Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-15-2004, 02:10 PM   #21
Beor
founder of the color blue

My fricken Valentines day was fricken incredible.

The phone center shut down right in the middle of me calling my wife, the whole day was filled with chaos, and then, at about ten at night, I found out I had to go on a raid, which ended up lasting until around eight o'clock this morning. Also, it was around 80 degrees, which is too hot for me, during the day, then as soon as the sun went down, the wind picked up, and it became about 33 degrees (which in the desert is very cold), although, that was probably just with the wind chill, the actual temperature was probably like 40-45 or something. I love it!

Woo-Hoo!

Happy (day after) Valentines Day!!
Old 02-15-2004, 02:26 PM   #22
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I'm speechless.......
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 02:28 PM   #23
Beor

Good or Bad speechless?
Old 02-15-2004, 02:30 PM   #24
Ruinel
Banned

Buster's Valentine's heart...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg lickmeheart.jpeg (2.5 KB, 23 views)
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 02:39 PM   #25
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Beor
My fricken Valentines day was fricken incredible.

The phone center shut down right in the middle of me calling my wife, the whole day was filled with chaos, and then, at about ten at night, I found out I had to go on a raid, which ended up lasting until around eight o'clock this morning. Also, it was around 80 degrees, which is too hot for me, during the day, then as soon as the sun went down, the wind picked up, and it became about 33 degrees (which in the desert is very cold), although, that was probably just with the wind chill, the actual temperature was probably like 40-45 or something. I love it!

Woo-Hoo!

Happy (day after) Valentines Day!!
That stinks, but hopefully you will get to come back home soon. Isn't it in June the US is planning to hand the whole ball of wax over to the new government? 3-1/2 months or so, and counting.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 02:42 PM   #26
Beor

As far as I've been told, we arent going to give up this place for a while. I get to leave (finally) in late April to early May, but we are being relieved by some other unit (as far as I know), so some other soldiers have to come here and suck sand for a while, which is too bad, because sand doesnt taste good.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:45 PM   #27
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Beor
Good or Bad speechless?
Just... speechless.....

Quote:
As far as I've been told, we arent going to give up this place for a while. I get to leave (finally) in late April to early May, but we are being relieved by some other unit (as far as I know), so some other soldiers have to come here and suck sand for a while, which is too bad, because sand doesnt taste good.
That's only two to three months, so hopefully they'll pass quickly for you, and then you'll be back home and drinking as much beer as you like.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 02-15-2004, 02:47 PM   #28
Beor

Yup, lots of beer and hanging out with the kid. I cant wait, I love him so much. He is constantly on my mind down here. He can now say "cheese". I'm pretty excited about that.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:51 PM   #29
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Aww... how old is he???
Old 02-15-2004, 02:53 PM   #30
Beor

He is one year and seven months old. He rules!
Old 02-15-2004, 02:57 PM   #31
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Aww bless you.
Though I don't know how people have kids. How do you manage with them???
True they're cute but.... I don't know how people do it!!!
Old 02-15-2004, 03:02 PM   #32
Beor

All you have to do is commit yourself to not sleeping, chasing a two foot tall person around the house, setting all breakable, dangerous, poisionous, important, glass, small, or other objects that have some value or possible baby-life-threatening aspect to them out of reach of a two foot tall person, and spending money on diapers and clothes, which, by the way, will not fit in a couple of days, and loving the hell out of every minute of it. I have never had so much fun in my life (that is when I was with him, soon, I will be again! And my wife will have a break!)
Old 02-15-2004, 03:06 PM   #33
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Like I said... I don't know how people do it!!! I have a hard enough time looking after myself let alone having a little hobbit to look after too.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:09 PM   #34
Beor

Well, I like to think that he is descended in a direct line from the kings of men. His feet arent too hairy either .
Old 02-15-2004, 03:11 PM   #35
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

He may indeed be the desendant of a great line of kings. Just keep your fingers crossed!
Old 02-15-2004, 06:16 PM   #36
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Well, I am very happy. As some of the older mooters know, I have wanted the "Letters Of Tolkien" for quite some time. Well, my son got me that for Valentine's Day, and he also bought me a new Unfinished Tales, because I have the first edition in hard bound, and a few years ago it got wet, and now the pages are all crinkled in it.

I just might have to give him a big wet, sloppy kiss.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-16-2004, 01:49 AM   #37
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
I just might have to give him a big wet, sloppy kiss.
Sooo.... I'll take it then, that you dragged him down to Borders, pointed them out, and waited whilst he paid for them?

Ooh, enjoy Letters - it's my favourite source.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:18 AM   #38
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Sooo.... I'll take it then, that you dragged him down to Borders, pointed them out, and waited whilst he paid for them?

Ooh, enjoy Letters - it's my favourite source.
Nope! I was rather surprised actually. He did it cause he loves me.

Travel and Tourism Guide