Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2000, 07:53 PM   #21
IronParrot

Re: Where's everybody from?

Calgary, Alberta, Canada - more Tim Hortons donut shops than the entire province of Saskatchewan. Rrroll up the rrrim to win!
Old 01-14-2000, 06:04 AM   #22
galadriel1

It`s A Small World!

Eruve, that`s too cool! You`ve been to Ligonier then? I can`t believe you know where it is! It`s a very small town! Have you ever been up to Linn Run State Park or Forbes State Forest? There`s an awesome trail called Wolf`s Rocks. About an hour and 10 minute trek to the Rocks but so worth it! It`s a rather easy trail for those that like to hike. Grove Run is also spectacular! Nice altitude change and several vegetation changes. There`s a really cool 'grotto' along the trail. If you ever get to the area, let me know! How long have you lived near Montreal and how do you like it there? Hernalt, you have to come hike some of the trails sometime. Anyone else from PA?
Old 01-14-2000, 06:24 AM   #23
galadriel1

Anyone from San Fran area?

Just wondering. I`m supposed to be going to San Fran for a week in June. We`re going to check out the city and also do Muir Woods among other things. Just curious if anyone is from the area. -G., signing off for the night where it`s -10 with windchill this evening. Brrrr!!!! I hope you are all a bit warmer wherever you are. :-) Good night.
Old 01-14-2000, 02:11 PM   #24
Eruve

Re: Anyone from San Fran area?

galadriel, I've never spent any real time in Ligonier. Once I was driving out to visit my grandmother in Washington with my brother and his wife and they stopped in Ligonier to visit these high tech log cabins that were being built at the time (in the 80s). My brother was considering buying one, but he never did. I haven't been out to western PA in almost 15 years, though. The area we stopped in was beautiful, though, and the hiking you mentioned sounds great! I first came to Montreal in 1982 to go to University, and basically stayed. I think marrying someone from the area had something to do with it... Except for a year and a half between university and getting married, and two years when we lived in Nova Scotia because hubby's job was transferred, I've lived in Montreal ever since then. I guess you could say I liked it ! :-)
Old 01-15-2000, 01:35 AM   #25
Jaro

Me

I'm originally from a town near Chicago (but in Indiana) but I'm going to school in Los Angeles.
Old 01-15-2000, 06:34 AM   #26
galadriel1

Re: Eruve

Well, I guess you`ll just have to come back sometime and check out the area more. It really is a beautiful area! How did you like Nova Scotia? I hear it`s beautiful up that way! And also quite chilly at times! :-)
Old 01-15-2000, 03:30 PM   #27
Darth Tater

Re: Eruve

Hmm, Arianna or Marianna aka Yanna and Ari
Old 01-15-2000, 04:27 PM   #28
Eruve

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia is very nice, wild, a bit untamed. Actually , it can look a lot like western PA! There aren't many people out there. I lived for 2 years in a small town of around 12, 000, but it was the fourth largest town!! People there can be a bit strange, friendly on the surface, but they don't let you go beyond a certain point if you're not from there. Needless to say, not much nightlife! The coldest temperature I ever experienced was in Nova Scotia. It got down to -35C (sorry, don't know what that is in Fahrenheit, just damn cold)! Much colder than I've ever seen in Montreal, but nothing on the prairies!
Old 01-15-2000, 11:56 PM   #29
The Mastermind

No Subject

I'm supposed to be living in paradise here in Honolulu, Hawaii, but it has been raining like heck lately. For the other person who posted using webtv and can't edit, etc. I had the same problem until I clicked on the link marked `Need help with logging in?' I entered my username and password, and I finally could edit my own posts and have custom sigs. I don't know if that is what fixed it, but it's worth a try.
Old 01-19-2000, 02:24 AM   #30
Lauren Weasley

Re: No Subject

any New Yorkers here? I'm from Long Island.
Old 01-20-2000, 03:56 AM   #31
bmilder

If there's anyone here from England please email me
Old 01-20-2000, 04:41 AM   #32
anduin

Why? ......just curious......
Old 01-10-2001, 04:33 AM   #33
Elanor

since we have so many more people these days, I'm bringing this Page 19 topic to the top so they can post in it!
Old 01-10-2001, 01:51 PM   #34
X Rogue

Arlington, Texas. I've lived in Texas all my life except for five years that I spent in Podunkville, Arkansas, in high school, and then 2 1/2 years in college in a different Podunkville, Arkansas.
Old 01-10-2001, 02:47 PM   #35
Miralys

Well I am currently attending college in DeLand FL. Before that I went to high school in Rockledge FL (a stone's throw from Cocoa Beach). Before that however I lived in Dhahran Saudi Arabia where I was born and raised. I consider FL my home however and I must say I like the USA much better!
Old 01-11-2001, 02:08 AM   #36
GlaurungTheGold

i'm from New Orleans, and i'm going to college in Boston, and i can't find any way to get Tater to stop pestering me... off spray doesn't work, mousetraps either... any other suggestions?
Old 01-11-2001, 02:26 AM   #37
Bullroarer

A little Valley, named "The" (pronounced "thuh" not "thee"). The Valley has 4 towns in it, Athens, Sayre, Waverly, and South Waverly, although some people insist that the town of Barton is also part of it. It has never had a "real" name, and if it did, we'd have a problem with it, because we have lived on "The". A local radio station has taken to calling us the "Penn-York Valley" because of the fact it straddles the northern Pennsylvania/New York border.

You may know:

Waverly: The rodeo capital of the East (and the only town that had one east of the Miss. River) until the 1950s.

Sayre: The Lehigh valley railroad had one of the largest rail-yards on its lines located in Sayre.

Athens: Ingersoll Rand Corperation (pnuematic tools) was founded in Athens.

S.W.: The Foundry (a building which has very high-powered x-rays to look for weaknesses in steel) is very important to the area, its the only for 100 mi. (Scranton would be the next)

just a proud supporter of his hometown.
Old 01-11-2001, 03:37 AM   #38
Lief Erikson

I'm from California, Los Angelas.
Old 01-11-2001, 09:04 PM   #39
Elbreth of Carhouth

Arrgh! Silly Americans, you're everywhere!
I'm live near a town called Peace River, Alberta, Canada. Waaayyy up north, five hours north of Edmonton.
Old 01-11-2001, 10:26 PM   #40
Elysha

Aren't we annoying?

Hello, Elbreth, thanks for all the compliments.

I live in Southern California, three miles from the beach as a bird flies, 15 minutes from the Orange County Performing Arts center, and not very far from Disneyland.

Which I rarely visit.

Lief Erikson, you know perfectly well that you do not live in Los Angeles, but in Fountain Valley. If you will check your spelling concerning that noisy city, and elaborate about where you live, I'll edit this sentence out of my message.