Elven Icon Maker

Would we exist then?

"Orange is the new pink, and men are the new women."
noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 06:32 PM   #22
anduin
Entwife

Quote:
But aren't you all "separatists" in your own way then? Each part of a certain group of religion, political way of thinking... etc. There you condemn such ideals as communism, and at the same time saying "all should be one, hope there was no religion, different cultures or languages." Is the American way the only way?
Who are you referring to? You keep saying "you"....and then you mention the American way. I was wondering if you could clarify.

Would we exist? Maybe, maybe not. When you are talking about Lennon's world in Imagine you are talking about a different reality. When you enter into different realms, anything is possible and all conventional thought goes straight out the window. Perhaps we would exist, but unlike before and maybe even better. Who's to say....
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 08:28 AM   #23
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

By "you" I refer to those who actually believe in a world like that, I myself don't. Never could. I don't mean to blackpaint anyone... Especially not the American members of the board, nor the U.S.

To me "Imagine" is a cry for a better and more peaceful world, not just a hypothesis or a different reality. And the way some seem to interpret it makes it even more intergrated. If there truly was meant to be a one world culture (as the song says), wouldn't that be the one of North-American and Western world? By the "American way" I mean that.

Last edited by noldo : 10-01-2001 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-01-2001, 11:11 AM   #24
Darth Tater
The man

Noldo, ya got it all wrong. This is by John Lennon, remember? Last time I checked the American way didn't include LSD in supermarkets
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 07:14 PM   #25
anduin
Entwife

Not to mention this same America tried to have him sent back to England forever.
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 11:20 PM   #26
ringbearer
Elf Lord

And, this same America allowed him free speech, and allows anyone to believe, or not believe, as they desire! This same America did not ban his writings. If they tried to deport him, they failed...because of our justice system! Being 45, I grew up listening to John. Some things I loved, some I hated...but I did not hate him for it! The song Imagine is a very good song, and also very profitable, during the era of its writing...World Peace
sold records! If Lennon had been alive today, wouldn't it have been Way Cool to here him singing it on America: A Tribute to Heroes!!!

P.S. Records=CDs

Hide Witch, hide!
The Good Folks come to burn thee!
Their keen enjoyment hid behind
A Gothic mask of duty!

Last edited by ringbearer : 10-01-2001 at 11:22 PM.
ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 09:02 AM   #27
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

Okay, that's not exactly what I meant, but who cares?

Old 10-03-2001, 07:14 PM   #28
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

(This is Miriel Stormrider)
Your right, Tater, it is nice to think of a world of peace where everyone gets along. However, as someone above said, it would be no fun if everyone was the same. I think that a world of different religions living and working together and learning from each other would be a much richer, happier world than one with no religion. And if there is no heaven, what is the point of living, suffering, and trying to be good?(Though I totally agree with you that if heaven exists, then so does hell.)

That was a great telethon. My family and I (except Tesser, he was at Gym), saw the whole thing. I really liked it at the end when everyone stood up and sang together.
- Miriel Stormrider
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 07:19 PM   #29
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Oops, sorry y'all! I accidently posted before reading the second page. So if my post seemed off topic, that's because it was.
- Miriel Stormrider
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote