Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-25-2003, 06:17 AM   #21
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

I'd be ecstatic if Colin Creevey died! Yes, I'm nasty and evil, but it's so much FUN!
I hope Harry gives up on Cho, particularly now Cedric's dead, and Ron and Hermione are so going to get together.
And I kind of hope that Harry will die a heroic kind of death in Book 7 battling You-Know-Who to the death. It'd be a good end. I'd cry, but it would be good.
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 06:43 AM   #22
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think that v will be related to harry i reckon hagrid his i dont know why its my womanly instincts thats telling me.
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 11:31 PM   #23
TinuvielChild
Padawan

samwiselvr: Draco's mum's name is Narcissa.

Don't know who JKR's going to kill off, but I know who it won't be:

Snape (too valuable as a spy)
Harry (2 more books to go)
Hermione (same reason as Harry)
Ron (see above)

The rest are fair game; Hagrid could have problems with the giants, Draco could be killed as a Death Eater, Dumbledore could be killed by a fatal error (I know, he doesn't make errors, but it could happen).

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 02:43 PM   #24
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Right. Um. Let's have a go, here....

Draco won't die yet. He will have to join up with the Death Eaters, but then in Bk 7, Harry and Moldywart will have a big climactic battle and Draco will end up saving Harry and dying then. Or something like that. I predict that they will have to work together to make something work in Bk 6 or 7.

Ron/Hermione....it's kind of obvious.

Harry / no one as of yet. There isn't anyone that fits....Hermione will most likely end up with Ron, and there's no one else that he's close to. Any other girl (or boy, but I doubt JK would write that...too bad ) would have to displace Ron and Herm AND Sirius AND his parents in his heart, to use a sappy term.

Neville will play an important role somehow....everyone will think he's useless but he will remember something v. v. important and be smarter than people give him credit for.

Dumbledore...I don't think he's EVIL, per se (stupid stupid generalizations), but he HAS got something up that sleeve of his besides one arm.

Also...someone (don't recall who) mentioned that kid's books will have a happy ending--but JK has already pointed out that it's getting darker and darker (not to mention longer and longer...) and it wouldn't be at all suprising if someone close to Harry died.

Tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 03:07 PM   #25
Legolas_is_fit
Elven Warrior

I agree Draco wont be killed off snice he has joined with the death eaters (read book 4)
but I think Sirius Black (read book 3) should come back and help harry in a 'quest' and Dumldore should be involed a bit more as well snice he is the head. Harry should die because of the poison put into him by v (you no who) should start to posion his mind and bring him on to the dark side with v then they become the most powerful wizards and they go killing inacent people and then they try and kill a baby and he reflects it (like harry did) and they both die.
I hope you got where i was going...
Gimli:Toss me over to the gate. But just dont tell the elf.
Aragon:Ok I promise

Well it goes along those lines i cant remember the exact words
Legolas_is_fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 02:49 AM   #26
analyveth
Sapling

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel

Draco won't die yet. He will have to join up with the Death Eaters, but then in Bk 7, Harry and Moldywart will have a big climactic battle and Draco will end up saving Harry and dying then. Or something like that. I predict that they will have to work together to make something work in Bk 6 or 7.
yup, reckon so, there's got to be some sort of family betrayal on draco's part, noone is born evil, nature/nurture kind of thing. hmm, predictions in general, not just for book five:

dumbledore dies trying to save harry or vice versa
percy goes evil (v probable) but is then redeemed
neville saves key character
the mysterious reason that harry is safe with the dursley's is revealed to be the crazy old lady with cats is v powerful witch in style of dumbledore's sister or something
harry discovers twin that was hidden at birth
voldemort's star wars stylee revelation of some kind of parentage
snape dies saving harry

...hmmm, these are getting a bit outlandish

Last edited by analyveth : 04-16-2003 at 02:51 AM.
analyveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 09:21 PM   #27
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Adrian Baggins
My predictions:

RON AND HERMIONIE GET MARRIED

Harry defeats Voldemort

Ginny and Colin marry

PERCY GOES EVIL

Harry's mom is related to V. (V. said Harry's mom needent have died, is that a hint)

Cho dies or never ever dates anyone because she loved Cedric so much

HArry meets another boy named Ron (maybe a third Creeve) who dies

Lupin comes back to Hogwarts

Snape befriends Harry and the others and makes up for years of Malfoy fails Potions(6th year)letting Malfoy get away with anything (in the 5th or 6th book)

Malfoy's dad gets caught and Malfoy is expelled from his 7th year

Harry lives with Sirus and Petigrew is caught

sounds like you have read the book. you seem so sure.
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 04:06 PM   #28
nessawen
Sapling

i think that Draco and Harry will become friends and then Draco will marry Hermione! hehehe very strange, i know!
nessawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 08:33 AM   #29
SamwiseGamgeeOTS
Elven Warrior

Location: A quaint little hole which last time I checked was somewhere near Ohio, Middle-Earth.
i'm thinking that harry and draco fight to the death.......wait...childrens book. maybe not. maybe they'll become friends? who knows. maybe somehow v will work through Draco to kill Harry.....I think i'm goin along with the ending of harry dying...even though I would also cry. but, I always wanted Harry and Herm to hook up! I always thought that that would be better than her and Ron...GRR! i dunno. I do know that I would absolutly love to see Lupin back at Hogwarts. I always pictured him as Igore (spelling?) from Young Frankenstien....It just seemed to fit his character.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:56 AM   #30
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Who said Dumbledore's not comparable to Gandalf? Well...I agree but Dumbledore, I thought, is possibly the best Harry Potter character. And Richard Harris was brilliant for that role in the movie.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:44 PM   #31
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Meh. Within the HP universe, Dumbledore is definetly cool. Very cool. And I am very sad about Richard Harris's death...

