Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2003, 01:36 AM   #21
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
A Virginian who likes a team from Georgia? litte traiter. You need to come up from downstate sometime and catch an Oriole game Elvellyn.
The only reason I cant get Turner South down here is because of them Orioles up yonder. j/k
I've never been to an Orioles game before. I might just do that. But of course I'd have to come when they were playing the Braves...and cheer for the visitors.

BTW, How did you know I was from downstate?

Last edited by Elvellyn : 03-22-2003 at 08:03 PM.
Elvellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 11:40 AM   #22
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
March madness - is that what the New Iraqi War is?
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 12:32 AM   #23
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

what a game

Well that Arizona-Gonzaga game was easily one of the best tournament games Ive ever seen. Double over time one point thrillers are always cool. Too bad Gonzaga didnt pull the upset though like I had predicted in my picks.....

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 12:34 AM   #24
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvellyn
The only reason I cant get Turner South down here is because of them Orioles up yonder. j/k
I've never been to an Orioles game before. I might just do that. But of course I'd have to come when they were playing the Braves...and cheer for the visitors.

BTW, How did you know I was from downstate?
Oh Ive read enough of your posts my dear to realize that. A non-Virginian never would have known any difference but a northern virginian can sniff out a downstater any time.

Old 03-23-2003, 12:44 AM   #25
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Re: what a game

Quote:
Well that Arizona-Gonzaga game was easily one of the best tournament games Ive ever seen. Double over time one point thrillers are always cool. Too bad Gonzaga didnt pull the upset though like I had predicted in my picks.....
You've got that right. I was pulling for Gonzaga all the way. That's what college basketball and March Madness is all about.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 03:26 PM   #26
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

my condolances on IU's demise Lizra. Pitt is a really tough team to beat.

Old 03-23-2003, 10:40 PM   #27
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

All I can say is War Eagle! Look at the lowly 10-seed Auburn taking down the 2-seed Wake Forest. They're in the Sweet 16. I'm glad that they made the statement that they belong in the tournament.

Old 03-24-2003, 07:32 AM   #28
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
my condolances on IU's demise Lizra. Pitt is a really tough team to beat.
Thanks....Well, "GO BUTLER BUllDOGS"!
Old 03-24-2003, 01:17 PM   #29
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Yeah who would have thought both Butler and Auburn would still be alive at this point in the tournament. One woman in my pool actually picked both of them to go that far. Luck is just amazing sometimes i tell you....

Old 03-26-2003, 07:27 AM   #30
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

It's so exciting! Butler is going to play Oklahoma! On the local news last night, they talked of how Butler had the highest graduation rate of the members of the basketball teams (or some kind of academic rate) of all the colleges competing. There was quite a bit of snickering when Oklahoma's rate of "zero" was mentioned. Well, I doubt many bets are on Butler, but I'm sure things are pretty "up" in the food service area at Atherton Hall! Go Bulldogs!
Old 03-27-2003, 04:07 PM   #31
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
It's so exciting! Butler is going to play Oklahoma! On the local news last night, they talked of how Butler had the highest graduation rate of the members of the basketball teams (or some kind of academic rate) of all the colleges competing. There was quite a bit of snickering when Oklahoma's rate of "zero" was mentioned. Well, I doubt many bets are on Butler, but I'm sure things are pretty "up" in the food service area at Atherton Hall! Go Bulldogs!
hey anything could happen at any time. thats what this tournament is all about. i mean im shocked they made it this far but i watched the press conference after and they said hey we KNEW we were good and could beat anyone and we were a little ticked we got no press or respect at all. well they sure proved it now. that one kid as 8 for 9 on three pointers! if they shoot like that against Oklahoma theyll give them everything they can handle. but Oklahoma is just a solid team. and can go toe to toe shooting threes with anyone in the country. and their defense is the best in the country so it will be a real test.

Old 03-29-2003, 12:51 AM   #32
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

*sigh* Auburn got beat by Syracuse. I must admit that I expected it, but they were so close... At least they proved their point that they belonged in the tournament.

I guess Lizra can understand because Butler got beat too. Sorry Liz...

Old 03-31-2003, 10:41 PM   #33
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well my pick went down on sunday so Im just a spectator now. Although i DID pick Marquette getting past Kentucky to get into the final four! And nobody else I know thought that. *proud*

Old 03-31-2003, 10:45 PM   #34
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I wish Butler could have gone round one more time! Oh well,
Old 04-01-2003, 12:06 AM   #35
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Boy, Marquette sure took Kentucky to the woodshed. I didn't see that one coming. If Marquette keeps playing like that, I don't know if anyone can beat them.

And I'm glad Syracuse beat the snot out of Oklahoma. Makes Auburn's 1-point loss look that much better.

Old 04-01-2003, 05:13 AM   #36
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
And I'm glad Syracuse beat the snot out of Oklahoma. Makes Auburn's 1-point loss look that much better.
Sheesh - an entire basketball court full of snot noses - yuck....... don't see the attraction in that
Old 04-01-2003, 11:34 AM   #37
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
Sheesh - an entire basketball court full of snot noses - yuck....... don't see the attraction in that
makes the floor a little slippery. Hey Baby-K do they even play basketball down there? I know rugby is big there.

Old 04-02-2003, 12:05 AM   #38
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

No wonder my sister's boyfriend was mad! (He likes Kentucky)
That is the extent of my knowledge regarding college basketball.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:11 AM   #39
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvellyn
No wonder my sister's boyfriend was mad! (He likes Kentucky)
That is the extent of my knowledge regarding college basketball.
see Elvellyn you should have played in the pool. the girl who is winning is like your age and didnt even know kentucky was any good. it happens every damn year.....

Old 04-02-2003, 01:34 AM   #40
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
makes the floor a little slippery. Hey Baby-K do they even play basketball down there? I know rugby is big there.
Yeah they do, but as you said it's not as big here (they play softball etc too, but the American sports haven't really caught on here). You're right, rugby is the biggest, but cricket & soccer is also right up there. For the girls it's Netball & Field Hockey.