PM   #23
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Okay, you think you have wierd dreams! I've had several LotR ones recently, but the non-LotR ones are wierder! One involved a very annoyed man, a chicken and a strange fixation with the colours red and green, but i can't tell you it here.

Last noght after reading this thread i contracted the dream about entmoot dream. It was still evil colours though and i couldn't look away! Eugh!

I had a nightmare a few nights ago. I was a hobbit sized person walking around the town centre near where i live. it was well sccarey being that small! People kept staring at me and i could see the ringwraiths on top of the buildings followning me so i began to run shouting, 'I haven't got it!' I can't rememver the next bit but then before i woke up i was suddenly in my old school classroom telling them they couldn't have my precious and the nine of them came towards me. I woke up and on my cieling is a very black poster which shocked me!

A while ago i had one where Legolas and i were sat in a tree shooting plastic ducks.

Then there was one other when i was on the LotR set with a freind. she'd stolen Gimlis axe and wouldn't give it back so i hit her with Gandalf's staff and she dropped the axe which cut a big hole in the floor and we all fell into it.

Is anyone else here able to control their dreams? If i realise im dreaming i can control it, its cool but wierd! Also does anyone dream of waking up but can't actually wake up? I hate that!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 02:06 PM   #24
Khadrane
Elf Lord

I had a dream last night. But it was just stupid, so I'm not going to waste my time to write it down.

Hey, look! It's my 200th post!

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 02:48 PM   #25
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
Also does anyone dream of waking up but can't actually wake up? I hate that!
Yeah, I hate that too. At the beginning of this year, getting up early was really hard for me (I get up at 5:00) and when my alarm clock would go off, I would usually be dreaming, or I'd dream that I heard my alarm clock, got up, turned it off, and went to go get dressed, but I wasn't really awake and so my alarm clock kept going until finally, after dreaming that I turned it off numerous times, I'd wake up and turn it off for real.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 03:14 PM   #26
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurelyn

Yeah, I hate that too. At the beginning of this year, getting up early was really hard for me (I get up at 5:00) and when my alarm clock would go off, I would usually be dreaming, or I'd dream that I heard my alarm clock, got up, turned it off, and went to go get dressed, but I wasn't really awake and so my alarm clock kept going until finally, after dreaming that I turned it off numerous times, I'd wake up and turn it off for real.
That must be awful!! I sometimes wake up then go into a kind of snooze where i dream i'm getting up. Then i hear daad coming up the staris to yell at me coz half an hour has gone past and im gonna be late!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 03-28-2002, 04:00 PM   #27
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

A couple of sundays ago, I dreamed that my alarm clock went off. In my dream, I turned it off and got up, showered, and got ready for church. I woke up for reals at 9:15. church starts at 9.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 04:03 PM   #28
notthatinnocent
Enting

A couple nights ago I had a nightmare that I was Buffy from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and me and my friends were in a submarine. The submarine was sinking and water was spilling in, we were on our way to drowning but I woke up.

After I went back to bed I had another dream. I was dreaming that I was trying out for cheerleading again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, THAT was a scary dream.

I had a reoccring dream when I was little that a man with a black SUV (like a toy car I used to have) would come and kidnap me. I also had manhy dreams about being bitten by the shark from "Jaws".

-Laura
Old 03-28-2002, 04:10 PM   #29
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Sometimes I'll be ahving really nice dreams when suddenly, some really annoying siren goes off. It's usually my alarm.

Sometimes I set my alarm for 'radio', and once, I was dreaming about looking at a painting, and the painting was called Blue Sky Afternoon. It was actually a very dreary picture of a girl playing tea under a grey sky. I turned to the curator (?) and said "This should be called 'Grey Sky Morning'." Then I woke up, and it turns out the Vertical Horizon song that has that line in it was playing.

Yet another time, I dreamt I was lost and someone kept calling my name. Turns out my mother was yelling at me to wake up
Old 03-28-2002, 04:14 PM   #30
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
A couple of sundays ago, I dreamed that my alarm clock went off. In my dream, I turned it off and got up, showered, and got ready for church. I woke up for reals at 9:15. church starts at 9.
How irritating!!
I woke up one moring at 5Am then realising the time set the alarm for 7. Then in my dream i woke, got up, showered etc. went to college and found my locker empty and my file not there!. I woke - except that was in the dream too, and my file was at home. When i reached my locker again there was everything in it, even my file, which i was also holding. I woke up. I thought this was a dream too and was confused. My file was not at home so i thought it was a=in my locker so went off to college to find it wans there either - but i was actually awake so had a panic trying to find it!!
Now that was annoying!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 03-28-2002, 04:20 PM   #31
aldesign
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
.....but the non-LotR ones are wierder! One involved a very annoyed man, a chicken and a strange fixation with the colours red and green, but i can't tell you it here.
Cant tell it here.
The colour thing is intreegin, and the chicken adds 2wice as much intrest.
If like u could PM me it. Its sounds funny.
lol

andy
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 04:46 PM   #32
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

The weirdest dreams are the in which ones you wake up crying...that's all I can really say.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 04:50 PM   #33
Radagast
Elven Warrior

BEHOLD MY NEW AVATAR! THE EYE OF RADAGAST SEES ALL!
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
(The end for others sought)
Watch sloth and heathen folly
Bring all your hope to nought.
Radagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 06:35 PM   #34
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
Sometimes I'll be ahving really nice dreams when suddenly, some really annoying siren goes off. It's usually my alarm.
Too True! My most hated posession is my alarm clock . . . although once I'm awake, I appreciate it for getting me up . . . I get up early so I can have an hour on Entmoot every morning.

Once I had a dream that was really out of character for me . . . I dreamt that I went to a different school than the one I really go to and we had a substitue, and he tried to kiss me. I kicked him in the shin, but it was really weird, 'cause I don't dream that stuff. It creeped me out for weeks. Ick . . .
Also, right after I moved two years ago, I had a dream where I went back to see what the new people had done to our old house, and they had flooded the backyard for a pond. I woke up crying from that one . . . but it was really strange, because I don't cry tears that often (dumb eyes . . . they dry out a lot, too) and so I was just shaking really hard. I didn't like that.
My dreams are just all-around odd . . . sometimes, in a dream, I'll wonder if I'm dreaming, and then decide I'm not dreaming. And usually the floor is tilted when I'm dreaming.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka

Last edited by Laurelyn : 03-28-2002 at 06:40 PM.
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:21 PM   #35
galadriel88

I had a really, really bad nightmare just out of the blue a while back. I dreamed that me, my parents, and my mom's parents went to a party at someone's house. It was held on the deck. Well, while we were all partying, the hosts of the party inroduced to everyone who would be doing the games. It was 2 guys, dressed all in black. They got up and asked for a volunteer. This lady went up, and as soon as she got there the guy pulled out a knife and grabbed her by the collar. Everyone gasped, and the guy said that the games tonight would be them killing everyone, but they wouldn't do it all at once, they would play with our minds and scare us a bit first. I got really scared, and when I thought the men had both turned their backs, I ran. But one of them saw me and told me that if I was to be treated kindly that I should sit back down. I walked back to my seat, but after I knew both men weren't looking, our whole family ran in different directions. I went to this nearby house, and was safe there. I don't remember much after that, except that a few days later I met up with my dad, and it turned out that my mom and grandpoarents had been found and murdered by the guys. I cried my eyes out, and when I woke up I was crying. Even after I realized it was a dream I kept crying. That one really scared me.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 04-25-2002, 06:19 PM   #36
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Last week was finals week, and I think the stress finally got to me.

One night I dreamed that I was writing my Principles of Teaching final, and there was this big red digital clock that was ticking down the seconds. I had my head down, and was writing furiously, but watching the clock at the same time. I wasn't anywhere near finished, and I watched the seconds go 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and at 1--my alarm clock went off.

My last final was on friday, and on thursday night I dreamed that i had just finished writing my last final, when I ran into a girl from my education classes. She told me that she had studied for twelve hours for the Ed. final that we had in 15 minutes. Then she asked me if I felt ready. I freaked out. When I woke up, my heart was racing.

I roomate told me that when she came in late one night, and I was already in bed, I sat up and started talking to her.(somehting like, "get wood for Laura"--don't ask because I don't know either) She asked me if I was really awake, and then I woke up for reals. The next day I could remember sitting up in bed, and having the sensation that I was talking, but couldn't control what was coming out of my mouth. Verrrrrry weird.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 06:48 PM   #37
galadriel88

My friend had a couple of really funny dreams.

She'd been watching "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" right before she went to bed. Our church was remodeling the building right around that time, and just before she went to sleep, she thought, "Hmm, I wonder how the building's coming along?" This was her dream. In it she was walking into the church building on a Sunday and saw Carmen Sandiego kill somebody, but she was the only one who saw her. After church was over she walked out of the building and saw carmen looking straight at her! Carmen started to chase her and my friend ran and hid in a little store nearby. Carmen followed her inside and was looking for her when she coughed, giving away her hiding place. Carmen walked over to her and pulled out agun. She didn't want to die so she made herself wake up just before Carmen pulled the trigger.

I'll tell the other one later, my hand is cramping up, ow!

Old 04-25-2002, 06:48 PM   #38
azalea
Long lost mooter

When I was a kid I used to have a dream about a monster made of rags (kind of looked like one of the Sandpeople form Star Wars) that I could hear coming. I would go run and hide as it slowly made it's way to where I was and it walked with a rhythmic "thump-thump". It would get louder and louder and finally I'd wake myself up (I can do that a lot of the time). When I finally told my parents about it, after having the dream many times, they realized that I was sleeping on my side and that I was hearing the thump-thump of my heart (you know how you can hear your heart beat if your ear is against the pillow sometimes?). The nightmare stopped after that.
I really hate the dreams (I've had it a couple of times) where it feels really real and you dream that someone is breaking into your bedroom window and you swear it's really happening, but you can't move at all and you wake up really scared and then can't get back to sleep because it freaked you out so much.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 10:45 PM   #39
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I remember having a nightmare like "The Frighteners" movie once. This Death-looking phantom was killing my friends until there was just me and one of my buddies left in our actual bodies. My other friends' souls followed him and me around, though. We were crossing this bridge when the phantom came by and tried pulling his soul out of his body, but I grabbed my friend and threw him on the other side, slipped on the bridge, grabbed the phantom, and pulled it down with me. For some reason I was the only one who could touch the phantom, and I fought to steal his scicle and severed his head off with it, and he turned into dust. Then I hit the bottom and it hurt reeeaaally bad. I opened my eyes and looked up to see my friend looking down at me, and everyone else's soul floated up into this bright white tunnel and disappeared. He started climbing down the side when I woke up. It was weird, yeah. I think I watched that movie one too many times.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 10:47 PM   #40
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

man... I thought I had some strange dreams... Anyway... When I was little i always had the same dream every night... well almost. I was always going on a walk with someone close to me. We would be walking along and a scraggly looking wolf would come up behind me. He would never attack me though. He had this one really long nail... and he used to tickle me with it... I could feel myself in bed tryin to get away from that stupid wolf. I always woke up sweating and near crying...

¿Which came first... the chicken or the egg?

¿How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote