Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-08-2003, 10:04 AM   #21
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

It definitely has some good things going for it. I am willing to see it.

Oh, and I know this is irrelevant, but I love the soundtrack to Hook.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:05 PM   #22
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

I like John William's scores, but unfortunatly, most of them are too alike. He seems to like doing big 'hero' themes. I was so surprised when I first found out that he wrote the score in The Patriot, simply because I didn't think he could do music that subtle. I really like it, though, and often wonder why he does such big elaborate themes most of the time. But, then, I suppose that's what the directors want him to do.
My favorite movie composer is probably Hans Zimmer, of Gladiator, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Pearl Harbor (among others).
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 08:19 PM   #23
Diaxion
Elven Warrior

Yeah i saw it and I am very exited to see it. Mostly because it will probably be the next good Disney Film after Pirates of the Carribean. All in all I think Disney is coming back with these like action films.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:06 PM   #24
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

um, i didnt think that this was disney...?

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 07:55 PM   #25
Diaxion
Elven Warrior

Hello anybody there? Of course it is a disney film. They made the original cartoon and the ride.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:06 PM   #26
HOBBIT

I'll take your word for it. I wasn't aware that it was a disney film, thought someone else was doing this version for some reason.

That makes THREE stupid disney movies based on rides, don't they have any better ideas? :P POTC, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion. What's next, tiki tiki room?

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Old 08-12-2003, 08:56 PM   #27
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

This version of Peter Pan being released in December is Not a Disney production. Iron Parrot wrote out in an earlier post who the creators are.

Peter Pan was a story written by J.M. Barrie, it was not origionally Disney's story. He made the cartoon in the 50s and the ride was based on the movie, the movie was NOT based on the ride like Pirates or the Haunted Mansion.

And let me just say Peter Pan the movie AND the ride are NOT stupid by any means, of course that is my opinion. Peter Pan is a great story and I for one am looking forward to this movie.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 10:53 PM   #28
HOBBIT

woah woah woah

Ok I should STOP taking people's word for things. I was fairly postitive that it WAS NOT a disney movie - i even looked it up on the net to try to find some disney ties (and found none). Usually in the previews they say Disney if they are disney.

IN YOUR FACE Diaxion , you were so wrong - and i was right nananananan (i know him in rl, so i can say whatever i want to :P).

I like the Peter Pan ride - and its my parents favorite ride at disney, i've been on it dozens of times.

I didn't say Peter Pan is stupid - just it is the billionith time its been remade in any form (tv, movies, etc). Third movie that i know of, probably more if i look it up.

I know that the disney ride was based on their cartoon movie I also know the origins of Peter Pan, although I have not read it and have no desire to.

I wasn't saying that all disney movies were based on rides - NO (thinking that the Peter Pan Disney cartoon was based on the Disney ride would be idiotic). Only that their most recent movies ARE based on rides - that seems to be their latest trend. Not cool, imo :P

Old 08-13-2003, 07:50 PM   #29
Diaxion
Elven Warrior

Just because it doesn't say disney doesn't mean it is disney.
For example if it is released under Touchstone(spelling) or any other disney subsiderary than it still is a disney film.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:03 PM   #30
Diaxion
Elven Warrior

I was wrong. I went to the movies site and found out that it was being produced by Universal Studios, Revolution Studios, and Colombia pictures. All of these companies are not owned by disney. Colombia and Revolution are both owned by Sony. And Universal owns itself.
Sorry
Old 08-24-2003, 05:58 PM   #31
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

WOW! you guys getting really heated up about this! too bad jw isnt doing the score but i like jnh just fine his score for UNBREAKABLE was great. i look forward to seeing the new peter pan movie, it great or it might not, but!, never judge a movie by its preview. i learned that with league of extraordinary gentlemen.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:34 PM   #32
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Actually, one can decern a bit from the preview of Peter Pan- and I don't like what I do. For instance, the children have an aunt (evil aunt by the looks of it), and somebody is very rich, either the Darlings or this aunt. These things are not in the book.
There are a few other things about it too, I don't like, but that's just my own opinion: Peter's too old, and he's blonde (he has dark hair in my imagination). Smee is too old to be a bo'sun, he looks like a thin Santa Claus. Hook's hook; it's certainly not the traditional one, and it looks like it was made out of aluminum foil.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote