Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-11-2002, 07:33 PM   #21
Gorhiriel
Elven Warrior

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD IT!!!!

BOROMIR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"And anon shall I Sail into the West: with the setting sun I shall remove my light from this world..."
Gorhiriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 08:22 PM   #22
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

It's not released yet, it should be released around late March.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 08:25 PM   #23
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

yea, downloading is bad... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 03-16-2002, 01:07 PM   #24
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Trailer news

I got this bit from Imladris.net.
Quote:
New Line has confirmed that the special Towers trailer will be three-and-a-half minutes in length. The footage will be tacked onto the end of Fellowship of the Ring, which is still playing in most venues. Director Peter Jackson himself was responsible for choosing and editing the footage that will give audiences a taste of this December's release. "I went through finished F/X shots and plucked the ones that looked really good," Jackson told EW.
Cool. Can't wait.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 12:11 PM   #25
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Well, it is March 22, and I've purchased my ticket already for the first showing of LotR with the new Two Towers trailer. RIGHT?????? It IS today, ISN'T IT?????

I kept seeing the date "March 22" over and over again, figured there might be a news release along with the release of the trailer, and I can't find anything so far. Oh well, if they do have the trailer I will certainly post a review.....with limited spoilage!
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 12:16 PM   #26
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Ah mon ami, not until friday the 29th. Today (I think) they are launching an effort to get the movie back into more theaters. Which is why I think so many oscar contenders wait towards the end of the year for their release. Keeps the box office draw up (especially if it wins) and maintanes freshness in the academy voters minds.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 12:21 PM   #27
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Ah, so now henceforth my viewings of "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" wihtout the trailer for the Two Towers will be known through the ages as "The Nine".
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 02:44 PM   #28
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Here is a link to another description of the Two Towers Trailer.

Talkback Board contains strong language

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=11837
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote