Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-09-2005, 04:02 AM   #21
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I'm on my phone so I can't see all the formatting, but if you're still having no luck, try this:

Type:

{quote}Insert anything you want{/quote}

...but substitute the {} for [].

You don't need to put square bracket before and after the quoted text itself. The brackets are only for tags, like {quote} or {img} or {email}. Tags appear in pairs, so if you have a {quote} tag, there must be another one. The first denotes the beginning of the quoted text, the second is at the end. Always put a / in your second (closing) tag, ie. {/quote} so it knows that is the closing tag.

Good luck!
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:30 PM   #22
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
NO!! dammit dammit, I cannot figure it out. What the hell's the matter with me?!
Try it like this:

[QUOTE=Quoted mooter]Text you want quoted[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Oh, I see Andúril said it already.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #23
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Try it like this:.

checking to see...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #24
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

happyhappy joyjoy, I finally figured it out! Thanx, Anduril & Earniel!

Old 08-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #25
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

The pleasure was all.....ours.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:08 AM   #26
katya
Elven Maiden

Hi! I have a couple questions!

(1) If I were to buy an appliance here in Japan (like a hair dryer or a Playstation) and tried to use it in America would it work? Would it be bad for said appliance?

(2) How do you erase all the internet things like the thing in the address bar where you press the arrow and it shows a lot of the sites you`ve typed in recently? /badly phrased question. Not that I`m trying to hide anything or anything...
>.>
<.<
No really I`m not. Like that thing, and like how in google and places like that it`ll fill in the word for you when you start typing. How do you erase that?
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:19 AM   #27
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by katya
Hi! I have a couple questions!

(1) If I were to buy an appliance here in Japan (like a hair dryer or a Playstation) and tried to use it in America would it work? Would it be bad for said appliance?

(2) How do you erase all the internet things like the thing in the address bar where you press the arrow and it shows a lot of the sites you`ve typed in recently? /badly phrased question. Not that I`m trying to hide anything or anything...
>.>
<.<
No really I`m not. Like that thing, and like how in google and places like that it`ll fill in the word for you when you start typing. How do you erase that?
1 - I think some appliances simply do not work in all countries. It might also be down right dangerous to try.

2 - Go to internet options and empty Temporary Internet Files by Remove cookies and Remove Files and underneath you'll find Clear Out Temporary... something or other - Press that button. Also see to it that the arrow box in that frame is set to 0.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:30 AM   #28
katya
Elven Maiden

Ah, thanks for your quick reply! I think I got it-I`m not sure exactly what I did though. Everything`s in Japanese and there are some hard kanji so I just tried clicking a few things that looked right, in the end...

Hm, maybe I better just go for tweaking the PS2 I already have instead. Not that I know how.

EDIT: Oh, and also, I`m assuming you can only use a microwave for microwave popcorn, right? You can`t use like a toaster over or something? Or can you...? I should`ve gotten more to eat as Mos Burger today...

Last edited by katya : 02-21-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:21 AM   #29
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Ah, thanks for your quick reply! I think I got it-I`m not sure exactly what I did though. Everything`s in Japanese and there are some hard kanji so I just tried clicking a few things that looked right, in the end...

Hm, maybe I better just go for tweaking the PS2 I already have instead. Not that I know how.

EDIT: Oh, and also, I`m assuming you can only use a microwave for microwave popcorn, right? You can`t use like a toaster over or something? Or can you...? I should`ve gotten more to eat as Mos Burger today...
If your microwave oven's got a grill-function you can cook meat, fish and potatoes in it as well or make a tasty cheese sandwich (mmh).
Old 02-21-2006, 09:29 AM   #30
katya
Elven Maiden

No, actually, the thing is I want to make microwave popcorn but I don`t have a microwave. I have a large and small toaster oven. Cheese sandwich sure sounds good though. Maybe I should do that...
Old 02-21-2006, 09:40 AM   #31
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
No, actually, the thing is I want to make microwave popcorn but I don`t have a microwave. I have a large and small toaster oven. Cheese sandwich sure sounds good though. Maybe I should do that...
Well, that pretty simple. Just margarine a small baking-sheet (thin layer), butter the sandwiches and put a couple of slices of ordinary cheese ontop (sorry, if you already knew how to do that). Let be until cheese is tanned. Do not quite know at which temp it should be, though.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:43 AM   #32
katya
Elven Maiden

Thanks. I`ll try it out sometime.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:21 AM   #33
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
okay i hope i put this in a way everyone can understand. i have AOL and last week when i signed on there was this thing on the screen saying AOL need me to make an account # and to type in my screenname and password, like an idiot i just did it without question.this happenend a few times and i started to wonder if something was going on. i checked my out going mail and noticed that i had sent an email to someone i didnt know, and i didnt make, with my screenname and password. so, i ran my virus scan and found nothing. well, it didnt work. i talked to the aol people and they changed my password and told me to do the same when i signed back on but every time i go to the menu to change it my computer freezes and i have to close out AOL. ive downloaded and ran evey virus and protetion program they have and found nothing. they even gave me something called stinger and i ran that and had no success. ive went through my entire computer and erased anything i didnt reconize or seemed weird. im lost and dont know what to do i think im okay for now with my password changed and as long as i dont fill the thing out again but then again i dont know anything about computers. can anyone help?
Old 02-22-2006, 02:01 AM   #34
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Well, with that, probably Grey Wolf or Trolls' bane would know what to do; I know not.

Katya - for the popcorn? No, you can't do a bag of microwave popcorn in a toaster oven or a real oven. If you have to, what you do is empty the bag of popcorn in a very big pot with a lid, on medium high heat on the stove, with a little oil. Then pop it manually. The thing is, you have to stay on it, shaking it every few seconds in a shifty-shake motion, and making sure it doesn't stick to the bottom and burn. Turn the heat down low once the kernels start popping, then when you feel the pot filling up, take it off the heat, the heat still in the pan will finish the job. It takes a few minutes, but it'll work.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:04 AM   #35
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Actually, Farimir? That sounds like an insidious new invisible hacker-virus you might have gotten attacked by. What a NIGHTmare.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:01 AM   #36
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
You would most likely have to buy some kind of adapter to plug the appliance into the wall socket and get the right voltage but yes, it would work. A Japanese hairdryer doesn't automatically stop working when you come to America
Don't buy a Japanese Playstation if you intend to play games bought in America on it. I'm sure they won't work. Better to mod an American Playstation to make it work with Japanese games I believe.
Quote:
(2)... like how in google and places like that it`ll fill in the word for you when you start typing. How do you erase that?
If you use IE, go to Tools / Internet Options / Content / AutoComplete
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:09 AM   #37
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
a nightmare i cant seem to wake from or find a dreamoligist(made up word but you get the idea) to analyze this dream.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:18 AM   #38
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
You would most likely have to buy some kind of adapter to plug the appliance into the wall socket and get the right voltage but yes, it would work. A Japanese hairdryer doesn't automatically stop working when you come to America
Don't buy a Japanese Playstation if you intend to play games bought in America on it. I'm sure they won't work. Better to mod an American Playstation to make it work with Japanese games I believe.
Thanks. But actually, I want to play the games I have bought in Japan when I get home. If I had a Japanese Play Station it would play the games, I would assume, as long as it worked at all. But I wonder if it would be safer to mod the American Play Station (that I already own and the warranty is already voided on, btw). I heard that using adapters for a long period of time can damage the machine. One of my friends said that the voltage is pretty close (like the American one varies a little depending on something or other, and that they actually overlap) but I don`t think I wanna just take his word for it.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:32 AM   #39
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

I'd say the easiest and safest thing would be to get a Japanese Playstation and a good transformer to get the right voltage to avoid damaging the machine. However it would surely be a lot cheaper to mod your American Playstation. If I were you, I'd mod instead of having to switch between two Playstations when I want to play American or Japanese games.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:37 AM   #40
katya
Elven Maiden

All right, thanks for the advice.