Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 12:00 PM   #21
poppy
Hobbit

Although im not an American my heart goes out to all those who have lost there lives and members of there family's i know my words cant change what has happened but just to let you all know that me and my family are thinking of you in you time of need.
Old 09-12-2001, 01:47 PM   #22
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

This morning when I woke up I thought it all had just been a bad dream. It all just seems too unreal.

I do think that who ever did this should be brought into justice, but I wouldn't want the U.S. to respond with weapons. With the situation being what it is, I see no way for those responsible to go on living unpunished.

Last edited by noldo : 09-12-2001 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-12-2001, 01:55 PM   #23
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

you don't want us to respond with weapons??? What the hell are we supposed to use....flowers. Get a clue. THese people don't respect anything short of terminal force. It's the attitude you expressed that keeps them going and allows them to go unpunished and indeed harbored and tollerated by many countries. I truly hope you never experience such an event in your home town or capital. God help you.
Old 09-12-2001, 02:23 PM   #24
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Weapons are, unfortunately, going to be required. In all likelihood, should a country be revealed to be behind this or refuse to give up the guilty party, they will be hit with enough force that many more innocents will die. As with Hiroshima - an act will be done with enough brutality to return justice on the guilty, and more importantly, as a show of power and a display of vengeance. This is the politically correct thing to do, if not the morally right answer.

And yet, people have to remember not to take the blame too far. Punish the guilty, not the innocent. While Palestinians and other arabs celebrate, they have also suffered under oppresion for years that they associate with capitilism and america. They are raised from childhood to believe that we are wrong, and have suffered throughout their lives, blaming us. That does not give the right for the murder of innocents - but it does show why they would react with joy to such an event. Not an excuse, certainly, but a reason. If you hate them in response, it only continues the same thing. There are already reports of people of Arabian descent within the states being mobbed or rioting - yet they are innocent of this. Don't follow stereotypes blindly. Seek justice, yes, but try, if you can, to avoid blind hate and revenge.
Old 09-12-2001, 02:35 PM   #25
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Well said.
Old 09-12-2001, 02:56 PM   #26
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

I said I didn't WANT the U.S. to respond using weapons and by that I meant swift military action. Who knows what could that lead into. But like Mathron said, I'm afraid something like that is going to be required.

Yesterday was a sad day for everybody and many people now want to see the people who did this punished. Many talk about "nuking them all", the mass hysteria just growing all the time. It is just important that we get the right people, killing innocents is no solution.
Old 09-12-2001, 04:12 PM   #27
Finmandos12
Elven Warrior

While we do not want to kill innocents, the guilty must be punished. The difference between us and them is that they targeted civilians, if civialians die because of us it will be a result
Old 09-12-2001, 04:29 PM   #28
galadriel1
Elven Warrior

Re:

Unfortunately, there are always innocent lives lost. It cannot be helped. It would be impossible to go after those responsible without innocent people dying in the process. It`s a fact of life. We don`t like it but it`s what happens. These terrorists will think nothing of using human shields to protect themselves and yes, they would even use ther own people as such! They have no ethics nor morals nor conscience. That is what makes a terrorist so dangerous! And it makes me disgusted to see some people in the Middle East dancing and celebrating the occurrence of these horrific events and celebrating the deaths of so many innocent people! How can the human race still be so barbaric?!? It saddensme deeply! And now there are reports that a man from New Castle, PA (an area not that far from my town) may be involved somehow. It makes me sick!

As I picked up the newspaper this morning, I hoped that the front page would not display those horrible images that were played over and over yesterday, hoping that it had somehow been a terrible dream, that somehow the pictures would not be there. And then to see them, knowing it is all too real. The sight of the American flag in the center of our small town flying at half mast confirmed the news even further.

The mood in the newsstand was very subdued, very quiet. I could see the same reaction as each person picked up their paper, seeing the pictures, knowing it HAD indeed happened, tears pouring from their eyes. Outside on the streets and in the small cafes where people were gathering for breakfast, I noticed people connecting with each other more and parents holding their children a little tighter. A very emtional morning. It is sad that it always takes something tragic for people to come together and for people to express their feelings to their loved ones. This should be something we do on a daily basis.

Perhaps the ONLY good thing to come out of this tragedy IS the fact that the Country and its people do seem to be coming together. It was wonderful to see the Republicans and Democrats coming together to unite in support. It would be nice to see these effects last past this tragedy and to see people come together in unity on a daily basis.
Old 09-12-2001, 06:58 PM   #29
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Fear!Fire!Foes!AWAKE!!!!

I'm only Thirteen.I dont remember when the Towers were bombed in 93 and I have never thought something worse then Pearl Harbour could happen,I believed I was safe and secure...until now. The possiblility of war has never exicted in my mind,I thought we were free from war...until now,and now that it comes to it frightens me. We should all pray wether or not we beleive in God we should still pray for the Government,the victims and their families, the people in charge of uncovering the evedince and bodies from the rubble,and the country that attacked us.
I say that because they are LOST.The leaders who planned this are lost and the children and wives of the men who hijacked the planes in what they beleived was for the best of their country.My heart goes out to the families of those men a thousand times.The childrens fathers were yes doing a horrible deed and that in no means excuses them but to die like that,no human being should go through knowing they would die engulfed in flames even the hijackers.I pray for their families as much as I pray for the people who died trying to rescue people from the buildings and the victims.
Sam
ps. as much as I hate to say yes we should go to war to destroy the country that attacked us.
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 09-12-2001, 09:13 PM   #30
Finmandos12
Elven Warrior

It was very touching to hear the members of Congress, Democrats and Republicans alike, singing "God bless America."
Old 09-12-2001, 09:38 PM   #31
anduin
Entwife

Well it is about time! You know what our motto says, "United we stand, divided we fall"!
Old 09-12-2001, 09:51 PM   #32
AACHOO
Enting

THERE ARE NO CIVILIANS

In WAR there are no civilians. Citizens not in the ACTIVE military are nonetheless contributing to any WAR effort. Without them an Army could not fight. No bullets,food,vehicles etc.

Think of these hypotheticals:

Poland 1939-German soldier spares cute 12 yr old boy.Poland 1945-16 yr old veteran resistance fighter kills another soldier.

Vietnam Iran-Iraq Kashmir Ethiopia Sudan this applies in all these WARs due to their length.

It applies now.

The world will change in the blink of an eye.It will never be the same again thanks to Terrorists and their fanatic countrymen dancing in Middle Eastern streets.No Quarter will be asked or given until every country hands over those Terrorists within their borders to America to punish.If they do not we should punish all of them.

Safety in the air? We know their face NO Arabs on commercial flights for their safety and ours.Police protection of all mosques to prevent emotional mob violence.

Check the news:Egypt,Gaza,West Bank,Iraq,Iran,Syria,Afganistan,
Pakistan,Lebanon,Yemen,Libya----All celebrating,dancing praising the perpetrators praying for American deaths.Here there are no stereotypes only the face of our enemies

Those innocent people screaming as they died a horrible death.......... Stereotypes indeed.Will you board an airliner with 6 Arab men?

Is this the solution is it all they will understand? One Islamic Capitol a day-One Tactical Nuclear Cruise Missle a day until ALL Terrorists are DEAD or Handed in CHAINS to America.

No matter where they are or what organisation they belong to they are our enemy.

"Cry HAVOC! and let slip the Dogs of WAR"

"Our heads will bow in prayer for our fallen countrymen but for nothing else"--Me

The Middle East has had centuries to clean up their back yard and now they have jumped the fence into our front yard.

Keep Your Powder Dry

Last edited by AACHOO : 09-12-2001 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-12-2001, 10:26 PM   #33
juntel
Entmooter

AACHOO's finest day: blatant putrid racism.

You are no better than the worse of these terrorists: they act their way because they think americans and their allies are all like you.

But they are wrong because...

Fortunately, you don't represent americans.

Fortunately, your government doesn't have your mentality.

Fortunately, there are too few of you (with McVeigh dead, there are less still).

Last edited by juntel : 09-12-2001 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-12-2001, 10:36 PM   #34
Darth Tater
The man

Bloodshed of innocent Palestinians is just as bad as bloodshed of innocent Americans. The deaths of innocents in horrible, horrific, now matter who or where.

ACHOO, you should be ashamed. Those shots of celebrations were isolated events, and reports say that is NOT how it is being generally accepted over there
Old 09-12-2001, 10:45 PM   #35
Sakata
Elven Warrior

I belive the god's punishment on the childern that rejoyced at the death of americans will be far worse than anything we can (and probley will) drop out of an airplane.

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Old 09-12-2001, 11:00 PM   #36
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

AACHOO - you just justified the terrorists actions.

In their mind, we are the enemy, and they are fighting a hidden war against us, for our oppression of them.

Why do they not hesitate to kill civilians? Because, in war, there are no civilians.

So they feel free to commit horrible acts. You may be on a different side but, apparently, have the same sentiments.

You have said, multiple times, that some standards must apparently be applied to all arabs and all middle eastern countries. This is racism.

Would I want to fly on an airliner with 6 arabs? Sure. I don't judge people by their race or creed.

I am sure you are hurting inside. I am sure you have reason to feel pain, and anger, and resentment. But hatred is not the way to do it - punishing innocent children is not the way to do it - calling for completely bigoted laws is not the way to do it.

Find a way to help productively. Give blood. Comfort friends and family. Hope this ends in peace, with the villains brought to justice and executed, and no more innocents slain. But try not to give in to blind hate and rage.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:30 PM   #37
AACHOO
Enting

84% of us feel this way

The Laws already exist ILLEGAL alien are considered felons and inelligeble for future immigration legally.

Rascism it is NOT. It is realism.
Reality=Arab Terrorists attack America killing thousands.
Reality=Arab world rejoices.
Reality=266 dead due to tolerance.
Reality=Terrorism not stopped since its inception lead to this.
Reality=WAR = No civilians.
Reality=US or them.No middle ground.The line has been drawn in the blood of thouands of Americans who were civilians because a WAR was not declared.
Reality=We cannot harbor our enemies.

And you must have missed that part about "ILLEGAL,their safety and ours,...protection of all mosques to prevent emotional mob violence."

No one in this country should strike out UNTIL a FORMAL Declaration of WAR is signed.By that time all ILLEGAL aliens need to have been shown the door.

I've donated blood twice and sent $5000.00 to support agencies my family can do without luxuries.

I don't hate them I pity them.They've made their bed time to sleep in it.

My Rage is clearly focused and I sit in dread for the call to ARMS.I will return to duty when called and serve my country as needed.LEGALLY without resraint,With resolve, no Quarter asked or taken until my country sleeps in peace or my life is given for my country.

Terrorists only understand one language:Superior force. We have it they will lose.In totality or the conflict will NEVER end.

Violence begets violence only if the other side survives.

The truth though sometimes bitter and seemingly hateful is in the end still the truth.

Wednesday Sept. 12, 2001 12:20 PM EDT
Retaliate Now! Americans Tell Pollsters

An overwhelming majority of Americans surveyed support a swift and devastating military response the yesterday's deadly terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C., two polls taken overnight reveal - with two-thirds telling one pollster they don't care if innocent civilians are killed in the process.

94 percent of those questioned told an ABCNews/Washington Post survey that if the United States can identify the groups or nations responsible for Monday's attacks, they would support taking military action against them.

Of those who backed military action, 92 percent said they would do so "even if it meant getting into a war."

Even apart from yesterday's attacks, 84 percent told the ABC/Post survey they'd back "military action against the countries that assist or shelter terrorists."

A CBS News survey found that two-thirds of Americans surveyed now favor military retaliation even if innocent civillians are killed in the process, director of surveys Kathleen Frankovich told the network.

from----Newsmax.com

On Tuesday night, Palestinian security services barred photographers from recording scenes of joy in Nablus as crowds sang the praises of alleged Arab terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden, a prime suspect in the unclaimed attacks on the United States

from---JERUSALEM (AFP)

TIMES NEWS NETWORK
Times of India

LONDON: In London, a disabled Muslim cleric pronounces on the attacks in New York and Washington: "America had it coming".

Yahoo News Asia
Wednesday, September 12 2:50 AM SGT

CAIRO, Sept 11 (AFP) -
Egyptian students, taxi drivers and shopkeepers crowded round television sets stacked up in electrical store windows in downtown Cairo Tuesday evening, celebrating a string of elaborate attacks on New York and Washington.

"Bullseye," commented two taxi drivers as they watched footage of the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York shrouded in plumes of smoke after two presumably hijacked planes slammed into them earlier in the day.

Another Egyptian man, Gawish Abdel Karim, told AFP he was pleased with the wave of violence in which another plane crashed into the Pentagon in Washington, the heart of the US defence establishment.

"Nice work," said Abdel Karim, who drives a car for an Asian embassy.

"The Americans have forgotten that God exists. They have us by the throat and now they find themselves in a science fiction film scenario, but this time Rambo's not there to save the White House."

Anti-US sentiment has mushroomed on the streets of Egypt and other Arab countries over its widely-perceived support for Israel over the Palestinians in the past 11 months of violence in the Middle East.

Abdel Karim hailed the attacks as "the best thing that's happened since the October War," referring to the October 1973 Arab-Israeli war when Egyptian forces made a surprise attack on the Israeli army across the Suez Canal.

"Mabruk! Mabruk! (congratulations)", shouted a crowd of people huddled round the shop window.

Egypt, considered one of the "moderate" countries in the Middle East, is one of the United States' strongest allies in the region, being the first Arab country to sign a peace treaty with Israel in 1979.

But people on the streets do not necessarily see themselves as US allies.

"The Americans are cowards. They use other countries to hit us. They don't have the courage to meet us face to face," said Khalil Matar, 43, who works in a state-run soap factory. "The myth of the indestructible United States has gone up in smoke."

Polytechnic student Amira Ryad also vented her anger.

"We saw the tower crash down," she said, referring to one of the two towers of the World Trade Center, both of which were razed by the attack.

"I only wish (US President) George Bush and his dear little baby (Israeli Prime Minister Ariel) Sharon had been buried in there too," she added.

Fellow student Murad went as far as speculating that the United States was behind the attacks, "to find an excuse for the National Missile Defence system" that Bush wants to deploy to protect the United States from so-called rogue states, despite widespread global opposition.

"Those people are capable of killing their own people to prove they're right," he said.

Egyptian President Hosni "Mubarak should know that the people can no longer be humiliated, but of course he'll never declare war" on Israel, the student said.

Another taxi driver said he was going to make special prayers to thank him for the attacks against the US.

Yahoo News World

LAGOS (Reuters) -

"Some (Muslim) people have been jubilating because of what happened in the U.S., and I believe that must have encouraged them," one resident told Reuters by phone after fleeing fighting in Nasarawa district on the outskirts of Jos. (Muslim not just Arabs)

At least the Kuwaitis are with us up to a point and the Pakistani Military Govt is working with us out self interest(CYA)

You may notice I make no mention of LEGAL immigrants of good status only ILLEGAL aliens also legally known as felons.
.....NO Arabs on commercial flights for their safety and ours.Police protection of all mosques to prevent emotional mob violence.
(Read this again you might understand it.)

Expel all Visa jumpers(work,school it matters not) and inform
all ILLEGAL aliens to leave voluntarily or be removed with no guarantees of any sort.All reports of the average population of Middle Eastern countries show them to be rather euphoric in the wake of these cowardly attacks.

Check the news:Egypt,Gaza,West Bank,Iraq,Iran,Syria,Afganistan,
Pakistan,Lebanon,Yemen,Libya----All celebrating,dancing praising the perpetrators praying for American deaths.Here there are no stereotypes only the face of our enemies.

Again I ask will you board a plane with 6 Arab men?Put your children on that plane or anyone you love?

Excerpts from Newsmax full text there

This Changes Everything
John L. Perry
Sept. 11, 2001

The Eleventh of September terrorist attack is a catalytic event that changes the course of human events in America. Nothing will ever be the same.
In the cross hairs of history is George W. Bush. How he rises to this occasion will determine not just this nation's destiny, and certainly his own place in it, but also the planet home to the human race.

This catastrophic event ranks in magnitude in American history ahead of the Japanese Empire's sneak attack on Pearl Harbor.

Millions of Americans who could not be bothered to see or think beyond the end of their noses were, in the course of one unbelievable morning, slammed into facing realities that did not exist, at least in their minds, when the day dawned.

Now America Really Is First

Those realities are:

At all costs, America must be saved – for its own sake, for the sake of the civilized world.

Petty political posturing will be back soon enough, but in the foreseeable future is dead.

The president so reviled and resented by the allies and apologists for the political left is now the president of all.

His opponents, caught in midstride as they sought to gut his plan for a national missile-defense shield, will now scramble to give him what he wants to defend the people who live in this country.
No Time for Nut Cases

It will cause Americans to look with gimlet eyes upon any politician who says, "Trust me."

No longer will there be room for tolerance of voices raised in sympathy with America's detractors, at home or abroad.

There will be only one side now – America's.
No More Coddling

Forget more concessions to China, to North Korea, to Iran, to Iraq, to Afghanistan, to any potential enemy of the United States, including Russia.

Forget the budget wrangling. Whatever it takes will be forthcoming.

Forget those political one-notes who kept saying, "It's the economy, stupid."

It never has been. It has always been America's national security in a world hostile beyond belief.

from---Newsmax.com

more

Last edited by AACHOO : 09-13-2001 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:04 AM   #38
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Yes, they speak out in joy for our sorrow. Yes, they believe we deserve to die. Yes, they think their religion would be happy with our pain.

Read the first amendment. Do we punish speech, religion, ideas, beliefs?

Not I.

Read the constitution. Read US law. Do we punish those who have commited crimes, or those who haven't? Do we punish for what they might do?

"Innocent until proven guilty."

Is every Arab proven guilty simply because... they are Arabs?

You say to only expel illegal immigrants, while then endorsing a ban on ALL Arabs on airlines. Did those Arabs do anything? No.

I answered your question. I would feel safer with them than with a fanatic. Those who flew into the WTC were fanatics. You, sir, are a fanatic. Would you crash innocent Palestinians into a building to kill Bin Laden? Sounds like you would, to me. How, then, are you different?

All I can say to this - "Stay good."
Don't let anger consume you, nor hatred. I can't emphasize this enough. Don't call for blood, call for justice. Don't seek blind retribution - seek justice.
Stay good.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:25 AM   #39
AACHOO
Enting

Again........

Think:
Five men dressed as Priests rob a bank,kill 3.
The week after:Five completely real priests go to same bank to deposit church funds.
What should the tellers and manager do?Wait until possibly 3 more die?No.They call the police,trigger the alarm and possibly run for their lives.

By the actions of others a blanket of suspicion must be cast.
4,5,6 Arabs capable of hijacking an airline.

The Constitution applies to Citizens.Although stretched to include LEGAL immigrants there is no Guarantee of Constitutional protection to non-citizens or ILLEGAL immigrants.

I will make no pronouncements to the Character of anyone on this board BUT when crazy americans blew up the Murrah building how many of you wanted to ban Constitutionally Guaranteed Militias?And confiscate that which secures freedom:Guns?

They are calling on us to sacrifice our freedoms now(any news cast)when in fact freedom of our citizens is our greatest security.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:34 AM   #40
AACHOO
Enting

Also........

Some of us will fight and possibly die on foreign shores in the uniform and service of our country.

Most of you will watch it on CNN.

ADDED @2351 cdt
In Baghdad, Iraqi state television appeared to welcome the bombings. The television said the spate of attacks demonstrated the vulnerability of the United States.

"The massive explosions in the centers of power in America, notably the Pentagon, is a painful slap in the face of U.S. politicians to stop their illegitimate hegemony and attempts to impose custodianship on peoples," the television said. "It was no coincidence that the World Trade Center was destroyed in suicidal operations involving two planes that have broken through all U.S. security barriers to carry the operation of the century and to express rejection of the reckless U.S. policy."

"The collapse of U.S. centers of power is a collapse of the U.S. policy, which deviates from human values and stands by world Zionism at all international forums to continue to slaughter the Palestinian Arab people and implement U.S. plans to dominate the world under the cover of what is called the new [world] order," the television added. "These are the fruits of the new U.S. order."

Last edited by AACHOO : 09-13-2001 at 12:51 AM.
Closed Thread