Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-17-2002, 03:23 AM   #21
Evenstar
Elven Warrior

AHHH

Everyone has made me want to go shopping!!! Where did you get a diary from???? And I want the calendar!!! I can tell that I am going to be broke tomorrow!!
I own the books and I kept the tickets when I went to see it!!! They are going in a frame!! I like some of the pictures that I drew of Gandalf and Gimli...but I would feel too concieted if I framed them!!!
Old 02-17-2002, 06:30 AM   #22
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Gollum

Oooh the calendar! I wanted the calendar too! Every year since 1997 I always had a Tolkien calendar, when I went to buy one for this year it was sold out. I made quite a quest of my own for it. Result: one entire day one the road, very weary feet and nooooo calendar. definately a drawback from the movie...no one was hardly ever interested in those things. Next year I'll buy him in September come hell or high water!
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 07:59 AM   #23
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

my fave is my only copy of lotr. its supposedly new but if u saw it u would say it loks about 50 yrs old!the cover is falling off, half the pges are bent, crumpled or ripped, it has several interesting stains on, and the spine is so bent i am actually afraid it will break.
i also have my ticket stubs!5 in total. arathorn-did u go to the premiere?if u did wow!!!!!!ur very lucky! if u didn't then oh.neva mind.
Old 02-27-2002, 01:41 PM   #24
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I did in manila eowyn144. It was so quiet, everyone in the theatre was hanging on to every line. And most people, me included, almost levitated to the next row when Bilbo went bug-eyed.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:05 PM   #25
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I have a 50th anniversary editon box set of all of the books including the hobbit. Its quite worn out though from all my families reading over the years

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 04:28 PM   #26
Glorious Glorfindel
Elven Warrior

i have the books 2!!!
they are also creased and worn, and i have ordered a calender off the web, well 2 in actual fact!!
they have sum REALLY cool pics in, u can also get sumthin like a student planner or sumthin, but it looks really good also
my other prized posesion is mycopy of silmarillion, which i STILL havn't read, and my Grandads copy of The Hobbit, which is currently lost sumwhere, in the depths of my room
Na-chaered palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, si nef aearon!

add a drop of lavander to milk.
leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Glorious Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 09:37 PM   #27
Nameless
Enting

I just got the CD set of the BBC LotR radio production. This is way too cool!! I've already listened to the first 3 CDs. At the moment this is my favourite Tolkien thing....
Old 03-02-2002, 07:16 AM   #28
Glorious Glorfindel
Elven Warrior

cool!
i wanted 2 get the CD's, but i really can't afford it right now!
i've spent so much money on other LotR things like books, calenders, posters and going 2 c the film 4 times doesn't really help my cash flow situation!
Na-chaered palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, si nef aearon!

add a drop of lavander to milk.
leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Glorious Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 01:15 PM   #29
Pailan
Elven Warrior

My favourite Tolkien stuff, well... that's hard to say.

Number one has to be my 1972, paperbacks of LotR with Tolkien's art on the front and his picture w/ pipe on the back.

Second is the calander from 1975, featuring the art work of Tim Kirk. January has THE BEST rendering of Smaug I have ever seen. And between June and July is a center fold of Bilbo meeting Gandalf and his door. (Nicely done pipes!) Tim Kirk's art remains among my favourites.

And number three is my First edition/first printing, hardcover of the Silmarillion.

And fast rising in my collection are the four Buger King lighted goblets. Lousy ad, great product.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.

Last edited by Pailan : 03-02-2002 at 01:18 PM.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 07:10 PM   #30
Khadrane
Elf Lord

I like my new edition one volumed version of LOTR (the one with with a Nazgul on the front) It's the only thing I ever won. Besides my poster of Frodo I won in the same contest.

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 02:20 PM   #31
Earenya
Elven Warrior

I have been looking for the old '73/ '65 paperback editions. Any suggestions? The old bookstores here have been cleaned out.
Tiro! El eria e mor
I 'lir en el luitha 'uren
Ai! Aniron...

FRODO LIVES!
Earenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 11:00 AM   #32
Pailan
Elven Warrior

You can snag those items on an auction site like eBay or Amazon.com auctions. Sometimes they are available for a good price too. Good luck.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 03:04 PM   #33
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

ooooooo!i just found out that my dad has a really old 1971 edition of lotr!its a plain brown hardback book and its now my favourite (and oldest) lotr thing
Old 03-05-2002, 04:43 PM   #34
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Does any one else has the Tolkien Bestiairy of David Day? It was the very first Tolkien-thing I came in contact with. I even remember the first time I read it (about 9 years ago, that's LONG in my book) Technically it's still my dad's but it has been residing in my room for say... 5 years ever since I read the Lord of the Rings.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote