Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-26-2005, 08:41 PM   #21
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

I've seen this twice and I loved most of it. I agree that the Phantom wasn't all that scary unmasked-- wasn't his nose supposed to be missing? It looked more like a bad sunburn. They certainly could have taken off some of his nose with CGI. I thought the actors were ok and the plot was more interesting to me than it was in the theater. Things made more sense without the weirdness of the stage being the opera's stage. I was a bit younger when I saw the musical so that could be why I didn't get everything. The opening scene was thrilling, and I loved Miranda Richardson! She really held the movie together.

It was interesting how the plot was tweaked a bit-- to make it closer to the book? The falling chandelier was moved to a later point in the movie, and I thought that made it more dramatic, though I did miss the line, "There are worse things than a shattered chandelier" at the end of Masquerade.

Segovia Mazes
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 05:30 AM   #22
sparrowhawkgirl
Sapling

I ddon't think his nose was suppose to be missing it was just a rumor
sparrowhawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:01 AM   #23
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

In the actual book, his nose was missing, but I don't think most of the plays/the musical had his nose missing .

I understand that some people don't like the new movie, and I do agree that some of the singers were average instead of great, but I still think they were a thousand times better than the first cast. Sarah Brightman's voice just gets on my nerves like nothing else .
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:19 PM   #24
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

I do think that both Emmy Rossum and Gerard Butler are good actors, and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of them. Gerard Butler is much more enjoyable with his Scottish accent.

Segovia Mazes
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote