Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-11-2004, 10:28 PM   #1
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Yay! I'm crazy!

Yes, I think our teacher would make a great character... or at least an interesting one... lol.

And, padroot, I love your idea! I was wondering how Calyniel should escape. To let her escape without anyone noticing until after they think they saw her die, should be quite interesting...

Sici... good idea, but I doubt I'll be able to be the one meeting you.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."

Last edited by ethuiliel : 11-12-2004 at 05:29 PM.
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:22 PM   #2
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

It's my birthday! I'm 16! And I just got back from my driver's test, which I PASSED! -does happy vroobadoo driving dance-

Anywho, welcome to Padroot! I'd write another poem, but I think I've d TB enough.

Hmm... my teachers would make... interesting RP characters. But I luffeth them all! 'Cept Mr. Gherman is a corner-killer! -angerness-

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:30 PM   #3
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Location: on this little place called earth or is it middle earth
Gimli

i was just wondering your thoughts on this so we can start getting these thoughts to reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostyia Delr-Padroot
i have a few ideas i would like to put in. first me,ethuiliel, Camellia Baggins have a very intresting new character. this character is based on a teacher (who says it's okay with him) we were wondering if its find to add him. we three will be controlling him together. he would be a barthlam. thanks me.

next sooner or later Calyniel will be figured out about we have disscused and i would like to suggest that is how my character gets introduced. when she is at the exucution her head gets cut off. as an example ofcourse. and when the exacutioner puts it on public display it goes "poof" and disappears. and in the background you hear an old lady laghing. when they check the chamber she is gone. oh yeah we may have met when she droped off her horse at the inn. and let me make it clear she doesn't die but gets away.
P.S.i make the illusion
thank you lots

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
second i said i would introduce my teachers character so here goes (she writes with ethuiliel giggling right beside her)

name: Tarkhjn Pavhowlh (or just pavhowl) the j sound is the sound of an i as in in.
age 135years not seconds days or weeks
personality: ANNOYING! but a genious, unfortunatly for others. he has many contacts but prefers just using his cover up as a merchant and jipping his customers while confusing them. perposely takes things literly(sorry for mispells) even though they dont relate to anything that matters. very annil about language. loves to make random connections all the time.
looks:short and stocky, has a dark beard with one little random spot that is white. (and is a real feature about him exept is a gotee) he is going bald on the top but no one ever mentions it he has dark hazel eyes. and a pale skin. also has big ears he is 4 feet three inches. has tons of hair on arms.
Lostyia Delr-Padroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 04:45 PM   #4
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

It's amazing how well you discribe him, and how easy it is to adjust him to fit the character of a Dwarvish merchant... lol.

And... I'm still very apprehensive about writing an overheard converation.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."

Last edited by ethuiliel : 11-16-2004 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:08 PM   #5
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

new chacter-lostyia

name:Lostyia Delr- Padroot nickname: padroot (but some just call me lost)
Race: mix: Kishin and sprite
Occupation: wise old woman ( a warrior and wizard but just prefer wize old woman)
Appearence: i am 5 foot 4 inches use to be 6 foot 9 in before my stoop. i have blueish gray eyes (kinda like a fog). but they change acording to my mood. i have long dark brown hair with white streaks.i wear a humongous cloak that look like it don't git but has many goodies hidden in it. i have a staff that represents each of the elements. i dont like wearing shoes but will when i am in a phsicall battle.
Personality: very opionated, but not rude. gets exited over the simplist of theings. demand respect. i have a vague past (to others). very moody but also calm. (have to read between the lines with me.)
Weapons: a staff a bag of herbs a flute and a medallion. am good with a sword and shield also a good archer but prefer not to carry them. people get the wrong idea with them.
Allied with: i have no true allies but few believe i am allied with them and some think they are my enimies but i could care less. have many sources though.

loves: book and the earth. also to laugh randomly.

Last edited by Lostyia Delr-Padroot : 11-10-2004 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:26 PM   #6
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

All right now! LISTEN UP! This is not Middle Earth per say. It is Rathlas, during the same times as Middle Earth's last struggle with Sauron.

Use Rathlin terms like Kishin, not elves, and Ompatha'in or Ranareth instead of faery. I do like the fact that you've taken to this story, but please understand that while this rpg is teid in with Middle Earth, it is it's own unique land and tales.

Now, Sicirus has done a fine job of tieing in Middle Earth and making Rathlas a seperate place as well. She uses the term elf because of the fact that his character is an elf from Middle Earth. That is allowed, but only while your character is concidered of the "West Lands" as Middle Earth is called in Rathlas.

I don't mean to sound bossy or rude, but do remember that this rpg was and still is about what keeps the Kelena "princess" alive through these times, even though she hasn't been introduced yet. We've still got a ways to go before that happens. I also realize that rpgs take on a life of their own because the participents are so far removed from one another more often than not, making it more true to how things would happen, and at the same time making it veer off course.

Now, Sicirus, Camellia Baggins, and Lostyia Delr-Padroot, I will post your characters on the list. Thank you for joining and adding your insights and openions and ideas to this rpg.

Really, I do mean that! Honest! Oh, don't make me do the Tortuga Twin's opening lines again! O'kay fine I'll do them for you...

Children! Oh, children! If your parents do not bring you to see this show, it's because they don't really love you. Your real parents were eaten by evil space aliens. Santa Claus is really just wierd uncle Jimmy. Barnie secretly hates you. Sponge Bob Square Pants causes cancer, and we're not too sure about thoes darned Powerpuff Girls either. We'll tell you the real reason why Elmo wants to be tickled. Did you ever notice how that doll kind of vibrates? So, parents, bring your little ancle biters over here...

hehe. It goes on and on...

ethuiliel, you could make it to her remembering what happened and having kept it quiet, rethinking her decision to say nothing. She could have left with the others to begin with for some reason, then going back to her origional idea to go back to Kelekris to see what Eladda wanted her to know. The decision is really up to you. I'm waiting on TB. Dono if he's posted yet or not. Have to go see yet.

Sorry, Sicirus. I have the same problem at tolkienonline.

Come and visit Rathlas.
It's always being updated!
NEW ON RATHLAS: Links to Stargate Atlantis fanfiction posted.

Last edited by Narinya_Cocachitawa : 11-12-2004 at 10:55 PM.
Narinya_Cocachitawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:08 AM   #7
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Just so you know, Sicirus is a she, despite the fact that her character isn't.

Yay!! Camellia Baggins, you finally posted your character!! And I got you excited too ... lol.

I'm still really proud of myself... I got another recruit without even trying. Padroot (that's what you said to shorten it to, right?) saw/heard Camellia and I work on her character, and she wanted to join to. Go me!! Hey, can't I get excited about an RPG and be proud for recruiting? I don't care if Camellia Baggins calls me a psycotic poodle... I'll wear it as a badge of honor. No, I don't mean wearing a badge saying "psycotic poodle"... but I love being called crazy. Don't I, Sicirus?

Okay, I'll go post now.

Last edited by ethuiliel : 11-11-2004 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:34 PM   #8
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Gollum

any who about if im good or not that is a very vague side of my character because she choose neither and both like i said very vague. it will be reveild by her actions later i guess b/c its still in the air
emokid, i.d. selling -metophysically
she raises her wooden flute to spite pavhowlh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/612f359b.jpg

visit my site at http://cr8tivmind.proboards44.com/
Old 11-18-2004, 11:16 PM   #9
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostyia Delr-Padroot
any who about if im good or not that is a very vague side of my character because she choose neither and both like i said very vague. it will be reveild by her actions later i guess b/c its still in the air
Characters with unknown alliences are always perfect for any story.

Come and visit Rathlas.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:34 AM   #10
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Ah yes, shady alliances are very fun. They make for excellent potential plot twists.

By the way, I got green shoes! -huggles-

-ahem- Sorry about the lack of posting. I'm waiting for the merry group to gambole off to the plains so I can go chomping. Muahahaha!

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 10:16 PM   #11
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Can you tell us a little more about the geography of Rathlas? or do you have a map? I'm kind of confused, or should I say lost...

Old 11-26-2004, 01:13 PM   #12
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

I could ry and recreate the map with "Paint" or "Microsoft Picture It", but that wouldn't be as easy as just telling you. I've got about ten different maps of Rathlas as a whole, two or three on each indivitual city, and about five on each individual "Kingdome".

But, here's a general discription:

I guess we should start in the far North and West.

The land of Sheraninan is a rather soggy country. At the heart of it is an area called Laurin, much like the Dead Marshes near Mordor in Middle Earth.

South of that is a land called Bathsham, in other words, Mordor and the lands that the Easterlings inhabit. Sheraninan, however, extends much farther than that, and turns south into a mountainus region called Khazhad Calendelon who's capital is Corendela. And as you travel the length of the mountains south you come into a land called Calar.

Calar is only slightly hilly, and inhabited by the shorter Telokin people. Here a small river called Holbytla runs through the general cernter of the region.

Follow the Holbytla river East for three days and you will encounter a much larger river, the second largest in all of Rathlas called the Sheraninan River because it runs from the edge of Sheraninan in the North to much farther south of Calar into unknown lands. You'll still be in the general area inhabited by the Telokin, but there is no real name for this place. It is also here that you'll begin to see more of the taller Telokin.

Begin to move north again and you'll come into Esteme Ketor, but only after crossing the River Hope. Esteme Ketor actually begins at Uncoria Mountain that is slightly set out from the Khazhad Caledon mountains. The three main cities of Esteme Ketor are Estorer [just south of Sheraninan and a day wes of Uncoria Mountain. Nerador is situated allong the banks of the Sheraninan River about one and a half days travel north of the River Hope. Estorent, however, is south of Estorer and north of Nerador, also situated near the Sheraninan River, but equally as cloce to another river that boarders Esteme Ketor called the White river because it is so rough in all seasons. Farther east of Estorent are the Black Woods [called Blethan Weddin in old Nedarin] which is near the last boardering river called the Alantia River.

Directly north of Esteme Ketor as you cross the White River you come into a compleatly river sourounded land called Pheraya where the Ranareth usually are found. Traveling north from the White river, the lands become more and more hilly ntill you reach the Barren mountains, weathered hills, really, which hold the city of Kalafant which the Ompatha'in have overrun at aroud the time of this rp. Farther north, the lands are all flat, then green up a bit more as you near the Estorer Lake and creek which lead to the Salfray River. On the shores of the Estorer lake are the cities Phalmant and Pherason. The Alantia River, like with Esteme Ketor, also boarders the Eastern side of Pheraya.

North and a little East of Pheraya are the Short Mountains where Kirsinari inhabits the city of Ternata Tehortha wich [as Rathlin lore says] was created as a sister city to Minas Tirith in Middle Earth by the Quindi long before Man awakened. This land is a part of Lium Edeme. As you travel south of the Short Mountains in Lium Edeme, you come to the Kaltoloam planes, then to the Shaw River, half a day later to the River Alantia, and finally to the city of Meralet.

Traveling south of Meralet, you come into the Hills of Hefelo, kind of like Rohan. The Hills of Hefelo follow allong the Alantia River which makes a sudden Eastward swing that slowly slopes northwad from the southern end of Esteme Ketor. The capital of the Hills of Hefelo is called Eborner.

South of this, and a little more West towards Calar, you come to Salin Mala, a wodded area that is home to the five tribes; Kelena, Selena, Maya, and Decariel. The main cities here are Linara, Acarn, and Malindarin. The clear river runs through these woods, but though it enters the map from the south, it continues on Eastweard to the sea.

As you fallow this river, you come into Farna Sillilin, also a wooded land who's main city is south of the Clear River called Nenalef where Iandarin, the mythical prince of Nedar had hidden.

Not far north of Farna Sillilin, the land becomes bone dry once more. This land extends well into the north and is called Lelas. The cities of Vyddry, Breralon, Kemala, and Linar are all found here, each one carrying a different noted past. It was in Lelas that the Key to the Sky was destroied the first time. Lelas extends to the verry ocean its self. Some even concider the island of Caront to be a part of it, and the Alantia river cuts Lelas in half much like the Clear River does Farna Sillilin.

North of Lelas is Wasim. Wasim includes the Long Mountains and the Shaw Tree Woods. Near the Sea, the citis are Stella Maris, Telentlet, and Nimdolarian. The capital of Wasim is North of Nimdolarian, but inland around five day's travel called Edeme Lium. North and West of here are the Long Mountains where one would find the cities of Pareln and Kelekris [Areanna's city], as well as the mines of Resha. The Long mountains are south and east of the Kaltolam planes, and follow allong the River Alantia. The Shaw Tree Woods are where we first meet TB's character. They center around the Shaw River. The island of Norodil, north of Caront, is definitly a part of Wasim.

I hope that this helps.

Come and visit Rathlas.