Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-27-2004, 07:26 PM   #21
osszie
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
Why'd you stop, oz? Liver acting up?
Nah, luckily I got out of the booze thing with me health But after seeing a coupla mates die from the drink, and another cripple himself with a couple of alcohol induced strokes.....I kinda realised that I better quit before it was time for me to pay the fiddler.

Planet Oz will also include a healthy lifestyle.....cities will be done away with and forest allowed to take over the urban sprawl again (oh, and telly will be banned.....it's soul destroying).
osszie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:31 PM   #22
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'm glad you're well

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:17 PM   #23
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Cripes, mine was quite wordy, wasn't it? You can tell I just finished writing an end-of-term paper, can't you?

Nurv, I stole this thread idea for another forum, hope ya don't mind.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:33 PM   #24
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

theif

man a lot of you would ruin the world. No drinking and professional athletes, yikes.

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:54 AM   #25
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Cripes, mine was quite wordy, wasn't it? You can tell I just finished writing an end-of-term paper, can't you?
"Snap out of it, man, snap out of it!" *smacks BoP, administers first-aid*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-28-2004, 01:07 AM   #26
BeardofPants
the Shrike

You are right my dear Rian, we can only ONE rian around here.

*snaps out of it and goes back to snappy short answers*
Old 10-28-2004, 03:39 AM   #27
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well I really enjoyed your post, I thought it was excellent. Are you writing your paper on the environment, or vegetarianism?
Quote:
Nurv, I stole this thread idea for another forum, hope ya don't mind.
I don't miind, I'm flattered! I want to go post in your new forum (not thread?) is it at SFF?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:19 PM   #28
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Nope, it's on PiL (see sig, I think...) Trying to get that lot to talk about anything but sex is a nigh' impossible task.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:56 PM   #29
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Thanks Ëarniel! So what does Ëarniel-land look like?
Downright scary if you ask me...

Let's see:

Chocolateproduction would be booming to supply the outburst of demand. (you saw that one coming, didn't you? ) People will suffer from a occasional bout of self-doubt. The UN will start a new daughter-organisation that is mainly geared at halting the worldwide decline of frog populations. (I bet you saw that one coming too.) Black cats will be seen as a good omen. Everybody abhors fur coats and renounces killing animals for fashion.

The budget for arms is steadily decreased and in the future the army will be deployed to aid in the aftermath of natural disasters or cataclysms. World peace will sadly not be acchieved overnight. Even though people will hold the same values, they don't necesarily agree with one another. But steps to redistribute funds and resources on a world wide basis will, however, be taken. And we all start to take a decent step foreward to battling pollution, famine, poverty and greenhouse effects this time. Corruption will disappear gradually.

Sigarette production will come to a grinding halt, but nobody cares because they all fail to see the need to poison themselves and the planet any longer. Lighting forest fires will become a capital offence. Sustainability will be added to the ten commandments: Thou Shall Recycle.

Cars will get used less and people will strive to get rid of their oil-dependance. Maximum speed on roads will be determed rationally. Other long-term solutions will be sought to replace nuclear energy, or at least ways to destroy the large amounts of dangerous waste it creates. Logging will be unacceptable unless new woods are replanted. Logging in old forests or sensitive areas will be downright forbidden.

Poaching will come to an abrupt halt and many tonnes of poached ivory will merrily go up in flames, at least Richard Leakey knew how to do it right. New reserves will be mushrooming. Ecotourism will be booming business. The Japanese will stop hiding behind lame excuses of scientific research, stop the illegal whaling and sink all their factory ships on the spot. And there will be much rejoicing.

All the stolen artifacts from the Bagdad museum will be returned on the double and a lot of people will be feeling extremely guilty about it afterwards. No more traficking of humanity's stolen heritage. The funding for education and science is raised. Archaeologic excavation will get precedence over building projects.

The modern art, as in fill-a-garbagebag-with-paper-and-call-it-art will die a quiet death. Professional atletes will be too ashamed to use achievement-enhancing products. All shelters for abandoned animals will in time close down because nobody can live with himself anymore if they abandoned their pet in the gutter.

It'll probably also be a bit of a boring world too.

Last edited by Earniel : 10-28-2004 at 04:01 PM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 04:16 PM   #30
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Nope, it's on PiL (see sig, I think...) Trying to get that lot to talk about anything but sex is a nigh' impossible task.
well if everyone thought like i do...
Old 10-28-2004, 05:38 PM   #31
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I think any world where all the values would be the same would be a bit boring. I noticed that your post Eärniel, is quite similar to BoPs and mine... maybe the aliens have already tried their experiment!
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 10-28-2004, 10:59 PM   #32
BeardofPants
the Shrike

LOL, nurv. I noticed a few points that Earniel made that shoulda been in mine (archaeological issues, etc), and I'd like to add that those bloody scavengers who go around destroying archaeological sites with their flamin' metal detectors will also be a thing of the past (no pun intended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins
well if everyone thought like i do...
Then everyone would STILL be thinking about sex.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:14 PM   #33
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Global. Thermonuclear. War.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:19 PM   #34
inked
Elf Lord

wayfarer,

that's what I like about you, creatively destructive, and brutally honest!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:35 AM   #35
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

LOL Wayfarer!

After the world was destroyed, would there be anyone left in Wayfarer world to rebuild?

Hey Inked, what does Inked-world look like?
Quote:
Old 10-29-2004, 10:16 AM   #36
inked
Elf Lord

Well, Nurv, if you must know...

It is the in-breaking of the Platonic archetypes with the realisation of the intent of the Creator in a world redeemed from the Fall by the 2nd person of the Trinity!

Glimpses of its reality are found in Charles Williams' PLACE OF THE LION,
CS Lewis' novels, Narnia, and theological writings, Dorothy L. Sayers CREED OR CHAOS, ARE WOMEN HUMAN?, and translation of Dante's COMMEDIA, as well as MIDDLE EARTH works (particularly before the eruption of evil activity in the lives of Elves), and the New Testament hints in the life of Jesus and subsequent explications by Paul and John et alia. Most poignant would be the truths communicated by "HE shall lead his flock as a shepherd" and "wipe every tear from their eye" and the abolition of pain, sickness, suffering , and death.

But his whole complex is greater than I can imagine or ask, only we are assured that it moves from "glory to glory" .

Remember that scene in M. LeEngle's TIME series where the children ascend and are transported by the angel to the Paradisial place? Like that! Or better, the coronation of Perelandra's postIncarnational humanoids who have resisted disobedience? Like that!

The fulfillment of the wildest human hopes for achievement and more, "infinitely more" - the achievement of God's intentions for each of us individually and collectively - perfect freedom in perfect obedience to His perfect will - the experience in each human's being of the transposition reviewed in CS Lewis' sermon of that name and the strengthening to bear the full weight of glory glimpsed in his sermon of that title!

Meanwhile, "to know Him more clearly, to love Him more dearly, and to follow him more nearly" where I am!

"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941

Last edited by inked : 10-29-2004 at 10:17 AM.
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:48 PM   #37
Rían

* hums "Day by Day" ... *

Old 10-31-2004, 03:53 AM   #38
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

A place . . . a world, were the "mystery", wonder, and potential loviness still abounds. Where the general populace's A.D.D. concerning the the health of all its people and the entire enviroment has been cleared up by regular consumption of beer and pizza.

Think of it, all night thought-sessions at the UN where everyone is holding a slice of cheesey pie with one hand while whole-heartily trying to save the world through peace, happiness, and the pursuit of really good beer. Everyone trying different kinds of pizza and ideas till suddenly they "get it" and the way we look at life as a species is radically changed for the better.

There would be free beer, but you would have to proove you are not a bear, since bears drinking beer is just silly.

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!

Last edited by EarthBound : 10-31-2004 at 03:54 AM.
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 03:57 AM   #39
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Like this Bear?

Old 10-31-2004, 07:38 AM   #40
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I love everyone's posts! You guys are brilliant.

I think your UN would actually be effective EarthBound!

Mine would too because...

Most world leaders would realize the importance of an effective UN as something larger than itself, working towards peace in the world. Though it would certainly lessen, war and pollution would not disappear overnight. My UN would be given real power by world leaders, and such a body could make laws regarding pollution, because it would be acting for the whole world, while individual countries will ultimately protect their own economies first. The UNs peacekeeping force would be respected world wide.
I know this is quite idealistic, but I'm idealistic, so now the world is. Bwahahah. Wait... that's not evil...

UN meetings will always involve a fika - the Swedish coffee break. There will be fresh, delicious food served from around the world. How can you stay mad at your neighbour when you're eating a delicious tart/noodle bowl/fish/cookie from his country?
Quote: