Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-01-2003, 07:28 PM   #21
SamwiseGamgeeOTS
Elven Warrior

Location: A quaint little hole which last time I checked was somewhere near Ohio, Middle-Earth.
I wanna know how someone could possibly come up with this conclusion....seriously! people just need to read the books to figure out that Harry is definatly in now way gay....savvy?
Old 08-02-2003, 04:51 PM   #22
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

And just how do you come to that conclusion, dahling?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 12:50 AM   #23
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Probably because you want it to be so....

I agree with EG's earlier post--that JKR won't write him as gay because, unfortuneately, that would lose lots of readers. Not half of them disapointed preteen girls.

It's kind of silly for people to start calling Harry an icon for gays or whatever it was that was said, when there have been no intimations (well, maybe very subtle ones...).

It's kind of silly for Harry to be an icon for anything except one-dimensional teenage angst.

tano

p.s. I would like to add that if you use the word gay as it used to be used about fifty years ago (and before then), Harry is most definetly NOT. *grin* Stupid angry boy.

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Last edited by Tanoliel : 08-03-2003 at 12:52 AM.
Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 02:03 AM   #24
Eruviel Greenleaf

Yes, yes, good point, Tano! Harry Potter gay? Not really, seeing as all he does is mope. Perhaps a better description for Gred and Forge.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 08-03-2003, 06:28 PM   #25
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

As long as it isn't Gred WITH Forge...I have nothing against them being gay--it's perfectly plausible--just not with each OTHER. Incest...EWWW...

(Saw a cute George-Oliver fic the other day....or was it George someone else? Don't remember...)

tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 08-04-2003, 01:45 AM   #26
Eruviel Greenleaf

No, not gay like that! Gay like cheerful! Of course, I could see that, too. . .aw, George an' Oliver, how cute!

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 08-04-2003, 10:00 PM   #27
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Quote:
It's kind of silly for Harry to be an icon for anything except one-dimensional teenage angst.
Well, I tend to think that he's an icon for gifted children, but to each his own...

But really, the rest of you: stop reading so much slash fanfic and go back over the real books for a change.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:18 PM   #28
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot

But really, the rest of you: stop reading so much slash fanfic and go back over the real books for a change.
Nah, I like the slash better

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 08-05-2003, 08:20 PM   #29
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Icon for gifted one dimensional characters with teenage angst, then.

I'm sorry...just his actions in book five made me really annoyed.

I am actually really interested to see--and not so I can pick them apart--evidence that people have from the books to suggest that Harry is gay. Ya know. Out of curiosity...

Slash fanfic is fun...but I don't think the real books will turn out like that.

tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 08-08-2003, 02:50 AM   #30
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Quote:
I am actually really interested to see--and not so I can pick them apart--evidence that people have from the books to suggest that Harry is gay. Ya know. Out of curiosity...
A debate... on the Internet?!... supported with evidence?

Where???
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 08:11 PM   #31
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Well, I was hoping to start a debate with evidence...

I guess I'm just too optimistic.

Evidence...honestly...

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 09-04-2003, 01:46 PM   #32
galadriel
Elven Warrior

Rabid slash fans will force any characters into their mold, won't they? I've especially never understood pairing Draco with Harry, let alone any Gryffindor. How is that at all plausible?

Oh, well. If they want to dream....

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 11:30 PM   #33
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
Hehe. I don't think they want to.

Any way, I don't see why it should matter. Harry being gay or straight, that is. He is clearly attracted to girls (it has been stated a fact!), so he can't be just gay. He can, however, be straight or bisexual, but him being strictly gay is out of the picture (Cho? the Veela? and other girls, I'm sure). The bisexual thought can be entertained, but plain old homosexual? Nope. He can't have any likenings towards females at ALL in order to be homosexual.

It's a dead argument if you ask me. They should be calling him a bisexual, if anything.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 11:42 PM   #34
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I think him being bi is perfectly plausible; a lot of people are bi (or lean that way) without realizing and/or admitting it. I do, however, think that Rowling won't develop that at all. It would lose those persnickey readers....geez.

tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 09-28-2003, 01:59 PM   #35
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

harry is neither gay nor gay.

he is not gay, because he clearly has an interest in girls.

he is not gay, because he realizes that he must kill voldemort or voldemort will kill him. and his godfather was just killed. so hes not a happy camper.
Old 09-28-2003, 02:01 PM   #36
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Quote:
Originally posted by Evenstar1400
harry is neither gay nor gay.

he is not gay, because he clearly has an interest in girls.

he is not gay, because he realizes that he must kill voldemort or voldemort will kill him. and his godfather was just killed. so hes not a happy camper.
Hee...nicely put.

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 10-05-2003, 04:17 PM   #37
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

maybe im the onlt one but, i find it rather amusing that people think of harry as a gay icon. my friend kate and i have always called harry and ron gay, but not seriously. (well, only a little seriously... )and so what if he turns out to be gay? theres nothing wrong with that.

personally harry really bugs me cause he is always so morose all the time. that kid needs councling anyway.

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 06:55 PM   #38
galadriel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by eowyngirl14
personally harry really bugs me cause he is always so morose all the time. that kid needs councling anyway.
Hehe... all characters in all books/movies/shows need counseling as far as I'm concerned. It would solve all their problems! Harry would certainly benefit from some, especially after the events of book five....

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 02:52 PM   #39
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel
Hehe... all characters in all books/movies/shows need counseling as far as I'm concerned. It would solve all their problems! Harry would certainly benefit from some, especially after the events of book five....
yes i agree... i think harry is bipolar. and i think that it would be realistic if Molly Weasly tried to get him to talk to a counsler about his 'inner feelings'. ofcoarse he would refuse, but this is gettting off topic. so!

ya, harry being bi, i could see that.

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:35 PM   #40
Percy Weasley
Enting

Dear me, this gets tedious.

Of course Harry is not gay. As soon as he got old enough to feel those sort of feelings, he developed a massive infatuation with Cho. And as soon as he found out that she was not his type, he moved on. It seems to me as if he will be linking up with Luna before long. Ron obviously has feelings for Hermione (look at how he acted when she went to the ball with Viktor), so he is not gay either.

I have no problem with homosexuality, but it annoys me beyond measure when people try to read it in where it does not exist, like it is a measure of how "cool" a book is.

Draco/Harry slash is just sick, primarily because Draco is an obnoxious git, just like his father.

And for the record, I am not gay either. Just ask Penelope.

Distraught and alarmed,
~Percy

~~~~~~~~

Howard Dean in 2004!
Percy Weasley is offline   Reply With Quote