Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2004, 03:28 PM   #21
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
A nickname? not really...Lizra's pretty short!
I meant Last Child of Ungoliant. Sorry if that was confusing!

Quote:
Originally posted by Beruthiel's cat

The most calming thing I can think of is to have my cat curl up next to me and fall asleep, purring. The most beautiful sound is a cat's purr, hands down.

Yes, absolutely! When I was looking at the sky yesterday (with no clouds) lying on my back on the rock, suddenly my cat was right there, looking at me. He's so quiet, until he wants you to konw he's there. Then he's really quite loud! Yeah, cats are good nature-enjoying companions. He sleeps with me on the porch sometimes too...

Last edited by katya : 04-05-2004 at 03:32 PM.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:54 PM   #22
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
originally posted by Katya
I meant Last Child of Ungoliant. Sorry if that was confusing!
my name is chrys, everyone else (at the 'moot) calls me chrys anyway. It is first line of my sig ...
look
. l
. l
. l
. l
. l
. l
. l
. l
. l
.\/
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:43 PM   #23
katya
Elven Maiden

I see. I wondered, when I saw that. Well, nice to meet you, Chrys!

I think there's a full moon last night? Or maybe last night.. anyway, I was looking at it last night when I was driving home, and I almost swerved off the road! (know why I was driving? Midnight run for frosting! I love cake!!!) I almost wish I didn't know the moon was rocky...it sounds dry, like peanuts when you really want corn and potatoes and a burger. It was so birght though! It looked nice against the sky.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:50 PM   #24
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

That moon was huge, golden-yellow and gorgeous! I enjoyed looking at it this morning (out my kitchen window as I made my husband's sandwich for work ) at 6 am, as it sank in the west. I hope we get another tonight!
Old 04-05-2004, 05:52 PM   #25
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

i am looking out of my window, and there is no moon
too many clouds here
Old 04-05-2004, 09:56 PM   #26
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

the moon sort of scares me (i know, weird, right?) it makes me feel very mortal, and very small

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:06 PM   #27
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I like spiders. At least right up until they start looking at you funny while you're sitting on the potty.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:16 PM   #28
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

ick! lol

no, spiders r very yucky; their only purpose is to eat yuckier bugs and be eaten by nice little mammals and reptiles and fishies

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 04:38 AM   #29
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ravyn
the moon sort of scares me (i know, weird, right?) it makes me feel very mortal, and very small
I love the moon. It's so hypnotic to just sit and watch. I also live by the moon - the lunar calander.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 05:28 PM   #30
Janny
The Blobbit

A real goth then! Do you just mean you keep record of the moon time and live by gregorian? Also do you keep track of other cosmic things, like proper astrology etc?

Also I suggest for nature people a very good book called 'Supernature' by Lyall Watson published in 1973. It is fascinating, though I don't know how up to date. It is 'a natural history of the supernatural', but its critical acclaim derives from its very scientific approach. Good book.

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Janny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:34 PM   #31
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Yeah, I like by the moon, well not all the times but around half of the time. It can get quite tricky to keep a hold of. And I also follow 'proper astrology'. I spend many a night up on the moors in the pitch black (or almost - plus the occasionaly car headlight), just staring at the stars and seeing what constolations (my spelling gets worse!). And keeping an eye out for the Northen Lights. Which I've seen a couple of times. Not very good sightings around where I live, but they are still breathtaking none-the-less!
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 04-08-2004, 01:44 PM   #32
Janny
The Blobbit

I used to do that, but I don't think u can see much where i live either.

Did you know, the voltage across a person can be measured. The difference in voltage across the head and across the chest is greater in those who are insane than those who are sane. However, the difference in voltage is greater in everyone at the time a full moon... giving rise to lunacy, insanity caused by moon... cool no?

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:56 PM   #33
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Huh? Sorry you lost me at 'Did you know....'

I've been ill, it's not my fault I'm dumb, and then even dumber when I'm ill!
Old 04-08-2004, 02:05 PM   #34
Janny
The Blobbit

Aww you're not dumb.

Ok, the voltage, force pushing electrical current can be measured across different parts of the body. The difference between the voltage in different parts of the body can be measured. The difference between the voltage across the head and the voltage across the head in sane person is less than in an insane person. But this difference increases in all people at the full moon. Suggesting all get more insane!

Old 04-08-2004, 02:14 PM   #35
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I think I'm at the height of my insanity!

But it may be possible. The moon has been connected with loads of wierd and sometimes wonderful things. Along with comets etc.

And I am dumb - you haven't seen me at my worst!
Old 04-08-2004, 02:20 PM   #36
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

the moon has to have connections to us,
the earth is 1/4 water, and the moon creates the tides.
the human body is 1/4 water...see the connection?
Old 04-08-2004, 04:08 PM   #37
Janny
The Blobbit

yes dammit, that was the connection i was going to make!
There are also fascinating things about humans, especially those who've lost senses... eg blind people who can tell colour by feeling texture, through glass covers etc, and a blind Italian who is sensitive to light with her left ear... And the case of Ted Serios, the man who could create photographs of places he'd never been by staring into a camera.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:15 PM   #38
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
the moon has to have connections to us,
the earth is 1/4 water, and the moon creates the tides.
the human body is 1/4 water...see the connection?
I thought the human body was more like 70% water? Either way, interesting thing to think about..

Janny, that's totally weird! I wish I could do stuff like that. All I can do is touch my nose with my tongue!

As for my daily nature encounter, my cat brought a small rodent in the house. What a brat...
Old 04-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #39
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally posted by katya
I thought the human body was more like 70% water? Either way, interesting thing to think about..
maybe you're right,
all i know for certain is that the
Earth and Body have the exact same proportions
of water to matter ratio
Old 04-09-2004, 12:51 PM   #40
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

ahhh...well not many beautiful places around here, but when I see one I sit there and enjoy

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote