Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-20-2004, 11:20 AM   #21
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradrim
I think Saruman was just misunderstood as I have said about Morgoth and Sauron. He just wanted to know a littl emore about the rings so the other members of the council labeled him as a wierdo and then eventually he started listening to Sauron who was telling him that he had the right to do what he wanted like any good person should. Then when he joined Sauron Gandalf and the rest were shocked and fought him. Why? because Gandalf and the WHite COuncil had sticks up their *** and were to used to traditional ideas o fgood and evil. Poor Saruman.
Misunderstood? No-no!! He turned naughty indeed! Consorted with orcs and cut down forests and would have happily enslaved both you and me! Corrupted by power!

Gandalf & co. were being faithful to their good mission... and standing up for the freedom of all!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:39 PM   #22
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olmer
But if it so , I have another thought , or rather speculation.
As we know, Saruman is Maya, just like Sauron.
Sauron was quite unpopular among Valar, kind like a black sheep, which was always causing troubles,but nevertheless on numerous time, even if his body was totally destroyed, he was not cast out in the Void, his spirit endured and was allowed to come back.
So, considering that Saruman is even the lesser evil, will it be reasonable to assume that he lost only his bodily form, his "shell", but his soul, just like Sauron's, went into hiding and recuperating?
Then, if we will take in account the fact that he, indeed, made a Power Ring of his own with maybe lesser abilities then The One Ring, we might say that as time goes by (like in 20 or 21 century? )Saruman has very great chances to take a visible shape again and became a powerfull evil figure ?

As I see Tolkien already hinted on such possibility.
What do you think about this one?
my thoughts too! if i was the fan-fic type, this is always a sequel i thought would be interesting
Old 08-20-2004, 04:06 PM   #23
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradrim
I think Saruman was just misunderstood as I have said about Morgoth and Sauron. He just wanted to know a littl emore about the rings so the other members of the council labeled him as a wierdo and then eventually he started listening to Sauron who was telling him that he had the right to do what he wanted like any good person should. Then when he joined Sauron Gandalf and the rest were shocked and fought him. Why? because Gandalf and the WHite COuncil had sticks up their *** and were to used to traditional ideas o fgood and evil. Poor Saruman.
I agree with Valandil - plus, they did listened to Saruman, which almost made them lose to Sauron. Saruman didn't want the council to attack Sauron in Dol Guldur, since he wanted the Ring to reappear to the call of its master - he eventually decided to attack (with the white council) when Sauron was close to find the Ring (or so Saruman thought). Which was too late.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:10 PM   #24
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

I was being an idiot in my previous one I didnt mean much of it. ... or did I.