Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-03-2003, 02:25 PM   #21
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Actually it's terrible - especially for a bus driver to be making fun of him. Who cares what someone looks like. So much for the lessons learned form Columbine and the other school shootings. But oh yeah - that was all about guns wasn't it? Had absolutley nothing to do with seeking revenge for people making fun them.

What is also disturbing is that you live in NJ - we're supposed to be more accepting to people's differences.
Aww, come on. You gotta see him before you say that.

I know he's pretty cool anyway. I saw him at a Rock Fest once and plus he knows a couple people on our bus and he's friends with them. They make fun of the hair too.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:05 PM   #22
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
Aww, come on. You gotta see him before you say that.

I know he's pretty cool anyway. I saw him at a Rock Fest once and plus he knows a couple people on our bus and he's friends with them. They make fun of the hair too.
Jokingly teasing someone between friends is different than a bus driver making fun of his hair. It may not bother him at all - buyt i still think it's wrong for a bus driver or teacher or any adult to make fun of a student (unless the adult and student are close and they are joking around and the person knows it).

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 03:45 PM   #23
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
...(unless the adult and student are close and they are joking around and the person knows it).
I have to disagree here. I don't think it's a good idea to be in a position of authority (like teacher, or bus driver) and to joke around like that with a student. A teacher (or bus driver) should show respect and kindness to the students, just like the students should show respect and kindness to the teacher. Of course, this is in a world where teachers are respected and paid well.

Actually, I recall buzz cutting half my head (the right side) and leaving the left side medium cut (to just below my shoulders). I've also buzz cut the lower half (when the other cut grew out) of my head and left the top medium length (actually only to just above my shoulders), pulling it into a pony tail (usually). I've dyed my hair all kinds of permanent and temporary colors. As well, as only dying the tips. Though, now that I'm in the real world, working real jobs, I just have my hair 'normal'.

Last edited by Ruinel : 09-03-2003 at 03:53 PM.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 04:06 PM   #24
kiwi
Elven Warrior

hey! 2 of my m8s got sum cool .....but weird hair do's!lol
One grew his hair out long and then shaved it all off appart from one long strip which goes down the middle of his head. He doesn't gel it up or anythin he just leaves it lyin to one side. It is bleach blonde at the tips.
The other one has done the same thing except he has geled it up in spikes but the tips are fusia and curled round hehe
Old 09-03-2003, 04:11 PM   #25
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
I have to disagree here. I don't think it's a good idea to be in a position of authority (like teacher, or bus driver) and to joke around like that with a student. A teacher (or bus driver) should show respect and kindness to the students, just like the students should show respect and kindness to the teacher. Of course, this is in a world where teachers are respected and paid well.
Actually in my school - some students were close to certain teachers and a lot of us were close to the bus driver and we used to joke around. It's not being disrespectful to joke around and have fun once in a while.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 12:45 PM   #26
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Actually in my school - some students were close to certain teachers and a lot of us were close to the bus driver and we used to joke around. It's not being disrespectful to joke around and have fun once in a while.
I think it depends on how you joke around. What is appropriate and what isn't. It's ok to be friendly, and if you get to know that teacher, ok... some joking... but not the kind of joking around like put downs and such. Damn! High school years are hard enough as it is.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 02:01 PM   #27
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

My younger brother wears a 'Jedi Padawan Braid'.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:59 PM   #28
kiwi
Elven Warrior

Quote:
My younger brother wears a 'Jedi Padawan Braid'.
Cool!
Old 09-08-2003, 04:32 PM   #29
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

He wants some brown robes for his next birthday.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:03 PM   #30
kiwi
Elven Warrior

hehe! cool:P