But I also get the feeling that dear ol' Bumblebee won't be around at the end for whatever reason.

tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 05-08-2003, 05:38 PM   #32
LadyGreenleaf22
Hobbit

I heard a rumor about that Ron, Harry, and Hermione will all be made prefects. I also read that one of the main characters will be a teacher at Hogwarts...Hermione would be my guess...Maybe Harry will be Headmaster?

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused"
LadyGreenleaf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 07:58 PM   #33
Elf Girl
Lurker

My theory:

Cornelius fudge goes the same ways as Barty Crouch, Sr. Percy follows, but he's a Weasly, so he doesn't die, and he sees the light in the end.

Ron/Hermione, of course. Victor Krum dies in the fourth book to allow this.

Aunt Petunia is a witch who rejected going to Hogwarts.

Harrry is related to the Weaslys. (Ruling out Harry/Ginny.)

Harry is the heir to Voldemort.

Colin Creevy dies to save Harry.

Neville does something extremely foolish, like attacking Voldemort, but survives.

SNAPE GETS THE DARK ARTS JOB!

Gilderoy Lockhart reenters the story, messes things up.

Voldemort is defeated by the fact that Harry's blood runs in his veins.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 01:24 PM   #34
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Originally posted by Elf Girl
My theory:
Tano's comments like this....

Cornelius fudge goes the same ways as Barty Crouch, Sr. Percy follows, but he's a Weasly, so he doesn't die, and he sees the light in the end.

I can buy that. Percy definetly smelled suspicious. He's a little too interested in his job and etc....

Ron/Hermione, of course. Victor Krum dies in the fourth book to allow this.

Yes....I agree on that point.

Aunt Petunia is a witch who rejected going to Hogwarts.

Not so sure about this...It doesn't quite seem like she has such a "dark past" so to speak. It would be interesting but I don't think it's set up quite the right way so far for that to make sense.

Harrry is related to the Weaslys. (Ruling out Harry/Ginny.)

Lily did have red hair... That would be cute, I think. But not really close...like Lily was the fourth cousin of Molly twice removed or something like that.

Harry is the heir to Voldemort.

Vooosh....heir to what? It wouldn't be suprising...but I hope she doesn't do it.

Colin Creevy dies to save Harry.

I wouldn't be at all suprised by this, either.

Neville does something extremely foolish, like attacking Voldemort, but survives.

Right! He turns out to be not so stupid as everyone thought he was....I have deep hopes for Mr. Neville. I think he's going to turn out very crucial.

SNAPE GETS THE DARK ARTS JOB!

Ooh, no.....okay, it would be cool, but then who would teach potions? I know everyone says he hates it, but still...he's such a crazy teacher. I want Lupin to come back and teach DADA.

Gilderoy Lockhart reenters the story, messes things up.

I thought he went insane? Ah, well...that's never stopped anyone before. Maybe Moldywart uses him as a stupid minion-goon.

Voldemort is defeated by the fact that Harry's blood runs in his veins.
Yes, that and a combination of other factors. Can't wait to see!

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 05-11-2003, 02:20 PM   #35
Elf Girl
Lurker

Neville will be teaching potions, Rowling's already said he'll be teaching something.

As for Petunia being a witch, well, I'm not sure on that, but I just think it would work nicely.

See the heir to Voldemort thread for why I think Harry's his heir.

Remember, deep in the fourth book, when Harry tells Dumbledore that Voldemort took his blood? And it said:
Quote:
For a fleeting instant, Harry thought he saw a gleam of something like triumph it Dumbledore's eyes.
Dumbledore know it will be the Dark Lord's downfall.

O, forgot one: Dumbledore will die in the seventh book, naturally.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 06:26 PM   #36
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

I had one idea a while ago about why Petunia and Vernon hate wizards so much.
Maybe it's not actually what they think but an idea the Ministry of Magic gave them, so they wouldn't seek to exploit magic.
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 06:30 PM   #37
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Neville will be teaching potions, Rowling's already said he'll be teaching something.
Neville is more likely to teach Herbology, which he's good at. He hates potions! (Muggle equivelant - Biology rules over Chemistry!)

I'm really scared one of the Weasleys are going to be killed. I don't know if I could handle that, I love the Weasleys!

Who else wants to see Harry/Ginny? I sure do!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 07:08 PM   #38
SamwiseGamgeeOTS
Elven Warrior

Location: A quaint little hole which last time I checked was somewhere near Ohio, Middle-Earth.
i'm for the Harry/Ginny thing.

but, I wouldn't wanna be Ron though. that would suck. having ur best friend dating ur sister. good times.

but then again...having ur best friends dating each other...that's also good times.

these books are just good times. rock on.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:03 PM   #39
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I'm not sure, but I have a hope that the Four founders of Hogwarts serve as the connection between Harry and Voldemort. Voldemort is an Heir - maybe Potter is one too? They're not going to be blood related. Far too Star-Warsy indeed. That would be a disappointment for me.

Ron and Hermione are at some point getting together.

Voldemort will die, but Harry is debatable.

I want to learn more about the Malfoy family. For some reason I think they have veela blood in them.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 06-01-2003 at 08:03 PM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 07:09 PM   #40
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
did she say this, was it in an interview or on a site.

Quote:
O, forgot one: Dumbledore will die in the seventh book, naturally. [/B]
NOOOOO damn i dont want him to die. i want him to fight voldamort a bit before he dies
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote