Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-22-2003, 09:17 PM   #21
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

Ah, I don't see the point in trying because last time someone tried it didn't work. The only time the record ever gets broken is when no one "tries" at all, it just happens by chance.

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 09:29 PM   #22
azalea
Long lost mooter

The best way to do it would be for Giroth to pick a time in his/ her time zone and post it as "the time." then in the same post, list what time it will be in other time zones (the North American time zones, European time zones, and Pacific time zones seem to be mostly what we have here), so that everyone can see at a glance what time they need to get on on the chosen day. Then just do daily reminders, including on "the day." Then see what happens.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 07:47 AM   #23
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I 'd suggest the day after RoTK came out, but still..no way man! It'll keep you busy though, I guess.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:10 AM   #24
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

Quote:
The best way to do it would be for Giroth to pick a time in his/ her time zone and post it as "the time." then in the same post, list what time it will be in other time zones (the North American time zones, European time zones, and Pacific time zones seem to be mostly what we have here), so that everyone can see at a glance what time they need to get on on the chosen day. Then just do daily reminders, including on "the day." Then see what happens.
Thats a good idea!

But isn't there like no where near 72 active users because i mean i know there are loads of members but there aren't that many of us who come like everyday.

It would still be good to try though!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 02:05 PM   #25
azalea
Long lost mooter

I identified 73 members who currently post regularly, but chances are slim they'd all be on at once, and I'm sure not enough of them would care about breaking the record to make a point of being on then. Then again, there are currently 10 guests on the board, so if enough members showed up and we happened to have that many guests, it could be done.
Old 09-23-2003, 03:12 PM   #26
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I doubt this could be done. The highest normal count was something like 42 or 43, right?

40 was/is only approached rarely.

Usually its around 10-20 active users.

When the record of 72 was made - there were over 50 guest bots at the time.

I doubt that there are more than 72 ppl who post regularly in a month - i'd guess 40 tops, in three months i'd say 60 different people (maybe). If someone wants to count and prove me wrong, go ahead.

If you really cared about it, everyone could show up and log off and be counted as a guest, then log back in. Getting two votes for one person is cheating though.

Goodluck if you want to attempt this.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 04:02 PM   #27
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

Ok,here I go.........

How about between 1:00 and 2:00 on this friday?I am in the PACIFIC STANDARD time zone,so that would be the time for me.

I guess just change this time based on the time zone YOU live in,and we can have a date set.Tell me if this works for you,or if you want me to be more exact.

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

It's pronounced 'Hether', not 'Heether', biznotch!
Giroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:49 PM   #28
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Giroth
Ok,here I go.........

How about between 1:00 and 2:00 on this friday?I am in the PACIFIC STANDARD time zone,so that would be the time for me.

I guess just change this time based on the time zone YOU live in,and we can have a date set.Tell me if this works for you,or if you want me to be more exact.
1:00 or 2:00 PM, I take it? That would be 4:00 or 5:00 PM for me.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 01:38 PM   #29
azalea
Long lost mooter

...which is Eastern, right? Me, too.
Giroth, you say Standard time. We're still in Daylight Savings time, aren't you?
Pick EITHER 1 or 2, because that way there's a better chance. People would only have to log on for a couple of minutes.

Another way to boost the odds would be to have each participating member have a friend or two log on at the same time as a guest.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:59 PM   #30
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Yes azalea, that is eastern.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 09-24-2003, 03:30 PM   #31
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

oh sorry;1:00 Pm or 2:00 PM.

How about exactly at 1:30 PM?(Pacific time)

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

Old 09-24-2003, 09:39 PM   #32
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
...which is Eastern, right? Me, too.
Giroth, you say Standard time. We're still in Daylight Savings time, aren't you?
Pick EITHER 1 or 2, because that way there's a better chance. People would only have to log on for a couple of minutes.

Another way to boost the odds would be to have each participating member have a friend or two log on at the same time as a guest.
In that case it'll never be broken again, there'd be so man on. I like that idea.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:39 PM   #33
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

1.30pm
Don't forget a few of us over here will be at school at that time my lunchtime is over at that time plus the computers have this dodgy thing on so i can't go on message boards.
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 03:37 PM   #34
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

sorry...but that's the best time for me,at least.Anybody have a better time?i don't have to be on when we do this.

Old 09-25-2003, 04:18 PM   #35
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Varda Oiolosseo
1.30pm
Don't forget a few of us over here will be at school at that time my lunchtime is over at that time plus the computers have this dodgy thing on so i can't go on message boards.
Quote:
Originally posted by Giroth sorry...but that's the best time for me,at least.Anybody have a better time?i don't have to be on when we do this.
Well, that's the kind of problems that are going to happen. The time is bad because it is earlier in the day, and folks are in school, or at work, and may not have computer access. If the time is made later, then it may be too late for people that live in other parts of the world. I would suggest choosing a weekend day, Saturday may be good. That way, most people won't be in school or at work, and people are also more prone to keeping later hours on that night, because they don't have to get up so early.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 09-26-2003, 04:16 PM   #36
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

yeah,I agree......besides,I don't HAVE to be there when it happens.

How about this Saturday at 6:00 P.M?

tell me if that will work.

Old 09-26-2003, 04:41 PM   #37
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

I'll try to be there...
Old 09-26-2003, 04:44 PM   #38
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

ok,sweet.Can anybody else do it then?

Old 09-26-2003, 05:10 PM   #39
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Giroth
ok,sweet.Can anybody else do it then?
I can probably be available then. Giroth, I think since you wanted to break the record so badly, that it is important for you to be there most of all.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 09-26-2003, 05:19 PM   #40
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

I appreciate it,sister.I MAY be here then,if my family gets done with our long trip and errands......it should only be a few hours,but I think I can be back 6:00.