Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-10-2001, 03:44 PM   #21
gdl96

Re: I'm the youngest on Entmoot!

I knew who you were. That's why I was wondering how you knew Tater. Now I know.
Old 03-10-2001, 04:33 PM   #22
anduin

I use a Mac. G3 to be exact.
Old 03-10-2001, 07:17 PM   #23
gdl96

Some macs are okay, like the high performance fancy ones, but imacs SUCK! They are horrible, useless pieces of ****. The only things they are good at is crashing, and they are good to decorate with in The Sims cuz you have so many colors that they'll go with anything.
Old 03-10-2001, 07:31 PM   #24
Elrond

don't like iMacs either. Macs in general r good though.
Old 03-10-2001, 08:23 PM   #25
noldo

Gee, I think my Mac is some sort of a hybrid.
Old 03-10-2001, 09:22 PM   #26
Idril Celebrindal

I'm a little unsure as to what type my mac is, actually...It's had it's insides torn out and replaced so many times since I got it that whatever it origionally was is probably no longer applicable.

oops... I just realised I'm posting under the wrong name. This is Elrond, btw...
Old 03-10-2001, 09:33 PM   #27
noldo

Isn't Idril a chick?
Old 03-11-2001, 01:44 AM   #28
mRoWrY

I don't care what you people say, I will always love my iMac... although a brand new titanium G4 would be nice ... hehe... I also have an old Mac IIci but seeing as it's like 25 mHz and that my mom stole the monitor so she could use 2 with her pc (grrrr) I can't do much with it now. =(
Old 03-11-2001, 02:05 AM   #29
gdl96

I wouldn't mind a Mac G4 Cube...as long as it had a three button optical mouse with a scrolly wheel and windows ME.
Old 03-11-2001, 02:09 AM   #30
mRoWrY

I've always wondered what one does with three mouse buttons. I have in my possession a two button scroll mouse (from the Wacom Graphire Tablet) which is a convenience over holding down the control key while clicking, but I've never understood what one does with so many buttons.
Old 03-11-2001, 02:40 AM   #31
gdl96

The third button on my mouse is vital for lazy people like me. It acts as a double-click, so to double click, I only have to click once! It's also customizable to do just about anything.
Old 03-11-2001, 03:16 AM   #32
mRoWrY

:lol: I never knew that... :lol: pc people are so funny.
Old 03-11-2001, 05:04 AM   #33
Elbreth of Carhouth

iMac's are really lousy... I mean that with all my heart. I'm a PC person, and I had to work on a Mac all summer... ick.
Mac's in general are ok if you're into graphics design or graphics animation. Other than that, I don't have much tolerance for them.
Old 03-11-2001, 05:37 AM   #34
Lief Erikson

Ahem! Mac's are lousy, you say?

Well, if you're deeply into computer games, I guess they can be; they don't support much. But other than that, I find them pretty smooth.

I think it depends at least partially on what you're used to. I spent a week in Florida once, and had to use a PC instead of the Mac we have at home, and I tell you, I was wishing for it. My personal experience has really shown Mac's to be pretty nice stuff. They get the job done, and you can actually do all sorts of stuff on them.

On the other hand, if I had grown up with a PC, I might think the other way around, as that would be what I was used to instead. Both types have their pros and cons, in my opinion.
Old 03-11-2001, 10:53 AM   #35
Elrond

Idril is a girl, yeah. So am I. This gets really confusing. I should probably just s**** elrond and post as idril, it would confuse less people, but I've been posting under this name for ages now.

Yeah, this is true. But on the older PCs that were around a few years back, the progrannes were really complicated, and definitely not user friendly. They're better now, but they took ages getting there, and still aren't as easy to use (well, that's what I think. Other people have very different views... my IT teacher refused to believe a mac could do the same stuff as a PC until I prooved it to him. He just has no idea what they can do.)
Old 03-11-2001, 01:00 PM   #36
anduin

You're a girl?? Holy cow! All this time I thought you were a guy. My apologies for calling you a "gentlemen" in some other thread.
Old 03-11-2001, 01:30 PM   #37
Idril Celebrindal

That's ok. It's a little confusing. Especially when I start posting under different names... I forgot to log out again (This is my name on some of the other boards. I forget why. I'm sure there was a reason). I thought I'd explained that whole thing. Maybe it was somewhere else. Or a long time ago, which is more likely. Like, 2 years back...
Old 03-11-2001, 02:58 PM   #38
noldo

Sorry Idril... It just seems unlikely to have a girl posting under the nick "Elrond".
Old 03-11-2001, 03:30 PM   #39
Lief Erikson

This is a fact.
Old 03-11-2001, 07:01 PM   #40
Idril Celebrindal

Don't I know it... but there was a reason, at the time. This was a few years back now, and I have no idea what it was. I'll probably post here under this name now, most of the time. Just to confuse people

I can't gat my control centre to work propperly. This is really bugging me now. I can't change my preferances or do user management. Is anyone else haveing problems, or is it just me?