Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-09-2002, 05:36 PM   #21
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I sure hope the computer-generated Gollum will be good enough to not be distracting. The hissing and gurgling can be irritating even in the book - I wonder how it will be in the movie??

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 09:42 PM   #22
Entlover
Elven Warrior

I think the elves are fine, though I'd like more elven singing. We shouldn't confuse the elves of the Hobbit with those of LotR, there's a big difference. Tolkien changed the audience he was aiming at.
I would keep all the actors as they are. Definitely add the Barrow wight scenes, but I wouldn't need Tom Bombadil, he's ok in the book but wouldn't come across well in a movie. Let Frodo scare off the wight himself.
I like Viggo as Aragorn, he seems very intelligent, which you want in a king.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 12:21 AM   #23
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra

Gollum! The main character! Excuse me while I go puke! Arathorn, that sounds so gross and boring, all that preciousing and hissing...ewwww!
But I still think it would be interesting. It would be like Tom Hanks talking to his volleyball named Wilson. I'd insert a lot of voice overs for the thoughts (especially between his 2 bickering personalities). I think that since most of the lines in the book were from the perspectives of the hobbits who "wrote" the book, a lot of Gollums ideas and feelings were either not understood or edited out by "those filthy thieving hobbbitses".

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 08:07 AM   #24
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Mine would be long. Very, very long.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 10:19 AM   #25
katya
Elven Maiden

oh ya mine would too! who cares if non-fans can't sit through an 10 hour movie!! hahaha!!! there are so many things i would hate to leave out.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote