Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-21-2002, 04:17 PM   #21
katya
Elven Maiden

oh my gosh. i just saw the movie...wow....as i have said before, i read the book, and also saw the old movie just after that. is everyone sure that the movie is about the same "the time machine" by H.G. Wells?!?!?! the only things that were at all the same were that the guy makes a time machine, and goes to the future and finds that the human race was divided into eloi and morlocks. and the morlocks eat the eloi. that is about it. the movie i didnt understand at all. it made no sense to me. for a while it did, but...wow...the special effects were pretty sweet though. and i thought the old movie had a few differences!! remind me not to complain about the lotr movies having slight variations. oh something i found interesting:the eloi that "alex" talks to is named mara. very close to maura. oh yeah by the way, the morlocks remind me of orcs. a little. ok well anyway i think i will stick to the old movie with it's not so great special effects, thank you.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 04:48 PM   #22
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

I thought the morlocks were freakier than the orcs!!

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
HobbitChick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 08:03 PM   #23
katya
Elven Maiden

ya me too. since my last post i have watched fotr again and there is that one scene i forgot where and it looks just like under the ground in the time machine, then sauraman i guess is that freaky head morlock dude. hey, they both have scarily straight white hair. the morlocks were very scary.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote