Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-23-2002, 04:05 PM   #21
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Don't have a thing against needles....

Being a blood doner got rid of that particular squeamishness long ago!
Old 05-23-2002, 11:23 PM   #22
mirrille
Elven Warrior

I have pierced ears, but that's it. One hole per ear. Very conservative. I got them when i was 5 or 6 because I thought my mother's earrings were so pretty (little diamonds in a flower pattern stud) and I wanted earrings too. I told her, but she said that I would have to get my ears pierced to wear earrings, so I asked her to pierce my ears. She agreed! I was surprised. The girl at the jewellery shop was even more surprised when my mom took me there. I remember her being afraid i was going to cry.

But since then, I'm more anti-multiple-piercings-in-inconvenient-places. Tongues, lips, nose. I like the look of those little studs on the side of the nose (East Indian style), but I don't think it would be good. Especially if I got a cold or allergies. Rings on the nose look silly.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 11:36 PM   #23
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Tatoos are dumb. Eventually, they all get slurred together, and it's just one green blob. I have nothing against girls getting their ears peirced, but boys that do it are g*y. Peircings all over your body are GROSS!!! I read this comic with this kid named Peirce, and his head was tilted to one side all the way. His friends walked up to him and asked him what was wrong. He said the new eyebrow ring he got caused his head to point North because of all the metal in his head.
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 05:11 AM   #24
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I only got my ears pierced and that's enough for me. I don't want any more, I'm afraid the skin will tear. However I do plan to get myself a tattoo some day. Nothing big, just a nice little design, a dragon maybe or a small pazyryk deer. It's not something you should rush, I think. After all, you'll have it for the rest of your life. And removal costs, as Lirza said, plenty.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:23 AM   #25
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
I have pierced ears, my mom made me do it when I was 12.
Your mom made you have your ears pierced? Poor you.

I have my ears pierced (of my own free will!) I am supportive of up to 2 piercings per ear, nowhere else, tattoos no thank you!
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 01:27 PM   #26
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by mirrille
I like the look of those little studs on the side of the nose (East Indian style), but I don't think it would be good. Especially if I got a cold or allergies.
I know, I've always wondered what people w/ holes there do when they have a cold! eeeeeewwwwwww!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 03:48 PM   #27
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I got my ears pierced when I was ten, and now I really regret it; I never wear earrings, though lots of people give me all this trouble about how I should, and I'm so sick of it--I hate earrings, get over it, not to mention all the trouble it caused because something got messed up and my ear got infected and it was really awful. . .ick. Anyway, I don't mind piercings on other people, just not for myself, and not when it's way overdone, and far too much.

About tattoos, I want one, but something simple and small that I won't spend the rest of my life regretting.

Quote:
I have nothing against girls getting their ears peirced, but boys that do it are g*y.
Are not! (sorry, I'm not feeling particuarly eloquent today. . .)

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 03:59 PM   #28
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Faramir
I have nothing against girls getting their ears peirced, but boys that do it are g*y.
Hey, I take that offensively.. I don't have piercings and I'm not homosexual, but that's just not right. I happen to know some very macho people who have tattoos and ear piercings .. Jon Arbuckle (at least for a couple strips) for one and he's certainly heterosexual

I really don't see how people can stand to have those big tattoos etched into their body.. do they get anaesthetic? Owie.
Old 05-26-2002, 04:01 PM   #29
Eruviel Greenleaf

Thank you Mirahzi!!! You said basically what I would have said if I felt like saying it. . .anyway, agreed

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 05-26-2002, 04:06 PM   #30
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

I must be psychic.

Anyways, what's the deal with being gay? Why is it considered among youths as such a bad thing? But don't answer that since it really belongs on another thread.
Old 05-26-2002, 04:13 PM   #31
Eruviel Greenleaf

. . .and that hypothetical thread is garunteed to be shut down almost immediately; I know from past experience. But I do have the same question. . .*sigh*

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 05-26-2002, 05:35 PM   #32
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirahzi
Hey, I take that offensively.. I don't have piercings and I'm not homosexual, but that's just not right.
Are we forgetting something here, people? There's nothing wrong with gay people! Why is it suddenly an insult to call people gay?! My gay friends are a LOT nicer than some heteros; maybe it's the discrimination or something. Sheesh.
Old 05-26-2002, 05:38 PM   #33
Eruviel Greenleaf

I think the point of that was to say that it is offensive to say that, because it could be taken as an insult to gay people. Because I entirely agree with you, BoP. *sigh*

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 05-26-2002, 08:04 PM   #34
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
GAY PEOPLE ARE COOL!!!
Ok, so I'm not gay (I might be; hell, I'm too young to know for sure) but I have nothing against those who are.
Anyways, that said, back on topic:

I wanna get my ears pierced, but I'm too chicken to stick holes in my ears. My mom would let me, of course, if I had a doctor or somebody really professional do it, but I'm afraid it'll hurt. Or that they'll get infected, or that they'll do like my mom's ears did and eventually tear through (Although, her earrings did weigh several pounds back then). I like to make earrings out ofbeads and wire; but I can't wear them, so I give them to my teacher instead. Multiple piercings on ears don't bother me; however, for things like eyebrows and tongues it seems a little weird. But hey, to each his (or her) own.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 09:17 PM   #35
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Sorry, no offense, I take it back.
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 09:34 PM   #36
Hobbette
Sapling

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
I have pierced ears, my mom made me do it when I was 12.
I agree AE, temp tattoos are the way to go. They have some really cool ones, and that way you could change them, go without them for a while, and you don't have to go through the pain!
I was in a wedding last year and 3 of the bridesmaids had multiple tattoos each. Someone said "I've never seen so many tattoos in a bridal party -- on the bridesmaids!"
My mom took me to get my ears pierced when I was 4 because everyone kept saying to her, "Oh, what a cute little boy you have!"

About the wedding party, I know of a couple of brides that had the appliqueson the backs of their dresses moved to cover up tattoos. I'm not against anyone for getting a tattoo, but I do think it's short-sited. What you want on your body at 18 or 28 is very different from 58.
Hobbette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 09:57 PM   #37
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Welcome aboard 'bette!

interesting about the applique.

I had a friend have on removed only to end up scarred.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 10:24 PM   #38
Liviaine
Elven Warrior

I'm pretty conservative. I don't have any piercings. My mom has earrings but only wears them to keep her holes open and on special occasions. My friend wears sensitives. I'd get a single hole in each lobe and no tattoos. I have drawn on myself in gelpen though, writing LotR.
Liviaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 09:01 AM   #39
anduin
Entwife

Great topic A-e!

I have two tats, a rather large one on my lower back and one on the inside of my ankle. Both are very easily hidden if I want them to be. I have plenty lined up for whenever I get the nerve to get another one. I say nerve because they are quite painful. However, after awhile the pain of getting them becomes quite pleasant believe it or not. As for piercings I have the usual holes in my ears...one on each ear. My husband on the otherhand has two holes per ear and five tats.

Quote:
What you want on your body at 18 or 28 is very different from 58.
This may be true if you get a tattoo just to get one. But for some, tattoos express their lifes journey. Like the person who got a small butterfly after their grandmother died. Anyone who gets a tattoo just to have one will more than likely not get another and not appreciate the one that they have. They are definitely not for everyone.
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 09:03 AM   #40
BeardofPants
the Shrike

If it's not too personal, Anduin, can I ask you what your tattoos are?