Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-21-2005, 05:51 PM   #21
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

i for one am nothing like my moot personality

whilst here i might come off as arrogant sometimes, talkative often, and quite outgoing maybe, i am nothing like that - i am quite a shy and retiring person usually
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:57 PM   #22
katya
Elven Maiden

I wasn't sure how to answer so I addressed all the parts of Mr. Bishop's first post, and tricked myself into thinking I was going to post it to see how it'd feel. I really don't mind that much, but I just don't think anyone'd care, really. Or rather, I don't like people who complain and tell me about how they cried themselves to sleep. Or something... I think if the crowd wanted to know my soul, I might be able to bare my soul easier. But, if I didn't like them as a whole I'd probably go with body. And probably it'd be that the more they seemed like they wanted to see my body the less I'd want to show them. I hate to say something like "it would depend on the audience" but it would, and it'd depend on my mood. Also, baring the soul is a lot more draining and takes a lot of energy and deep thought. But if I was in the mood, I might not mind. Because I like talking about myself I guess. This is a terrible question because every fiber of my being is telling me "Don't share anything, just keep it to yourself."
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:22 AM   #23
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

A rough idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
what's a walk-in?
This is where two individual souls have agreed to switch places. The first soul has gone as far as it can in its development and is ready to move on. The soul that has taken its place will serve in a different capacity than before. Normally, permission has been granted in order for this to take place. Another way to call the experience is soul transference.
...It can happen without your conscious mind realizing it. You usually feel totally different. You will not necessarily recognize the people around you. You may have lapses of memory of the other occupant and will not be able to recognize the reason you came. It is usually quite a shock to the body especially if this has happened due to a car accident, operation, or a very long illness. You will feel somewhat estranged from everyone around you though you retain the memories of your body's past history. After all, you are a totally different entity.

MY USE OF THE TERM IS MORE IN LINE WITH THE FOLLOWING:

Have you ever felt like you didn't "belong?"
That you just weren't like everyone else? Are you mystified by many of the things that excite and interest other people? Do many of those things seem boring and meaningless to you? Are you amazed at the degree of selfishness that most people exhibit? When you were a child, did you lose yourself in fantasies and daydreams? Have you always been fascinated by fantasy or science fiction books, movies and television? Do you feel that you came from a better place and do you feel that someday you will return there? Have you investigated many religions or religious denominations but in the end found none of them to be quite right? Finally, have you always had an interest in UFOs and extraterrestrials? Do stories of alien contact fascinate you and feel somehow familiar to you?

If these questions strike a chord in you, then maybe it's because you're a wanderer. What's a wanderer? Well, basically, a wanderer is an extraterrestrial soul that has been incarnated in a human body. This is a matter of choice by the E.T. soul, and they do it for a purpose: to assist humanity's evolution or to help humanity through some upcoming crisis, such as major earth changes. Sometimes, if they are invited by the soul-in-residence, extraterrestrial souls even come in and take over an existing human body. These cases are called walk-ins.

These and similar ideas are expanded upon in books like Strangers Among Us and Aliens Among Us by Ruth Montgomery; The Star People by Brad & Francie Steiger and Starborn by Brad Steiger & Sherry Hansen Steiger; and in From Elsewhere and Universal Vision by Scott Mandelker.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:53 AM   #24
Baby-K
Corruptor

Bish, you sure are a repetative little so and so innit?

Said it before and I'll say it again - BODY.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #25
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
i for one am nothing like my moot personality

whilst here i might come off as arrogant sometimes, talkative often, and quite outgoing maybe, i am nothing like that - i am quite a shy and retiring person usually
ROFLMAO!!!!!

Erm...ughugh....OK.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:29 PM   #26
MrBishop
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
Lets just ask MrBishop what HE means :-P.
Baring the soul... basically dragging all your skeletons out of the closet and making them dance. A huge Q&A where you have to answer whether you want to or not.
MrBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #27
MrBishop
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby-K
Bish, you sure are a repetative little so and so innit?

Said it before and I'll say it again - BODY.
Yes I am... I like getting answers or delving the minds of people on different boards. Especially the tough questions... gives me a better idea of the flavour of a board than any amount of lurking can do

Watch me do it again

Last edited by MrBishop : 04-22-2005 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added a link
MrBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 06:38 AM   #28
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

For it would be baring the bdy. I find it very hard to talk to people about my personal feelings, even if it is my famly or closest friends.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 03:59 PM   #29
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
This is where two individual souls have agreed to switch places. The first soul has gone as far as it can in its development and is ready to move on. The soul that has taken its place will serve in a different capacity than before. Normally, permission has been granted in order for this to take place. Another way to call the experience is soul transference.
...It can happen without your conscious mind realizing it. You usually feel totally different. You will not necessarily recognize the people around you. You may have lapses of memory of the other occupant and will not be able to recognize the reason you came. It is usually quite a shock to the body especially if this has happened due to a car accident, operation, or a very long illness. You will feel somewhat estranged from everyone around you though you retain the memories of your body's past history. After all, you are a totally different entity.

MY USE OF THE TERM IS MORE IN LINE WITH THE FOLLOWING:

Have you ever felt like you didn't "belong?"
That you just weren't like everyone else? Are you mystified by many of the things that excite and interest other people? Do many of those things seem boring and meaningless to you? Are you amazed at the degree of selfishness that most people exhibit? When you were a child, did you lose yourself in fantasies and daydreams? Have you always been fascinated by fantasy or science fiction books, movies and television? Do you feel that you came from a better place and do you feel that someday you will return there? Have you investigated many religions or religious denominations but in the end found none of them to be quite right? Finally, have you always had an interest in UFOs and extraterrestrials? Do stories of alien contact fascinate you and feel somehow familiar to you?

If these questions strike a chord in you, then maybe it's because you're a wanderer. What's a wanderer? Well, basically, a wanderer is an extraterrestrial soul that has been incarnated in a human body. This is a matter of choice by the E.T. soul, and they do it for a purpose: to assist humanity's evolution or to help humanity through some upcoming crisis, such as major earth changes. Sometimes, if they are invited by the soul-in-residence, extraterrestrial souls even come in and take over an existing human body. These cases are called walk-ins.

These and similar ideas are expanded upon in books like Strangers Among Us and Aliens Among Us by Ruth Montgomery; The Star People by Brad & Francie Steiger and Starborn by Brad Steiger & Sherry Hansen Steiger; and in From Elsewhere and Universal Vision by Scott Mandelker.

many thanks for such a full and interesting reply

I guess we all feel a bit of that at points.
would an E.T soul if bared be recognisable though?
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:24 PM   #30
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Body, definitely body. My soul's nobody's business but mine, but my body - I don't mind, look away!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:04 PM   #31
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Good fish catch Lotesse! And I have to agree with you there.
I will show just enough of my soul as I wish, but I can deal with the ol bod being naked. Try going into the army....
Old 09-16-2005, 02:05 AM   #32
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog
I will show just enough of my soul as I wish, but I can deal with the ol bod being naked.
As you're a Dunedain Ranger that spends all his time wandering around alone in the Northern Mountains, I suppose that's an extremely difficult decision.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:14 AM   #33
Tree Dweller
Elven Warrior

Location: The bulls-eye for recent hurricanes, but I still love these white sands....nothing compares.
Hmmmm, I guess I am at a point in my life where I could do either.

Soul - I have done a bit with you guys already and I also shared some very personal experiences with the teen girls at my church. So, I think I could handle it.

Body - A few years ago I would have said "NO WAY", but I am now very content with my body....even though it is already on the decline.

-------------------------------------------
I always liked going South, somehow it feels like going downhill.
Treebeard

-------------------------------------------

~*~Diary of a Beach Bum~*~
Tree Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote