Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-01-2003, 02:43 PM   #21
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

I'm sorry, but this stunt really rubs me the wrong way. *Looks at Azalea's post* Yep, you're gonna be annoyed with me, as well. I think it's just bloody stupid, and senseless. There are people who ARE actually starving in the world, so if you think I'm going to admire David Blaine for pulling off this stunt, then you've got another think coming, I'm afraid. Besides which, the fact that he's getting paid for this stunt should more than alleviate any 'suffering' he would get from getting eggs tossed at him.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 02:50 PM   #22
azalea
Long lost mooter

You're right, it would be nice if he were doing it for charity, but I guess he's just making a living as a performer. I think it would be nice if EVERYONE gave something from their earnings to charity, especially highly paid performers of all kinds!
You didn't offend me, I just occasionally(on very rare occasions )like to pop off at the mouth. And you also strengthened both of our points -- if everyone ignored him, no publicity. No publicity, no money = no problem. (IOW, the people who are heckling him are so annoyed by it, and yet they are encouraging the situation by bringing the very publicity he seeks).
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 11:00 AM   #23
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
Why do people take pleasure in watching the suffering and discomfort of others?
Well, David Blaine wants people to take pleasure in his suffering. Otherwise why is he letting everyone watch him starve himself? He is causing himself far more unneccessary discomfort than the people throwing eggs are. Which is rather ironic, really
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.

Last edited by sun-star : 10-02-2003 at 11:03 AM.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 11:56 AM   #24
Sween
im quite stupid

I never had thought of it like that BOP! hes gone in my estimations of him been a complete************
Old 10-02-2003, 03:12 PM   #25
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Now go down to London and throw an egg in my name, will ya? That goes for anyone else in the London area...
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 03:16 PM   #26
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
Now go down to London and throw an egg in my name, will ya? That goes for anyone else in the London area...
Unfortinally Cockermouth is the other end of the country but my sis has been down and abused him
Old 10-02-2003, 04:36 PM   #27
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

My mate wanted me to go down with her but it would take about 5 or 6 hours to get there and i wasn't going all that way just to throw an egg.

Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 11:04 PM   #28
azalea
Long lost mooter

I wasn't saying anyone should admire him, but why not just ignore him? Of course it's stupid, but why bother taking time out of life to act like an idiot towards another idiot (or whatever people think about him)? I think people just use it as an excuse to throw things and be mean to someone. They'd like to be doing it to other people on the street, but that would be considered assault. I just think it says something about people that I hate to see. It's not him and what he's doing, I really couldn't care less, it's the way the general population acts that bothers me -- and the mob mentality makes it worse. I bet if people had reacted by standing in circles holding hands and singing under him that all the idiots throwing stuff would instead have been right in there holding hands and singing.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote