Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-15-2002, 08:05 AM   #21
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Quote:
Originally posted by Butterburr
At a restraunt recently my four-year old daughter announced loudly, "Mommy and Daddy, my vagina itches!"
*opens his mouth to speak, cries, shuts his mouth, and walks off*
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 03:10 PM   #22
Reverie
Enting

One of my favorite stories concerning my niece is more cute than funny. She was then 2 and we (her parents, my husband and myself) had just arrived back at their place. We all got out of the van and were teasing my niece by saying good-bye, pretending that we were going to leave her strapped in the car seat. She got pretty frustrated and yelled "Hey! I'm NOT laughing!!" We sure did!
Oh! I just remembered another one. My husband and I had her for the weekend. It was warm and the windows were down in the car. At a stoplight she looks at the driver in the next lane, starts shaking her little fist screaming "Idiot! Idiot!" The guy shot us a terrible look and drove off. When we asked her why she did that she said proudly "Daddy's not here, I can do it all by myself!"
Old 01-23-2002, 10:34 PM   #23
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Lol *raises eybrows*

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 09:32 AM   #24
Nimrodel
Hobbit

Tee Hee . Just don't give her the book "The day my bum went psycho".
Nimrodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 10:46 PM   #25
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
bump

My choir teacher had an interesting story to tell.

Over Easter, he went to his fiancee's for dinner, and she has a really BIG family. Well, his soon to be four year old niece came up to him and hugged him around the knees. Then she stepped back and said "Your hair is weird" quite loudly.

Not many overweight 26 year olds have bleached hair though.
Old 04-01-2002, 11:34 PM   #26
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

lol... these stories are hilarious... i don't have any to match them! i can't believe that a 3-year-old can read though! my sister used to make me memorize whole books and then recite them for my mother to make her think i could read. my sis did teach me how to read though...
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 11:48 PM   #27
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

If only Art Linkletter still had his show. With these stories, it'd have to come on HBO or Cinemax or something.

That first story about the butt wiping had me rolling around laughing, though. I'm looking forward to future stories in this thread.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 11:49 PM   #28
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

gotta love kids. My sis taught me how to read when I was four. She came home from kindergarten, and taught me everything she had learned.

I babysat for one family for a long time. One summer, while at a parade, I ran into the mother and two sons. The eldest boy (at the time he was seven or eight) plopped down on the curb next to me, and proceded to spill out his train of thought, as he watched the firetrucks, horses, and floats pass by. When a clown came by passing out balloons, he informed me that he was the best balloon blower-upper ever. "Do you know why?" he asked me. I solemly informed that I didn't know. "Because", he explained, "my mom says I'm full of hot air."
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 11:59 PM   #29
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

When I finished kindergarten, my mom tells me that I thought I was finished with school and knew all I needed to know. When I had to go to 1st grade, she tells me that I said "What? There's more?" Imagine my surprise. 11 years later and I'm still not done.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 06:48 PM   #30
Earenya
Elven Warrior

Haha, these are great!

At the orthodontist's a nineteen-month old girl was with her mom, waiting on her brother (who was seeing the doc). As a woman in the reception area began to dote on her, the mom said, "Laugh for her, hon, will you laugh for her?" The little girl scrunched up her eyes, spread her mouth like a chimp and went, "heheheheheheheh" like a hienna, repetitively. (Hard to explain over internet, but QUITE hilarious.)

Aparently when I was old enough to know I would not be given the delicious but bad-for-you chicken skins off of my parent's plate of fried chicken, I grabbed the skins from my grandpa and shoved all of them in my mouth at the same time.
Tiro! El eria e mor
I 'lir en el luitha 'uren
Ai! Aniron...

FRODO LIVES!
Earenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 12:16 AM   #31
TinuvielChild
Padawan

ok, now everyone will think i'm weird, but...i could read by 2 1/2, at age 2 i would not stop talking unless i didn't trust the people around me. i didn't trust my doctor, and he wondered if i could talk. now, the wallpaper in that doctor's office had jungle animals on it, and my mom pointed to a hippo and asked me what it was (to prove i could talk). i said one word: hippopotamus.

i first read the Hobbit when i was 4. i never watched Sesame Street. i skipped first grade. now i'm a rabid Tolkien addict. the lesson here is, if you want your child to be a child prodigy, be prepared to house a rabid Tolkien addict later on in life.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 12:18 AM   #32
TinuvielChild
Padawan

when i was in kindergarten, my favorite books were Roald Dahl (supposedly 6th grade reading level. whoopdedoo.). my absolute favorite though was the BFG, or the Big Friendly Giant. does anyone remember that book? frobscottle and whizzpoppers! ahhh..i'm taking a long stroll down good ol' Memory Lane (which isn't often this pleasant...*dark thoughts* don't ask.)

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 02:23 AM   #33
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Well I'm not one to brag but... since TinuvielChild is blowing her trumpet....

I learnt to read in Kindy too.

Anyway, when I was a wee lass, a long, long time ago, my uncle and aunt used to take me out places, because I was a "lovely quiet child". Anyhoo, one of these occasions was the zoo. Apparently, I forevermore tarnished my "lovely quiet" bit, when I pointed to some chimpanzees making whoppee, and shouted: "WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!"
Old 04-04-2002, 10:20 AM   #34
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Well I was at ym first gymnastics class and I was going to do my first try at the vault!

so I ran and hopped off the spring board.....missed the vault..... and draged the coach almost all the way over with me...

now I just stick to kicking them on acident "Oh my gosh im so sorry are you ok?!" "Yea, I'm fine. you can't hurt me" hehe he never said that again after I REALLY wiped him out. now he is more careful.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 11:23 AM   #35
Elf Girl
Lurker

Roald Dahl? 6th grade reading level?! That's impossible! Those books are easy!

I'm not a child prodigy, I started to read late, but now I read more than my entire grade put together. Just goes to show that some people like to make up for lost time.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 09:51 PM   #36
Khadrane
Elf Lord

A girl I know mispronounced something while reading the Bible. I'm not going to say it here, but it was funny.

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 10:40 PM   #37
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Quote:
Originally posted by Khadrane
A girl I know mispronounced something while reading the Bible. I'm not going to say it here, but it was funny.
She pronounced the book of Job like job (as in something you get paid for)? I do it all the time, so embarrassing. JUST KIDDING.
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 12:33 AM   #38
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

well, I used to call the book of psalms the book of palms.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 10:21 AM   #39
Khadrane
Elf Lord

Quote:
She pronounced the book of Job like job
Quote:
well, I used to call the book of psalms the book of palms.
Worse. Much worse.

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 02:27 PM   #40
Daughter of Elros

I had no clue that books existed until I was about 4. then, i read under the covers with a flashlight at night, and I was addicted to books. by the time I was in first Grade, I could Read novels, write stories, and was wroking on mastering the skill of Division. I didn't start really talking until I reached school age though, because my first language was American Sign Language, not English, and When I was little, I prefered to cmmunicate in sign
Daughter of Elros is offline   Reply With Quote