Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2002, 04:11 PM   #21
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

People who make fun of things that they do not begin to comprehend.

Morons who think there intelligent.

People who will not stop talking about themselves.

People who are only concerned with physical appearance ,in themselves and others, and do not care about intellect.

People who know alot about one specific thing and think your an idiot just because you dont.

That stupid watery vinegar-like substance with small globules of ketchup that comes out when you don't shake the ketchup bottle up.

The crusty ketchup that develops on top of the ketchup bottle.

People using the spelling "catsup" instead of ketchup

People who believe things "just because"

I had the same expeirence as you Samwise, I dressed as frodo for the homecoming day favorite character day. I got a good 3/4 of my class to dress up as characters form LOTR. We spent four days and 30 some dollars getting the costumes and such together. My friend Jesse went home and welded for 15 hours to make our swords(They were very very realistic). My costume was already ready except for a vest which we made the day before.

The day when we came one of the hobbits had decided not to.
He made fun of us the entire day. It was infuriating. I had to curl my hair and I looked IMO very hobbit-like. This was one of his favorite aspect of the day to make fun of.

Afterwards they chose the best dressed class . They chose the class that did Duct Tape day because the judge "wasn't all that fond of LOTR".
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 05:50 PM   #22
fireworks19
Elven Warrior

DUCT TAPE DAY? That's awfully....generic.

My school does the same 5 themes every year for homecoming week....Color wars, Hawaiian day, brown and gold day, crazy hair day and camo day. Its annoying that they have no imagination. This year we almost got one changed....Pajama Day instead of Color Wars, but apparently, pajamas are against the dress code. *sigh* And grass skirts and cocconut bras are not?!

Anyway, people that tell me how thin I am make me mad...Like I don't feel insecure enough because I'm so bony, they have to go and point it out. And the ones that tell me I have really long hair. Its like, no, really? Is that what that is? I thought it was wombat....*rawr*

Also, the people that obsess over grades and cry when they get a B and the ones that are too stuck up to talk to me and my friends because we wear an awful lot of black....*sigh*
Old 01-20-2002, 06:35 PM   #23
Alethes
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by CardenIAntauraNauco

I had the same expeirence as you Samwise, I dressed as frodo for the homecoming day favorite character day. I got a good 3/4 of my class to dress up as characters form LOTR. We spent four days and 30 some dollars getting the costumes and such together. My friend Jesse went home and welded for 15 hours to make our swords(They were very very realistic). My costume was already ready except for a vest which we made the day before.

The day when we came one of the hobbits had decided not to.
He made fun of us the entire day. It was infuriating. I had to curl my hair and I looked IMO very hobbit-like. This was one of his favorite aspect of the day to make fun of.

Afterwards they chose the best dressed class . They chose the class that did Duct Tape day because the judge "wasn't all that fond of LOTR".
That whole thing does sound infuriating. Duct Tape Day isn't nearly as interesting as LOTR.

I really don't like spirit weeks. In our last one, we had a dodgeball tournament. Everyone was supposed to participate, and every class was a team (i.e. juniors, freshmen, etc.) I go to a small school (16 people in my grade), so this was feasible. I tried to quietly get out of it (I am not AT ALL athletic, and fairly small -- not strong), but our StuCo reps told me I couldn't.

On the day of the pep rally, I learned that we would be facing the class just older than ours. This class has more people than ours, they are much more aggressive, and all of them are much bigger than the people in my class. Pitting us against each other was an incredibly stupid move. Of course, they creamed our class and ended up winning the prize for most spirit. Oh, and each class also had to decorate a section of the hall as part of the spirit contest, and that same class copied all of my class' decor. We were all just a little angry by the end of the day.
-Proverbs 22:11
Alethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 11:01 PM   #24
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Carden,the judge didn't choose you as the best because he, personally, didn't like LOTR???That's not fair at all. Judging should be based on quality, not personal tastes. And he replaced it for duct tape??? Hmm...very intelligent judge...
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 10:58 AM   #25
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

I'm posting pictures up on a thread in the general message forum on the thread called homecoming that show what we looked like if your interested.

Thank you all for your endorsement.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.

Last edited by CardenIAntauraNauco : 01-23-2002 at 11:01 AM.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 10:57 PM   #26
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Yes, stupid people who think that they have brains . . .*shudders*
And it also makes me mad when my mom comes in and kicks me off Entmoot so she can use the computer . . .
Actually, what makes me the maddest is people who are either deliberately annoying to me or people to insult me.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:14 PM   #27
Sakata
Elven Warrior

The kids at school with spiky purple hair who call ME the freak...

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Sakata is offline   Reply With Quote