Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-31-2002, 07:34 PM   #21
ladyisme
Enting

Treebeard

I count myself as fortunate that the local cheap theater here always plays movies so much longer than any of the others so I can see the movie compleete with new trailer.

Quote:
"The road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began."
ladyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 06:25 PM   #22
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

It's gone off at my main cinema but there's a cheapo one near our place where it's on so I'll go there.
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 06:33 PM   #23
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

gone
Old 04-15-2002, 06:58 PM   #24
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by ArwenEvenstar
i live in Prince Edward Island, Canada. I hate it here, there's no good stores all the movie theatres SUCK on the plus side i still have the internet, no matter how slow Oh well im still gonna buy FOTR on video
I've always wanted to visit there because of the L.M. Montgomery books that take place there. But I have the same situation, the movie left the one theater in town that showed it (only one besides that) in Feb. But I got to see it both times I saw it in GA (where I used to live) when I visited, in a theater w/ digital sound, so it worked out to my advantage.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 08:01 PM   #25
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Aaaagggghhhhhh! LOTR is gone from where I live. I checked the paper last week (begining of April). I guess it lasted 3 monthes which is good. Now they have all crappy movies showing (compared to LOTR). Will I survive to Christmas?
Old 04-15-2002, 10:34 PM   #26
Earenya
Elven Warrior

It left my theatre at least 2 months ago. I had to drive 2hrs away last weekend to see it w/ TTT trailer!
Tiro! El eria e mor
I 'lir en el luitha 'uren
Ai! Aniron...

FRODO LIVES!
Earenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 04:16 PM   #27
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

It's still on in Sheffield! Yay!
I have seen it 7 times and im going again this saturday (i see it basically every week!). Last week it had the TTT trailer at the end and my jaw literally hit the floor. At the end every1 in the cinema was silent and i shouted "I'm definatly gonna see THAT" and EVERYONE turned round to look at me. I was so embarrased.
When it goes from my cinema i will be so bored at the weekends...

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 01:50 PM   #28
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

it has come to an end. lord of the rings (in my town) is no more.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:54 PM   #29
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

why oh why has the darkness of shadow laid its cruel Winter upon our town? Why? whhhhhyyyyy???

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 02:59 PM   #30
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

It still hasn't left here! It's always in at least one Seattle theater! Well, more opportunities to see the trailer again!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 04:34 PM   #31
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

i have seen LOTR for the 8th time 2day but the end is drawing near. The number of days the film is on for id growing less and less and the number of showings per day is also shrinking. There are going to be very few weeks left now
What am i going to do?

And the trailer is better the 2nd time.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Old 04-20-2002, 05:17 PM   #32
Eruviel Greenleaf

Trailer is even better the third time...*smack!* [consider the poor people who can't see it any more] Yeah, fotr is definitely fading, though it is thankfully still here!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-23-2002, 07:19 PM   #33
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

LotR is still playing down the road from me in East Windsor-

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (12:35), 6:40

This is most likely the last week though.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 04-23-2002 at 07:20 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 09:16 PM   #34
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil

This is most likely the last week though.
With Spiderman and StarWars:ATOC I can believe that.

I did, in the end of it all, get to see LotR 5 times, which I am happy with.
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 04:30 PM   #35
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

I have seen LOTR 9 times and the trailer for the Two Towers 3!
I cant believe that it is still being played at the cinema but loads of people still come. I mean it is never just me and Varda Oiolosseo (she doesn't want me to publish her name) in the cinema.
We have now been 3 Saturdays in a row...has anyone beat that?

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

Old 04-30-2002, 10:27 PM   #36
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

:)

Yay, it's still here. I didn't know, but my aunt and uncle watched LOTR, I didn't even know they liked it! Now we're ALL planning a big get together and going to see it again!

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 04:43 PM   #37
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

Lucky you
I wanna see it again!!!!
Can't go this week end becose my bro has a football match and we ALL have to go and watch him. Both Saturday and Sunday. Not fair.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

Old 05-01-2002, 11:03 PM   #38
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Ërendil
I have seen LOTR 9 times and the trailer for the Two Towers 3!
I cant believe that it is still being played at the cinema but loads of people still come. I mean it is never just me and Varda Oiolosseo (she doesn't want me to publish her name) in the cinema.
We have now been 3 Saturdays in a row...has anyone beat that?
Oh, I've seen it the same number of times, the movie and the trailer! I did see it two days in a row twice...seperate times. Can anyone beat that?

I'm pretty sure that next week will be FotR's last week, and I won't be able to see it again in that time. Oh well.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 05-02-2002, 04:03 PM   #39
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

Wow.
I'm sure that LOTR is comeing to an end here...i dont want it to go. All my weekends would be pointless and boring. What would i do on a Saturday? Go shopping with my parents? no thanks.
I feel so sorry for the poor people who have already been deprived of LOTR.
I want the next film to hurry up and come out, but then again i think that most people do.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

Old 05-02-2002, 10:54 PM   #40
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

It is still here in Colorado Springs at the big theaters (two theaters), and if it is still here this weekend I am going back to see it once again!
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote