Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2004, 12:55 AM   #21
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

I'm a total sucker.

I vote in every election (except the Moot's).

I pay taxes.

I watch action movies and look for the plot.

I believe it when people say "I love you".

I've bought electronics from Best Buy.

I thought there were WMD's (j/k)

I open Ed McMahon's letter because maybe "I might already be a winner!".

I've bought a car at a dealership AND had it repaired there.

I bought stock in 2000.

I expect social security benefits.

I've been to a time share "free" weekend.

I think hard work is always rewarded.

I don't think women fake it.

I pay attention to the long range weather forcast.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 01:55 AM   #22
Millane
The Dude

hahahahhahhahahaha nice,
im a sucker with money, but in a nice way, i buy my friends lunch and that but thats because im nice and i have more money than them. I dont have any problem with shouting my friends lunch or a movie or something but its when its done dogily that i get annoyed, like one 'friend' in our group always says ohhh lets go see a movie, we get to the cinema and he's like 'ohhh damn ive only got like 75 cents' doesnt even bother asking for someone to lend him some money, he expects it, nonetheless we dont like this guy that much... and a few weeks back another friend (who's alright most of the time although sometimes damn annoying) we're about to go home from a party (a lift from a mate) and this friend has to take a taxi back because he wanted to make sure this girl got home alright, he didnt want to have to walk back to our mates house on his own so he asks if anyone will take a taxi back with him, none of us really want to but i felt sorry for him so i said i would, anyway twenty minutes later we're back in town and its left to me to pay the driver his $25, that annoyed me enough but then when he said, hey man lets go get a coffee i just said **** this im going.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:35 AM   #23
Cirdan

Take this friend to an expensive resaurant. Near the end of the meal excuse yourself to the bathroom. Find the nearest exit while he's sitting at the table when the bill comes.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 04-09-2004, 04:09 AM   #24
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by hectorberlioz
only if you promise not to call me a "queen" (I have no idea why would do that, since I'm a guy).
Okay I won't call you that - and see your pm's for a confusing explination.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 05:29 AM   #25
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Millane, I know exactly the kind of person you mean. Cirdan's idea is a good one. Turn the tables.

Sometimes, these people ARE generous when they've got money, but often you only see them when they're skint. The acid test is what they're like on giro/pay day.

I used to have a "mate" who turned up, regular as clockwork, the day we all got paid, hang around for a week consuming all our er consumables, then disappear (he got his pay in the middle of the month for some reason). Twat. However, he did get into trouble with loansharks and had to run away to the other end of the country, so HA!

There was a TV programme a while back about people who actually fell for those email scams ("I am the former president of the Bank of Nigeria and I have a million pounds for you...") Some bozo actually paid them over a hundred grand before realising they'd been shafted. Now that IS a stupidity tax.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM   #26
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

....."I don't think women fake it"!....

Ha ha! You gotta be kidding! That was the good old days......We're can't be bothered with faking it now! Keep it up boys!

I thought ...(the president knew what he was talking about)...there were Weapons of mass destruction too....You mean I have to second guess the boss now!

I'm a reluctant sucker, when I go to the doctor, and hope he/she knows what they are talking about.

Last edited by Lizra : 04-09-2004 at 10:53 AM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 01:00 PM   #27
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

The sky is falling.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:04 PM   #28
Sminty_Smeagol

Quote:
Originally posted by Nariel
We should have testimonials. Has anyone here gotten suckered by a friend?
A guy at my school owes me like $20. And a pair of socks. And a lighter. But he doesn't really ask he just sort of demands. I thought gay guys were supposed to be sweet and sensitive

It all started last year when he would be obnoxious and look through my things and steal my shoelaces and I was actually patient and ignored him. Hrrm.... It's a love/hate scenario

Last edited by Sminty_Smeagol : 04-09-2004 at 01:08 PM.
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 01:06 PM   #29
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally posted by Sminty_Smeagol
A guy at my school owes me like $20. And a pair of socks. And a lighter. But he doesn't really ask he just sort of demands. I thought gay guys were supposed to be sweet and sensitive
hey, hey! come now, i am sweet and sensitive!!

Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 01:14 PM   #30
Sminty_Smeagol

Well as long as you don't unlace my shoes and steal my shoelaces when I'm not paying attention.
I give people money.
I give people stuff.
I buy people food.
I trust people too much.
I believe people when they compliment me.
However I will never be suckered into being motivated!

I don't think there are 'stupidity taxes' there are just 'naive optimist taxes'

Last edited by Sminty_Smeagol : 04-09-2004 at 01:21 PM.
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 06:23 PM   #31
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I believed my now ex-boyfriend when he told me he loved me, and when he said he wanted to marry me and could see us together for a long time.

I kick myself for being a stupid teenager.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:42 PM   #32
Cirdan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
That was the good old days......We're can't be bothered with faking it now! Keep it up boys!
Hey I didn't learn all those fancy moves for nothing!
Quote:
I'm a reluctant sucker, when I go to the doctor, and hope he/she knows what they are talking about. [/b]
lol! me too! I went for four year to this one dr. before I realized he couldn't diagnose a cold.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 04-10-2004, 09:05 PM   #33
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
you know, a lot of this stuff seems to be getting "screwed over", if you'll pardon the term. So I think I need to clarify.

Getting "suckered" means you can't say no. It usually involves money. For example, I always buy that chocolate that the teenagers sell, so that they can go to Magic Mountain. I'm a sucker.

Getting "screwed over" implies emotional involvement, where you trusted someone and they took advantage of that trust. This can involve money, emotions, stuff you lend them...

So that's the major difference. I'm sure everyone gets screwed over at some point. But it takes a special breed to be a sucker.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote