Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2005, 09:35 AM   #1
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

I hear you Nurv, I'd think it would be awkward too if my parents were present. So I understand you well. We can have that fika online in the Teacup Café instead
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
vollyana
Sapling

No cause of PARENTS. But it sometimes isn't a good idea with or without the rents saying NO, NO WAY, ABSULOTY NOT, and OUT OF THE QUESTION. So yeah...
vollyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Dozens. Many of my best friends I met first on the internet. And I use the 'net to communicate with people I knew first irl who are far.

I think skills for being friends irl are poorly communicated online. I'm fortunate in having some pretty warm friends I met in online environments, but I'd have to say not all the people I thought would be friends wound up that way.

As katya said...they smelled bad.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #4
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I'm glad this thread got bumped, because here's another aspect of when real life meets the internet. I wonder what other meme's will go bizarrely mainstream.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

I often feel closer to many online friends than I do to many real life friends, though certainly not all, because it is usually a common interest (i.e. Tolkien, etc.) that brings people together on the 'net. Real life, by comparision, is more about proximity in many cases. There are a lot of "forum friends" over the years that I would consider "real" friends.

You can be my friend on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...47&ref=profile
Old 03-19-2009, 04:07 AM   #6
Miss Cassandra
Elven Warrior

I have never met anyone I know on the internet, Although I would like to someday. I remember some of you from years ago, and would love a chance to finally meet you guys.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #7
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

I think people feel that they can connect with people easier on the internet. You can find people that are like you, or share similar interest, just like entmoot. We all love the works of Tolkien, so here we are. So people feel that they can talk to each other over the internet, because there is nothing to judge, just the words you type.

I've met one person over the internet in real life, and it was awesome. Though, I didn't have much time cause I was in Ocean City, and I had a curfew so I had to hop on the bus and get back to my street, but it was still really cool.

I think there isn't a problem with having online friends as long as you are smart and mature about it.
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
shesabrandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote