Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-14-2002, 03:28 AM   #21
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

Well I've been to the Twin Towers a ton of times and my uncle used to work on the 100+ floor.

Whether the Two Towers came out in 2001 or 2010 - I disagree with changing the title. It's the title of the book and people should stop making everything so Politcally Correct. I was upset by the removal of them in movies such as Zoolander and others. They existed and we can't change what happened. Erasing them from movies or changing titles will not change history. I was more upset by CNN showing the people jumping and falling from the buildings. (Although I have pictures that I have been sent of the people jumping - I refuse to put them up on my website)

I'd rather see the Twin Towers standing there proudly at the foot of Manhattan than see the excavation of Ground Zero everyday on the news. Yes we get to see it everyday on the news - in the heart of where the majority of the victims families live. Luckily I don't know anyone directly - but basically you can't go a mile here without running into some family that has been.

The towns throughout New Jersey and New York will be dotted with permanent memorials for all the victims of the respective towns. The train stations are also having memorials for the communters that used to leave from those stations. So the people directly affected - can NOT get away from it. The people that live here - can NOT get away from it. Here all you have to do is just turn on the news and see that the Twin Towers no longer stand at the foot of Manhattan, not to mention the daily update on progress.

The Twin Towers were a prominent feature on every newscast and weather report. And when you see them missing it's a reminder of what happened. That 3,000 people that went to work one day - never came home.

They're now working around the South Tower area. This is where the majority of victims are located since the South Tower was hit second yet collapsed first not to mention that they weren't even thinking it was going to collapse.

I think the last two days (6 months later) they've recovered 10 bodies.

They may have removed all the top level debris - but their working underground now in the basement and subway areas. They say they expect to find most of the firefighters, policeman and people that were trying to evacuate the buildings at this level.

Just my thoughts on the subject from someone living in the middle of it.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 11:12 AM   #22
Gerbil
Elf Lord

And of course because of the massive destruction and fire many families will not receive the bodies of their loved ones for burial.

In many cases, these memorials and the actual memory of what happened will be all these people have.

To deny them even this seems pretty sick to me really.
Old 03-14-2002, 11:25 AM   #23
dark over lord
Hobbit

changing the name would just show how america's family values are going down the tubes. ok so that's not true but it would still be wrong to change the name
The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic, for now I find, I have no choice at all. I am a warrior, let the battled be joined.

-dinobot, and me, before i went and got myself shot-

The sleeper has awakend, i am the prince of all sayans once again-Vegeta-
dark over lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 11:27 AM   #24
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Dark Over Lord - is that Trunks in your avatar pic?
Old 03-14-2002, 11:28 AM   #25
dark over lord
Hobbit

yes it is trunks, gerbil
The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic, for now I find, I have no choice at all. I am a warrior, let the battled be joined.

-dinobot, and me, before i went and got myself shot-

The sleeper has awakend, i am the prince of all sayans once again-Vegeta-
dark over lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 11:58 AM   #26
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Nice
DBZ rulez!

For epic battle scenes maybe PJ should watch a few episodes!
Old 03-14-2002, 12:29 PM   #27
Halley_Brandybuck
Elven Warrior

I was watching Little Nicky with my dad one day in October and there was this one scene with Nicky sitting on a park bench with the manhattan skyline int the background and my dad turned to me and said "Weird ain't it?"

changing the title of TTT and with all of the editing out that's been done of movies is just like never ever playing an Aaliyah song and taking all of her albums off the shelves because of her death

it's stupid and pointless

I am in search of an MPEG version of the trailer... if anyone finds one, let me know!

Do not meddle in the affairs of females for they are PMS-ing and quick to batter.

"He fears you Aragorn, and what you may become"

Two Towers in 6 months!
Halley_Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 02:00 PM   #28
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

Gerbil - I hope you didn't think that I was saying there shouldn't be memorials around here. I was just saying that I question who the title of The Two Towers would be changed for. It wouldn't be in consideration of the victims families - because we have constant reminders here that will never go away. As long as the Twin Towers are missing from New York's skyline- that will be the greatest reminder.

Halley_Brandybuck - I know what you mean. I haven't seen Little Nicky - but the DVD is at Target and every time I see the cover I think how odd it is that they don't exist anymore. Not to mention that they're in AI and so many other movies and TV shows.

I hope Hollywood restrains itself and doesn't erase all references to them. I know Steven Speilberg has already made dialog changes to ET.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 02:11 PM   #29
Nibs
Head Hollara

I don't think it would make much sense. True, we all mourn for those who perished in the attack and have deep respect for those fighting for it as we speak, but I don't see how changing the title to an unrelated movie would help. That's definitely not what Tolkien meant by "The Two Towers."

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 02:47 PM   #30
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Gerbil - I hope you didn't think that I was saying there shouldn't be memorials around here.
Not at all, I'm in complete agreements with your sentiments about it all.